SaltCritters.com

Cali-girl's Biocube29

Cali-girl

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank looks great and will look even more stunning with the new Sunpod. I know how exciting a new light can be and what a difference it can make with the tank. Like someone mentioned above, just be sure to acclimate the corals nice and slow. Better to take it slow than risk bleaching and/or losing something in the process. Even with 2-3 sheets of screening you will get plenty of enjoyment from the difference in lighting while you wait.

Look forward to seeing some pics of the new light. B)

Hey thanks for the comment on my journal....i figured i would return the favor!!

Enjoy the new light....i absolutely love mine...as mentioned from Adam(Divecj5), definitely use some screens to acclimate the corals...you saw my pictures and those had screens plus the egg crate and still came out great....The colors pop very nicely with the new light....big difference from PCs.

Your tank is looking good so far....and now of course the new light means you can have SPS and other light hungry corals....means more $$$....damn addiction hahaha enjoy :)

Hey thanks for the comment on my journal....i figured i would return the favor!!

Enjoy the new light....i absolutely love mine...as mentioned from Adam(Divecj5), definitely use some screens to acclimate the corals...you saw my pictures and those had screens plus the egg crate and still came out great....The colors pop very nicely with the new light....big difference from PCs.

Your tank is looking good so far....and now of course the new light means you can have SPS and other light hungry corals....means more $$$....damn addiction hahaha enjoy :)

you said it!

but i've been going really slow with this tank. The last few additions have been kinda rapid, but my tank hasn't made that much progress as far as stocking with new stuff or adding new equipment. It has, however, been maintained and Stable!! that's what's important. I have a feeling that i'm not gonna go and spend all my money on new corals right away. And most of the time, i buy small stuff that grows in, so it's cheaper!

I got the new MH light!! Sent from arizona by Desertheatracing, THANKS!!

Picked up another 10lbs of rock from Pacific Reef in Orange. Got a tip from Phixon that they had good already cured rock available. The guys were really nice and helped me pick out some shapes/sizes i needed. I also took in my maroon clown as he had taken over the entire tank and they gave me a % off the two ORA perculas i bought to replace him. Really nice place.

Without further delay.........

FTS

DSCN1008.jpg

RS

DSCN1013.jpg

LS

DSCN1012.jpg

Close up of the caves

DSCN1010.jpg

mushroom feeding

DSCN1002.jpg

xenia

DSCN1009.jpg

my keeper of the reef, making sure all is well...

DSCN1004.jpg

WindCloudWRX

You know by now, all the 'guys' are onto you?

JK

Could you possible take some pictures of the 14GBC. I'm interested in picking it up and wanted to here people's feedback with it.

Thanks.

You know by now, all the 'guys' are onto you?

JK

Could you possible take some pictures of the 14GBC. I'm interested in picking it up and wanted to here people's feedback with it.

Thanks.

I have tons of pics in the first part of my thread before i switched. Don't have any others tho once i broke everything down. I loved the 14! I only switched because i wanted more space.

So whaddya mean "They're 'on' to me"?? :huh:

Nice tank !! congrats on the new lights.

Haha, i was cracking up at the "keeper of the reef" pic....it reminds me of my cat. Only my cat gets brave and will actually climb on top of the light and look down at the fish, i dont trust him one bit. :D too cute!

WindCloudWRX
I have tons of pics in the first part of my thread before i switched. Don't have any others tho once i broke everything down. I loved the 14! I only switched because i wanted more space.

So whaddya mean "They're 'on' to me"?? :huh:

Okay. I'll check them out again.

So what do you think about the 14 overall?

Does it suit upgrades like having a fixture sit ontop of the tank and etc?

As of now, my goal is to just setup something simple, b4 upgrdaing lights.

nice tank! I'm in the process of setting up an orca tl450 (i think it's 12g?) for my two black clowns! I have a 55g in the living room but there are already two orange clowns in there with established territories so I don't want any fighting. I'm gonna be doing some mods to fit in as many PC lights as I can so I can put an anemone for the black clowns. It's gonna be a FOWLRAA tank (fish only with live rock and anemone)

anyhow, I must have missed something along the way, you had a maroon clown in one post and then two false percs in your later posts, what happened to the maroon? Did she start getting bossy?

• 2 weeks later...
nice tank! I'm in the process of setting up an orca tl450 (i think it's 12g?) for my two black clowns! I have a 55g in the living room but there are already two orange clowns in there with established territories so I don't want any fighting. I'm gonna be doing some mods to fit in as many PC lights as I can so I can put an anemone for the black clowns. It's gonna be a FOWLRAA tank (fish only with live rock and anemone)

anyhow, I must have missed something along the way, you had a maroon clown in one post and then two false percs in your later posts, what happened to the maroon? Did she start getting bossy?

Totally missed this post!!! sorry mysptlk!

I did have to get rid of the maroon :( things were going so well and then it decided to take over the entire tank. not just his little spot, but everywhere and was starting to bully the firefish. That was 2 and a half weeks ago, he's still scared of the other clown in there now and mostly stays in his cave. I donated him to a LFS and got a perc instead. Went the other day and he's still there ... poor guy .. no one wants him..

side note: got some more stuffs in the tank! i'm taking pics tonight to post!!

thanks Tudizzle! how are those rics doing? i've got to get me some of those!

Raf: Thanks for the compliments, i kinda love it!!

WindCloudWRX

I want to ask about your clowns hosting. Have they ever hosted in a particular area or relocated to diff't hosts?

I had mines host in a torch, but then move to a feather duster.

as of right now the occi hasn't hosted anything. It likes to swim with the little clown goby, I actually think there's some flirting going on! haha :lol:

The maroon hosted a rock. completely unexciting!

Rics are doing great, just moved them up into the rock work as they already out grew the original rock that I mounted them to.

Can't seem to keep my hands out of the tank right now, constantly rearranging!

Everything is growing in and I have quite a few frags piling up............

Everything is growing in and I have quite a few frags piling up............

:huh: sooo...... you maybe needin' a place to put those frags???? uh ahem ... ahem ....

allllrighty! finally got some pics to show you guys. got some new stuff and finally figured out the best way so far to use my camera. Just have to say that the more and more i have this tank the more and more i'm completely loving being in this hobby! I'm at the point to where things are starting to grow and attach and fill in. Don't have a lot of variety yet, but i'm working on that slowly.

here's the pics.....

new peppermint shrimp whose deciding that the light isn't so bad ..

DSCN1024.jpg

beautiful cleaner shrimp who likes to clean the magfloat..

DSCN1063.jpg

new monti frag, haven't decided where to glue it yet, not sure what kind

DSCN1032.jpg

bright green star zoas

DSCN1067.jpg

some other zoas, not sure exactly the color, they look like a brownish blue

DSCN1078.jpg

sun coral

DSCN1068.jpg

brittle star trying to find some food

DSCN1060.jpg

feeding mushroom and tiny tiny brittle stars under the rock

DSCN1059.jpg

hammer

DSCN1027.jpg

xenia

DSCN1018.jpg

acan

DSCN1020.jpg

funny pic of the little goby, Gus

DSCN1019.jpg

clown who is deciding to host the hairy mushroom!

DSCN1074.jpg

half the tank

DSCN1052.jpg

other half

DSCN1053.jpg

hope you liked all the stuff going on!

Archived