Coral Vue Hydros

Cali-girl's Biocube29

Cali-girl

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

J-Bass: thanks for the suggestions, i'll see if i can pick up a sixline before i dose stuff....Haven't left yet! haha gotta wait till the lease is up.

lakshwadeep: don't know what the bad flatworms are. these are little yellow ones with the red stripy thing on the end.

DeMartini: Don't have any new pics yet, but i need to do it! i'll try to get some this week maybe.

Acro: Thanks!!

I looked again, and the little spots on the rocks i thought were small coraline are in fact flatworms. They're everywhere! i didn't realize it was this bad. this sucks! :angry:

Here's the nudi I mentioned about:IMAG003.JPG194544.jpg The only place I've seen them for sale locally is at Tong's in FV. Unfortunately, they have flatworms in their coral display tanks. I have no experience with the nudis but then maybe you can be the guinea pig and see if they eat flatworms. ;)

i'm in Orange County, CA! Jeff's Exotic Fish was having a discount today for military. My roommate is military so i used her for the discount. She got to help pick stuff out!! :D

It's almost a month old, but everything was already cycled before it was put in the tank.

Dang lmk when military discount is available again let me join your purchase an ill buy you a frag (im like a mile away from there)! hahaha oh. Im new to sorry am i allowed to play yet? Welcome... B)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

wow, i did not even see there was a new post in this.... haven't updated in a while.

Yes i have a clam in the biocube, HOWEVER Im runnng a Sunpod MH with an open top. so it's working out great!

not much has changed.... everything is exploding in growth which is awesome. got a new SPS frag that i'm hoping will start to take off here soon. The giant hairy mushroom the clown hosted is taking up half the tank, i'm not quite sure what to do about it....

everything else is doing really well!

Good to hear the update, Annie. :) Some good events coming up REAL soon locally.

good to hear it, I was wondering when everyone was gonna do something....

FYI I just got a used Tunze 9002 for $75 including shipping!! :happydance:

Nice smile cali-girl.

Thanks! :blush: it better be! i just shelled out a buttload of money at my dentist!

figured i should post up a semi recent pic...

DSCN1401.jpg

Your fts is one of the nicest I have seen on here. I don't know what equipment you're running or anyhting, as I haven't read your thread yet, but I love the lighting and aquascaping in your tank. I kinda think that two many people focus on equipment, which is one of the most fun parts of the hobby, and they tend to not put much effort into their displays, or they just don't have an artistic eye lol. I like how your light looks relaxing and cool yet it is obviously very bight at the same time, it's a really nice effect. Although I would be scrubbing on that coraline so hard, although I realize that there isn't much you can do about it on black abs plastic. Nice tank overall

Edit: after my double-take I would totally reduce the size of your locline, like take off the ball joints and just have the nozzle, but that is my own personal pet peeve

Your fts is one of the nicest I have seen on here. I don't know what equipment you're running or anyhting, as I haven't read your thread yet, but I love the lighting and aquascaping in your tank. I kinda think that two many people focus on equipment, which is one of the most fun parts of the hobby, and they tend to not put much effort into their displays, or they just don't have an artistic eye lol. I like how your light looks relaxing and cool yet it is obviously very bight at the same time, it's a really nice effect. Although I would be scrubbing on that coraline so hard, although I realize that there isn't much you can do about it on black abs plastic. Nice tank overall

Edit: after my double-take I would totally reduce the size of your locline, like take off the ball joints and just have the nozzle, but that is my own personal pet peeve

WOW! thanks Al! that is an incredible complement! Especially knowing that there are other beautiful displays on this site.

I agree the back where i scraped it is an eyesore. I actually had some algea growing on there that i need to excavate. Just waiting for the coraline to grow back over.

I also agree with the lockline. Haven't wanted to mess with it before, but now that you mention it... hmmm i'll have to pry some off somehow...

I have a really basic system. only upgrades so far in equipment is the lighting. and i have a mini fuge in the back with cheato and an old striplight across the chamber. I'm getting the skimmer next week hopefully. :)

Again thank you for the compliment!

good to hear it, I was wondering when everyone was gonna do something....

FYI I just got a used Tunze 9002 for $75 including shipping!! :happydance:

Great FTS, first and foremost! B)

I got my Tunze 9002 used, but for $90 which was still really a steal, and I love it!! They really are great skimmers and worth every penny, new or used.

MAX is coming up in April, details of it are up on SCNRS and I'm sure there might be some on here too. Then we're having our 2nd annual CDF (Cinco de Frago) event coming up real shortly here in May of course. No announcment of where it'll be at though.

Keep up the great work on your tank!!

Tank is looking good Annie. Are you gonna put a top on it? I put the acrylic one I made back on with a bazillion holes in it for gas exchange and to let the heat out some. Did not see any change in temperature. YEA!!!!!!!! Just got a Bali Tiger Jawfish too. Hopefully now I can keep it from carpet surfing and becoming fish jerky like the Yellow heads I tried with the pond net top.

Your tank looks really nice. I like how you have some nice pieces of corals that are well placed making things look not too crowded but not too empty at the same time. Good job!

Hey Annie, it's Jay! I have not been on here in a while and I was just scrolling the thread starters and noticed your name. It looks like your tank is doing well. That's cool. I don't know how you get the coraline to grow so well. I can't get mine to grow at all. I do have some but it doesn't go nuts. I have good calcium too, weird. I had a mini crash a month or so ago. I got a frag with some Zoapox and it killed most my zoos before I could treat it. But it didn't kill all of them and it's back on the way up. I'm glad to see you are well, take care.

Tank is looking good Annie. Are you gonna put a top on it? I put the acrylic one I made back on with a bazillion holes in it for gas exchange and to let the heat out some. Did not see any change in temperature. YEA!!!!!!!! Just got a Bali Tiger Jawfish too. Hopefully now I can keep it from carpet surfing and becoming fish jerky like the Yellow heads I tried with the pond net top.

Thanks Spanko! I was thinking about a top, I just haven't been able to do anything about it. Im sure it would cut down on my evaporation big time. I'd love to get a jawfish someday. I think it'll have to wait till i can afford a bigger tank tho. Here's to Dreamin'!

Your tank looks really nice. I like how you have some nice pieces of corals that are well placed making things look not too crowded but not too empty at the same time. Good job!

Thanks! I like to space things out and let them fill in themselves. It also helps that i haven't been able to get a lot of new corals! haha I had to make it look like i had more.

Hey Annie, it's Jay! I have not been on here in a while and I was just scrolling the thread starters and noticed your name. It looks like your tank is doing well. That's cool. I don't know how you get the coraline to grow so well. I can't get mine to grow at all. I do have some but it doesn't go nuts. I have good calcium too, weird. I had a mini crash a month or so ago. I got a frag with some Zoapox and it killed most my zoos before I could treat it. But it didn't kill all of them and it's back on the way up. I'm glad to see you are well, take care.

Long time no "see"?? haha I don't know how I get the coraline to grow either. I just let it do it's thing. Maybe it's because i don't have a lot of corals that require large amounts of calcium? I don't know. I've picked up a few peices of SPS tho the last couple weeks. I'll post some pics! Sorry about your zoos :huh: That sucks! If you need any frags, I might have some that are free floating right now. Got them from Tudizzle! Hope your tank is doing well too!

• 4 weeks later...
funny_0018_moving_tip.jpg

For the aquascape frusturation

funny_0017_moving_tip.jpg

Drive fast, temps are dropping

overloaded-car.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: I totally just burst out laughing in my office! I want to drive that truck! and i was so looking forward to duct taping my roommates mouth shut.... oh well..

I was going to come on here and post about moving, but you did it so much better than i could have ever written up! :lol:

Thanks for the vote of confidence and I'll be sure to post picks of the "after"

I've seen one of those crazy Budget trucks around before!! :lol: Funny stuff indeed!!

How's the magnets working out, Annie? B)

I've seen one of those crazy Budget trucks around before!! :lol: Funny stuff indeed!!

How's the magnets working out, Annie? B)

Haven't put them on yet. I figured i would wait till I moved everything and while setting it back up i'll attach the magnets.

Tomorrow's the big day.... :scarry:

getting all my stuff ready - got another bag of sand to switch out, 15g of extra saltwater, a cement-like solution to attach the corals, a new bag of chemi-pure...

Got the supplies all boxed up, now all i have to do is get the cooler ready and the containers.

Piece of cake!? ya right!

Archived