Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Cali-girl's Biocube29

Cali-girl

Awesome....congrats on the successful move. Everything looks like it has settled back and I'm glad to hear there weren't any loses in the process.

Looking forward to seeing more pics once things clear up more.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweetness! Now you get to play with a new set of mods! Mods are always fun because you can't always have your hands in the water! As I'm sure you know there are loads of mods you can do. One of the most important ones IMO is the pump. Since you have a Korelia it's not too big of a deal but it is nice to have more turn over through the chambers for filtering purposes.

Looks greats so far, keep us posted.

nothing much has changed in the last couple days but just wanted to share, tonight when the lights went off i was checking everything before i went to bed and ...... One of my fish spawned!!! I have no idea which, either the firefish or the clown goby. There's tons of little tiny fish swimming around. very cool!

i've had them for maybe a month..? it's so cool! I'm sad they probly won't last but its still really neat to see. Maybe i'll get lucky and one will survive in the refugium in the 2nd chamber :)

You have one of each of those? Immaculate Conception?

ever1975.jpeg

Yeah, no idea Spanko! I don't even know how long the gestation for fish is....

thanks lilredneckman! :D

I added a frogspawn coral to the tank yesterday and some other stuff. I'll get some pics in a little while. The tank is great, I love it!!

i like the new scape.

are those duncans? or sun? I have a vague memory of you having a sun coral. but if they are duncans I would love to hear more about your experience with them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
purplepeopleeater!

so hows your tank going i would love to see it to be honest it was one of the tanks on this site that really made me want my own

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I'm back!! :D

Haven't been able to be on here that often in the last few months. Finished the hardest semester of school i had ever had in my life!! i had projects up the wazoo every week to finish and studying and writing papers... it was actually a little ridiculous!! But I finished and I completed my BFA Illustration degree!! woo hoo!! :happydance:

If anyone needs any illustration work done, look me up!! :lol:

On to the tank,

Haven't really added anything extra to the Biocube. Just water changes and cleanings. However, I've had great growth with the corals i do have. The torch has fully split, the sun polps are growing, and the mushrooms are dropping new little ones, and the zoas are really spreading over it's rock. I'm really happy with how it's progressing. Little by little for now until i get a job and am able to build it up some more.

currently i have:

torch

hammer

sun polps

watermelon zoas

green mushrooms

maroon clownfish

clown goby - cutest little fish, his goal in life is to dart to as many spots as he can find in a days time :)

firefish

clean up crew consisting of snails, hermits, and crabs

FTS

DSCN0738.jpg

DSCN0741.jpg

DSCN0747.jpg

This guy has the greatest personality!

DSCN0749.jpg

Nice to see you around......way to crank out the semester now its time to enjoy the summer

I've got good news and bad news for ya

bad news...............thats not a hammer

good news....its an octopus frogspawn (octospawn) and around here they go for 3 to 4 times more than a hammer. I actually paid 150$ for mine while I can pick up a hammer for 30 to 40 bucks...score!

I have no idea why i typed a hammer.... :huh:

I knew it was a frogspawn, but that's is great news about the octospawn!! didn't know that part! :D I think i got it for $30, so i guess i got a steal!!

I like the green coraline on the back wall. Different. Looks like it's coming along nicely. Now that your done with school you should check out all your LFS for small frags. All the LFS around here say it's slow in the summer so I seem to get better deals.

Turkey Baster

I really like your rock work; really clean and simple with lots of room for your fish to swim. And you Torch is very nice, I'd like to own one but I don't think I'd like to give up that much space in my tank. Keep up the good work and let us know of any changes.

TB

Great News!!!

I got a JOB! whoo hoo!!!! :happydance:

time to build up the reef! haha seriously though, i'm super excited, it's a sweet administrative position that's 8-5, mon-fri. Couldn't ask for a better schedule!

Dood, i'm gonna take ur advice and look around. there was one store a little ways away that i know has smaller frags for pretty good prices. Maybe when i get my first paycheck i'll treat myself!

nice tank...

I only came into this thread because I thought your name was "Call-Girl"....

*walks away ith head low*

I like to grow corals like some like to grow plants. SPS grows VERY slow but softies and LPS seem to do very well in the tanks with PC lighting. My last grab was 8 frags for $100. I got some palys, zoas, shooms, gorgorgian, and some Acro. Don't be afraid to ask your LFS to cut you a little piece of your favorite specimen. What's the worst that could happen? They say no? BAH, just ask about the next piece.

13angels: he is showing a little dominance toward the firefish when it gets near his rock, but he lets the little clown goby go anywhere it wants to, including his area. At feeding time, no dominance is shown, everyone joins up at the surface and they go to town. I guess it depends on the individual fish. I've heard of some percula clowns being extremely aggressive and taking chunks out of peoples fingers while they're trying to clean the tank.

• 4 weeks later...

just a little update:

Got a couple new frags the other day at a place in Huntington. Always really nice people working in the store and usually have a few good pieces.

I got a colorful Hammer, some bright green zoas, and some really cool blue zoas. Everything for about $40. Gotta clean up the glass a little and then I'll post some pics! ;)

Nice! I was in a LFS today and he said , "check out the new blue zoos!" I did, they were a nice deep blue with a brown skirt. I asked him how much and he said $25 a polyp.!!!!! I about hit the floor laughing. He will have that rock for a long time. There must have been 100 polyps on that rock. If you got the same thing you SCORED!!!

qbical - So far just the stock pump. in the next couple paychecks i'm getting the mj900 to replace the pump in the back and connecting a hydor instead of the lockline. i'm adding another koralia nano as well. Not enough flow for me.

Archived