Innovative Marine Aquariums

40G SPS Masterpiece *New Coral Pics*

scottyreef

bluenassarius
thanks you know the wierd thing is they are only under a 14k phoneix it not like they are under my old 21k bulb that i ran for the last year

what is the 21k bulb you ran?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scottyreef

• pismo_reefer

• Jacobnano

• lilredneckman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well since i am posting on most chaged coral heres my Blue Rip Tide Valida

7/21/09

IMG_2602.jpg

10/7/09

IMG_2779.jpg

I am not really digging the change since it came from 20k lighting and its now its under 14k lighting but i guess with the k change its to be expected. the the polyp extention has really gotten better

Edited by scottyreef

I have been thinking if i should put my new mp-10 in my tank long with my mp-20 they both would be dialed down quite a bit but i have noticed that i do get a few dead spots on the bottom most part of my tank where detritus accumulates. but i am not sure what do you guys think i know i went with the mp-20 to get rid of all the powerhead but i just can't help my self.

IMG_2772.jpg

pismo_reefer
So mike what are you looking for i am always willing to help you find what your looking for.

as soon as my tank settles again, we'll talk ;)

Well i got five new pieces today but only two are adjusted enough to photograph

first is a extremly rare morph of encrusting montipora speices. half of each polyp is green and white this morph is present throughout the entire colony

IMG_2796.jpg

next is a very beautiful acropora i don'tknow the spieces but this thing has got some major polyps and super bright base

IMG_2792.jpg

Also i meet another Nano-Reef legend at yourreef ..........RANDY better known as "PurpleUp".......... LOL

I will be making some frags up pretty soon be on the look for my sales thread. I really need to start making room i am running out quick

I gota new fish today a tail spot blenny i love how the little guys look and act to bad my lights turned off before i could snap a picture of him

I was doing some tank worka nd i noticed that my Aurora Borealis Chalice had really developed some major eye action

8/15/2009

IMG_2657.jpg

10/15/2009

IMG_2883.jpg

LOL i didn't even noticed that it was 2 months to the day thats funny

this coral is getting really sick and i mean in a good way. I really think this is due to me dosing brightwell coral amino

9/8/2009

IMG_2704.jpg

10/6/2009

IMG_2778.jpg

10/16/2009

IMG_2892.jpg

Freakin awesome

well i got a few new peices as of late but today i got this very bright orange fungia plate coral it also has bright blue tips. I do have one question on it can i keep it on a bare bottom tank. right now i have it on a mini sand bed as you can see. I know you shouldn't glue them down since they are prone to micro tears of there flesh but do they absoultly need a sand bed to surive?

Sorry about the bad pic is in the corner of my tank and i hard to get a decent shot.

IMG_2908.jpg

Edited by scottyreef
Alright. Lemme get summa that.

your gonna have to get your own there randy LOL Its all mine :lol:

Your tank is hot.

thats something that no one has said about my tank. i try my best :happy:

well here are two of the five new pices i got the others haven't came out of there shells yet

Acropora solitaryensis ( or similar encrusting plating acro)

IMG_2912.jpg

Unkown Acro that poses great possiblities

IMG_2911.jpg

lastly here is a udated pic of a acro i got a while back that is really coloring up

it was well very brown when i got it (no pic)

then turned this color

IMG_2618.jpg

and now its this

IMG_2913.jpg

Edited by scottyreef
thanks ther buddy i am really trying my best your tank is looking great too. i couldn't do that much with such a small tank

ya.... its doin' okay....

im 'bout to ditch the zoa's i think....

frekkin pox.

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.......

dammit scott....Im.So.Jealous.

Ugh. :mellow:

My thoughts exactly. Hey any chance I could get a FTS, pretty please :)

Oooh that really is purple. I think I'm going to pry my frag off the lower base rock, and move it to the top. I'll wait until after the upgrade though.

sounds like a plan. call me if you need any help with the tank change

ya.... its doin' okay....

im 'bout to ditch the zoa's i think....

frekkin pox.

yeah i hate zoa pox i found if you run a uv sterilizer in your top off water you will be less likey to get pox again. Use a large one because the large amount of UV light will make O3 ( ozone) with will help keep your water clean and really help you skimmer proformance if you have one. Hey don't ditch stuff because you have a set back just live and learn

My thoughts exactly. Hey any chance I could get a FTS, pretty please :)

Yeah yeah i know i have just been to lazy but i will

Unkown Acro that poses great possiblities

IMG_2911.jpg

Wow, congrats on finding some really interesting Acros. This red polyp-on-red/bluish-purple is stunning!

Ralph.

Edited by Nano sapiens