Pod Your Reef

Cali-girl's Biocube29

Cali-girl

great little tank, just a word of advice the hydor flos are really cut output of the pump down. I had two of them and i sold them within a few days of purchasing them.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
job + room in tank + summer boredom = empty wallet and stocked tank

couldn't have said it better myself! :P

As far as the hydor goes, I had one on my 14g and i liked the movement it created. I might bunp up the koralia to a 1 instead of the nano for more. Thanks for the advice tho! it's always welcome. :) I think i'm going to get another powerstrip and timers just for the flow in the display and create some random movement. I really want this thing to get some attention before summer is up.

Thought i'd add some more pics while i was on here tonight. Took some after I fed so everyone was open and fat. Still a little sparse, but i'm working on that slowly ;) you can really see the growth in the mushies and the green/red zoos.

FTS

DSCN0959.jpg

growth of the original zoas and open sun coral

DSCN0951.jpg

new Zoanthid frags - blue/purple and bright green and some new mushroom babies!

DSCN0954.jpg

New hammer frag - haven't really decided where i'm going to put it. I think i need to rearrange the rock work to better suit everything. It just kinda looks like a heap....

DSCN0957.jpg

from the side..

DSCN0962.jpg

A higher middle shot..

DSCN0961.jpg

Still not much progress considering how long it's been set up, but i love it! I've done a lot of hardware changes, that's where most of the money has been spent. Can't wait to build it up some more!

just a fun little tidbit... Last night while at Downtown Disney - totally saw.....

icecubemoviessmall.jpg

shopping in the Disney store!!!

look a little closer and you can see the hammer shape on more than a few of the tips

its got some nice color too!

Have you thought about adding a little bit more LR? Especially if you are thinking of moving the rocks around it might be an easy time to do it.

look a little closer and you can see the hammer shape on more than a few of the tips

its got some nice color too!

Have you thought about adding a little bit more LR? Especially if you are thinking of moving the rocks around it might be an easy time to do it.

Yes i have. moved the rocks around a little and with some urging from Caps ;) I put up a WTB thread for live rock. If anyone is getting rid of some or has some for cheap, HIT ME UP!

Rockwork is now more piled, but i created a lot more surface area.

Euphyllia?

:o

Yes?? I <3 Euphyllia! Don't be jealous! haha :P

that is how my frogspawn looked. I never seen hammer with the body of the tentacles so fat.

haha That's how I like 'em!

Went to the Meet 'n Swap held by the SCNRS at a new fish store, Pacific Reef. Got some nice stuff! I'll post some pics when everything settles down a little.

Went to the Meet 'n Swap held by the SCNRS at a new fish store, Pacific Reef. Got some nice stuff! I'll post some pics when everything settles down a little.

chris told me you were the one with the snail shell frag B)

chris told me you were the one with the snail shell frag B)

haha! It would be awesome if some hermit decided to take over that shell!

All righty! Here are some goodies I got at the meet 'n swap!

huge hairy mushroom - he was sooooo pissed when i got it home, haha

DSCN0972.jpg

multiple types of mushrooms

DSCN0973.jpg

Little tiny acan frag - it ate some mysis last night

DSCN0978.jpg

last, but not least: Xenia frag courtesy of Caps!

DSCN0968.jpg

huge rock that all the shrooms came on, awesome cuz i needed to beef up my rock stock. It's got tons of life on it too.

DSCN0975.jpg

FTS just cuz ;)

DSCN0974.jpg

It was really great hanging out and putting faces to names on Sunday!

nice meeting you @ the swap. will let you know about that LR soon.

must be nice having so little topoff. between my 4 tanks and the LR tubs, I do about 5g a week topoff.

nice meeting you @ the swap. will let you know about that LR soon.

must be nice having so little topoff. between my 4 tanks and the LR tubs, I do about 5g a week topoff.

It's a pretty big glass actually, haha.

If you think that rock'll be ok anytime soon, i'll absolutely take it! how many lbs do you think it is?

2 things about the xenia...

1. It's grows faster than a weed. Keep it high or isolated on the sand. I'm warning you.

2. You should dose iodine. I dose one drop of Lugols iodine once a week.

Now you just need to mount some of those frags to your LR and watch them grow.

NanoDay726.jpg

6 months later...

NanoDay0224124.jpg

Thanks Dood for the advice. I plan to keep it on the sand i think. It's just so pretty! i've always liked it. Don't know if i have a test kit for iodine, i'll have to make sure i have one before dosing anything.

Big news for my tank!!! I'm getting a 150W Sunpod from a fellow reefer! I'm so excited! Hopefully i'll get it by this weekend and definitly take some pics!

VannReefer87

tank is lookin pretty solid, it'll be sick with the new sunpod i'm sure...just be sure to acclimated your corals to the huge PAR increase :)

Archived