Pod Your Reef

40G SPS Masterpiece *New Coral Pics*

scottyreef

Wow I would never have the luck to be home for that type of disaster... Glad you got everything saved. Hopefully the forced upgrade will bring great things in return..

I guess you can say you had it filled to the brim and it busted at the seams..

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scottyreef

• pismo_reefer

• Jacobnano

• lilredneckman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Crackerballer

Damn son. I would have been hurting. I have the tanks to get a reserve, but getting the saltwater in and up to a decent temp would be my worry. Glad you saved everything. Solana maybe?

pismo_reefer

WOOOOW!!!! :o

Im speechless.....

If Sam cant get you a breeder, you can purchase one of mine....

I'll prolly need a smaller size tank for the sump anywho....

lemme know what happens, Scott.

Edited by pismo_reefer

you are not kidding about that crack. that is terrible.

Damn son. I would have been hurting. I have the tanks to get a reserve, but getting the saltwater in and up to a decent temp would be my worry. Glad you saved everything. Solana maybe?

ya, i agree with this -- how do you get the water up to the right temperature, with a microwave and ice cubes until it looks right?? crazy.

i only keep about 5g of salt water mixed up at any one time. that would be an absolute nightmare. were you able to salvage any of the original tank water?

i'm pretty impressed with what a good job you did getting that all together as quickly as you did.

Edited by timdanger
pismo_reefer
i'm pretty impressed with what a good job you did getting that all together as quickly as you did.

Dont underestimate a reefer in distress....

Especcially this guy. ;)

Wow I would never have the luck to be home for that type of disaster... Glad you got everything saved. Hopefully the forced upgrade will bring great things in return..

I this isd the first time ever i have caught something soo quick. I hope my tank turn out to be something better

I guess you can say you had it filled to the brim and it busted at the seams..

the probelm there arnt any seems I'm stil trying to figure out how this basterd cracked

well i had time to drain out about 1/2 the water volume thank god as for the rest i have 7 gallons of fresh saltwater that i keep inside so the temp was too bad i also put two heaters in there when i first happened

WOOOOW!!!! :o

Im speechless.....

If Sam cant get you a breeder, you can purchase one of mine....

I'll prolly need a smaller size tank for the sump anywho....

lemme know what happens, Scott.

I think sam going to hook me up but thanks mike who knows i might stil have to take up up on that offer.

you are not kidding about that crack. that is terrible.

ya, i agree with this -- how do you get the water up to the right temperature, with a microwave and ice cubes until it looks right?? crazy.

i only keep about 5g of salt water mixed up at any one time. that would be an absolute nightmare. were you able to salvage any of the original tank water?

no my water temp was abut 80 to start with and i added new saltwater all the fish seem to be ok. I don't know about a my corals though i haven't had the hqi on

Did the water short out anything? were you running a power strip that got wet or anything?

Dont underestimate a reefer in distress....

Especcially this guy. ;)

thanks bro

i'm checking to see if they can add to the order for you scott. i'll let you know as soon as i hear from them.

thanks it means aot

bluenassarius

hey scott,

the best price they can do on the 40br is $80 since they cannot add it to the group buy. its $8 more than the group buy price. to get the discount, the combined order needed to be placed approx 48 hrs in advance. they have 1 of the 40br in stock right now. lmk if ya want it, i'll text to them to have them hold it for ya. the tanks for the group order are arriving tomorrow.

yeah i just got I'm painting it back as we speak. thanks sam

Sorry about everything man! That really sucks! Hopefully everything will be alright!

Good luck!!

Nope i havent heard a word well my best guess of why it broke is. when the tank was formed and bent it left a weak spot right before the bend and with the constant strain of holding the water it just failed. I honesty doubt he wil do anything its been two years since i bought it ( i know i can believe its been that long)

Its alive and i did a pretty quick turn around less then 24hrs. so it all there it still need to come up to temp and replace the rocks and livestock but its up and moving. I'm going to have to due a lot of upgrades but i think i can limp though for a little while

IMG_3430.jpg

IMG_3429.jpg

thanks everybody for your help and support

wel i found my first casualty, its nothing big i guess when i was running round with my head cut off i took out a chalice frag and i put it into a bucket of crappy water full of detrius which is now ike 60 degrees... its pretty much dead........ life goes on

pismo_reefer
wel i found my first casualty, its nothing big i guess when i was running round with my head cut off i took out a chalice frag and i put it into a bucket of crappy water full of detrius which is now ike 60 degrees... its pretty much dead........ life goes on

I do that to at least 1 or 2 frags everytime I do a big move....

Mostly I set something down, forget it's there and... squish!

dead frag... :blush:

Breeder looks great!

Did you paint all 3 sides?