Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

40G SPS Masterpiece *New Coral Pics*

scottyreef

hey thank i really don't think it will stay that color since it came for a system with very little actinic light so we will see how it will color up

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scottyreef

• pismo_reefer

• Jacobnano

• lilredneckman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So guys have been asking and asking so here you are a FTS. Now don't be to harsh the bowl of sand is not staying i am not sure yet if i can keep the plate coral with a bare bottom tank. also it was really bright out and i couldn't keep all the light from reflecting off the face of the tank

front

IMG_2928-1.jpg

left

IMG_2922-1.jpg

Right

IMG_2927-1.jpg

Edited by scottyreef

well i took the plate coral out of the tuperware i was tired of the heckeling LOL ......J/K anyway we will see how well it will do with out its little beachfront property. Has anyone else keep there plate coral on a bare bootom i think i have asked this question about five time now woth no comment

Thank you for the answer really no one i have asked gave me a straight answer. Yeah i was just playing it safe its out of the dish so i am hoping for the best

Well i had a pretty busy day yesterday i bought quite a few coral and i even got a really nice hitchhiker.

ORA corals

I haven't been buying ORA corals lately beccause i hate there frag plugs but anyway i got three and i am not sure about the last one so anyone who knows for sure please leave a comment.

Purple Plasma

IMG_2942.jpg

Pearlberry

IMG_2940.jpg

I think this is Joe the Coral or Roscoe's Blue (the one on the left)

IMG_2943.jpg

these others are cut from wild colonies for my friend samson

a great yellow base purple polyp monti. i already have a pieace of this from someone else but i couldn't pass it up ( sorry it was a little pissed because of reasons below)

IMG_2944.jpg

Finally

one the monti frag i got i found a pretty nice hitchhiker.

IMG_2935.jpg

Edited by scottyreef

Also over the last couple weeks my picasso clown is finally hosting in my RBTA. But now he's ####### it off and i am thinking of getting rid of both the clown and the RBTA.

+1 to not needing a sand bed for the fungia. Shouldn't be a big deal. He'll move to where he's happy anyway and you never know if that might be right up on the rock, LOL. I've had Joe the Coral before and that piece looks just like mine did so I'd say that's what it is. Everything looks awesome. That monti is sick and the hitchhikers are a pretty sweet bonus. Really nice collection you have going, keep up the good work.

Bill

+1 to not needing a sand bed for the fungia. Shouldn't be a big deal. He'll move to where he's happy anyway and you never know if that might be right up on the rock, LOL. I've had Joe the Coral before and that piece looks just like mine did so I'd say that's what it is. Everything looks awesome. That monti is sick and the hitchhikers are a pretty sweet bonus. Really nice collection you have going, keep up the good work.

Bill

thanks bill on you comments yeah the plate is doing great its a little less puffed up than compared to the mini sandbed but we will see how well it does. the monti has a good amoun tof potional but its seems to be a low light speices. so i need to find a shaddy spot but all in i got it for a steal i should say how much but it was little more than a taco bell order for two LOL. t

he hitchhikers is actully causeing me greef i have had three pm's and people saying that i have a whole bunch of actinic light to make them look good and other people say that they are something special. In my book there just another coral odds are i am going to use them to trade for more sps or just give them away.

can i haz a frag of ur hitcher zoa's scott?

PRETTY PREEZ :flower:

name yer price...

you can have a frag for free when i get them off the rock I am not a zoa collector and it not like i paid extra for them :lol:

does anyone on here have Dwarf Planaxis from reefcleaners i am getting a order in this week from them and i am getting some in replacement for some limpets that died in shipping. I am also getting some Gracilaria and a few other snails Zig Zag Periwinkles, Juvenile Florida Ceriths and what not.

well after a few months of getting so "Ice Fire Echinata's" and coming up with rasberries i got a hold of a fellow reefer and get a frag of a real Ice Fire Echinata that was bought from Karl Unarce. I also got a piece of a nice tri color acropora granulosa.

sorry about the bad pic i just put it in the tank and its still a little stressed. I think under my lighting the blue tips are going to come out a lot better

Ice Fire Echinata

IMG_2945.jpg

granulosa

IMG_2947.jpg

i also got two more frags but they are really pissed so i thought i would wait until they calm down

scott

Edited by scottyreef
you are hardcore collector scotty :)

hey thanks i am really trying to be hardcore :naughtydance: LOL. Now i just need all the stuff i bought to grow out so i can recoupe all the money i spent

^ this is an understatement.

hardcore funder of LFS's is moar like it.... :D

yeah your right. hey mike i fragged up that zoa hitcher i got for you

IMG_2954.jpg

Edited by scottyreef

well i have some updated frag pics of what i got

this pic does this coral no justice its a great steely grey and on the mother colony had a great growth pattern

IMG_2950.jpg

Tyree Pink Lemonade

this is a frag that a fellow reefer got from steve tyree which he won in a raffle he had a large colony of it so he just gave it too me

IMG_2956.jpg

Blue unkown ( its not the name i have no idea what it is)

IMG_2955.jpg

a little better pic of the Ice Fire that i got yesterday

IMG_2952.jpg

Thanks for looking everyone

thanks mike i replied to your pm i will down at exotice aquarium on sunday if anyone else in the sacramento area whats to meet up there too. we can have a little informal reefer meet up.

I'm about 98% sure that your unknown a few pictures up is a tabling acro. Nothing else common has the raised corallites quite like that. Very nice piece! The purple rim around that Tyree pink lemonade is just amazing.

anyone? anyone?

i got frags, lol.

:D

Yeah come guys we need to make this a party

I'm about 98% sure that your unknown a few pictures up is a tabling acro. Nothing else common has the raised corallites quite like that. Very nice piece! The purple rim around that Tyree pink lemonade is just amazing.

yeah thats what i thought but who know whats it going to look like when it grows out. the lemonade is a pretty nice pieace i already have one growing in the tank but like with most pink lemonades it encrust a whole lot but lacks vertical growth.

Edited by scottyreef