ReefCleaners.org

Cali-girl's Biocube29

Cali-girl

Thought I'd put up one last FTS of the tank before the move.... :)

Everything was juuuuust waking up this morning so there's not a lot of extension in the corals.

DSCN1433.jpg

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good luck on the move today!

and welcome to farm country!

Welcome to the valley. Let me know if you need the 411 on the LFS's or a tour I can do as well.

Always a piece of cake. ;) Wait, so moving to another place, or tank swapping?? if it's moving to a new place, I wish you luck!! Ironically my recent move 50 miles away faired better than my move a mile away as far as my tanks were concerned... =/

How much duct tape did you use?

I ran out... she has a big mouth... Jk haha :lol: It ended up being me and my sister loading everything up. So no duct tape was needed in this instance.

Everything went really, really well, better than i expected actually. I'm uploading pics as we speak so they'll be in a post below this.

I didn't get started until about 2pm, I'd wanted to do it all earlier but it just didn't happen. I ended up pulling into my parents at about 830pm and had everything set up by about 11. I'm sooooo tired!

All the inhabitants were out and ready to eat this morning. The stupid clownfish went back to guarding it's mushroom and the wrasse got right back to hunting down whatever it is that it finds in the rocks.

gonna upload some pics....

Always a piece of cake. ;) Wait, so moving to another place, or tank swapping?? if it's moving to a new place, I wish you luck!! Ironically my recent move 50 miles away faired better than my move a mile away as far as my tanks were concerned... =/

Moved to another part of the state. No more SCNRS..... well at least for the meets anyway.

first i have to show how packed my poor mustang was. It was sooooo funny! :lol:

If anyone needs to know if a 29g tank, plus stand, plus 15g of saltwater, plus fish and corals, plus boxes of supplies, plus suitcases, plus supplies and fish from a freshwater tank, and one human to drive can fit in a Mustang Coupe?.... YES YOU CAN!!!

DSCN1451.jpg

the "backseat" - the freshwater fish are in the cookie jar wedged inbetween the side and the stand. :lol:

DSCN1449.jpg

passenger seat - tank and corals under the towel, fish in the cooler chillin'

DSCN1448.jpg

pretty good advertising!

DSCN1450.jpg

my nontrunk, the guy on the trunk emergency exit tab always cracks me up..

DSCN1452.jpg

Here's the tank this morning.....

The coraline turned a pastel pink and it's slowly going white.. :(

DSCN1453.jpg

It's new location in the "formal" living room

DSCN1454.jpg

I need opinions on the rocks.... I Just kinda threw them in there but i'm liking the height and crevices it created...

DSCN1455.jpg

from the side cuz i like it.

DSCN1456.jpg

these are some new ones i forgot to put pics up of

DSCN1458.jpg

That's all the pics i could get. I was so tired last night and then had a job interview early this morning and then left to come back down to the OC and help my sister move... my muscles are screaming :angry:

I'll add more next week when i'm back up there for good and have some time to glue stuff down.

Still looks good, Annie!! :) I HATED moving when I moved my two tanks, lol! the 30g move was a nightmare, especially when there was really only 3 of us total to do it. =/ Did I mention it was RAINING the day I moved mine to the new house?? lol!

So where'd you move to, sounds far, central CA somewhere, maybe SD... ;) I suck at guessing. :P

Congrats on the successful move! I like the rocks as well.

I remember when I moved from OC up here I tossed all the rock in fast because I got stuck in LA traffic and it took a lot longer to get here then I had planned, but my rocks work came out great. I deffinately like the look you got going on there and the tank is nice too! :P

Paleoreef103

I like the aquascaping a lot. By the way. I'm trying to figure out what is in the upper right hand corner of your tank. Is it a blue bubble tip? Cause wow if it is...

Well at least that part is over. I do like the way the rocks came out. Well done!!!

Thanks! :)

Welcome to the valley. Let me know if you need the 411 on the LFS's or a tour I can do as well.

Sure! i need to know where i can get saltwater!

Moving tanks sucks.

yes it does, i do not want to do that again any time soon

So where'd you move to, sounds far, central CA somewhere, maybe SD... ;) I suck at guessing. :P

Fresno area... no more orange county.. :(

Congrats on the successful move! I like the rocks as well.

I remember when I moved from OC up here I tossed all the rock in fast because I got stuck in LA traffic and it took a lot longer to get here then I had planned, but my rocks work came out great. I deffinately like the look you got going on there and the tank is nice too! :P

Thanks Pickle!!

I like the aquascaping a lot. By the way. I'm trying to figure out what is in the upper right hand corner of your tank. Is it a blue bubble tip? Cause wow if it is...

it's a pissed off torch coral under a blue light. :)

well done! I can't believe how good the tank looks after the move. Nice work

Thanks! It helped a lot to replace the sand and i was able to give the glass a good scrubbing before it was set back up. I got complete live sand from the LFS down here that they grow mangroves in, It was perfect and added hardly any cloudiness to the water.

I'm soooooooo glad it's over!!!!

I'm glad the move went good. Its always stresfull,for you and your livestock, when you have to move a tank.

And good packing job, did you play alot of tetris?

I'm glad the move went good. Its always stresfull,for you and your livestock, when you have to move a tank.

And good packing job, did you play alot of tetris?

actually ya haha :lol:

when i was in high school i played it all the time! I eventually made myself stop because i started see those stupid shapes everywhere... like the grocery store tiles, when i closed my eyes... ya it was kinda scary. So i stopped cold turkey.

Well needless to say you did a great job moving the tank. It looks great and I do like your rock scaping, it looks really good. Good luck with it!

Bruce

Fresno... Are you going to school up there? I couldn't imagine why you'd move there other than school or work, lol! Good luck though Annie!! :)

Fresno... Are you going to school up there? I couldn't imagine why you'd move there other than school or work, lol! Good luck though Annie!! :)

haha :lol:

I'm moving up there because i'm broke and my parents won"t make me pay rent. I'm done with school and now all my loans are kicking in :bling:

Archived