Cultivated Reef

Cali-girl's Biocube29

Cali-girl

eek!! Well can't argue with that one though, free rent FTW! :) But you're so far now.... :tears:

ya and as of yet jobless... AGH! can i even tell you about the horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach right now? ya.....

Anyway, we're packing up the rest of the apartment stuff and i'll be up there for good on friday night. then it's on the job hunt!

Looks like you had a good move.

Congrats on being done with school!

Thanks! i miss being in school tho. It's weird, you can't wait to be done with homework and stressing over test or finals and then when ur done, you wanna go back!! haha

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stories like yours makes me a little less worried about my 34g move in a few weeks (thank god its only 5 miles away) but I just feel that ill never get the rockwork how i like it ever again well your tank looks better than before so hopefully it works that way for me!

nice tank!

Stories like yours makes me a little less worried about my 34g move in a few weeks (thank god its only 5 miles away) but I just feel that ill never get the rockwork how i like it ever again well your tank looks better than before so hopefully it works that way for me!

nice tank!

You'll be fine! ;) Just get everything ready ahead of time so you minimize the stress for everything. Break down, move, and set right back up.

slippy steve

I have to move everything in my place including the tank into a Uhaul and drive 5 hours...I am soo stressed about it.

anyways, tank looks good.

You'll be fine! ;) Just get everything ready ahead of time so you minimize the stress for everything. Break down, move, and set right back up.

thanks=)

Nice job! I feel ya on the joblessness and brokeness and having to move back to the parents place for free rent and food, thats my situation too, but im still in so cal! :P . anyways, i drove my 14g from ohio to so cal. i threw all the live rock into a styrofoam container with wet towels over them, filled a 5 gal bucket with saltwater and threw all the inverts in there with a bubbler, covered the purple algae in the tank with a towel and drove! i boarded all my fish and coral at phishy business and had them overnight it to me 3 weeks later. i lost one snail in the move =(

FiRsT-aNd-LaSt

The tank is looking nice, great job for a move, I just moved last month from Clovis, now in Prescott, AZ, but I got rid of most of my stuff before I came out so my move wasn't to bad.

Monster.com FTW!!! Good luck Annie! :) Still visit SCNRS online though, ok? hehe!! You're still So. Cali, we'll claim central CA since they are technically So. Cali too!! :lol:

Monster.com FTW!!! Good luck Annie! :) Still visit SCNRS online though, ok? hehe!! You're still So. Cali, we'll claim central CA since they are technically So. Cali too!! :lol:

I promise!! although i do take bribes in the form of frags... :P;)

Careful, I might take you up on that! ;)

Anytime! haha I need to start swapping stuff out too, if there's anything you want, lemme know!

I moved a 30 gallon tank from va to co. Bought a power inverter and had a full on running tank in the back of my suv. Something is not right when you hear a working fish tank and your driving haha.

I moved a 30 gallon tank from va to co. Bought a power inverter and had a full on running tank in the back of my suv. Something is not right when you hear a working fish tank and your driving haha.

LOL, that's awesome though! For that distance there's really no other choice! I my most recent love, I transported my fish via an Igloo Playmate ice-chest. I threw in a large piece of rock that wasn't going to move around, so they'd have somewhere safe to hide incase they felt so inclined to. It was only an hour car ride though.

I moved my tank twice, always an adventure, u did a great job. I drove mine around for an our. The coral's seemed 2 like the wavebox-effect of me driving. :)

Rockwork is nice CG!

• 1 month later...
akabryanhall

Tank looks sweet!! I just did a move too, down the street but still, nothin died! Anyway keep on keepin on.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

Haven't posted lately, been super busy. The tank is still going and strong. I've had some problems regulating temps since the move to hotter weather but I think I've got it under control at this point. Anytime the lights are on, an extra fan comes on too. So no matter what the temp is outside it works well enough so it stays within the right range.

I also have come to the realization that i had to break down and get my own RO/DI system. Living in Orange County it was super easy for me to just go down the street and fill up at one of the 3 LFS nearby. Well here the closest LFS is about 30-40 min away. For the amount of water I need and the gas to get there, it just wasn't worth it. So long story short - I ordered an 100gpd system and am in wait of its arrival.

Once it gets here I should be able to keep everything stable as possible. Because of the lack of available water I previously only turned on the fan when absolutely necessary which led to irregular evaporation. The heat when I didn't expect it led to break outs of cyano and hair algae. I thought I had it all taken care of with some extra CUC but the next heat wave brought it right back. Which means no pics for a while!! haha it's embarrassing to show the ickyness of it right now.

Anyway, hopefully i'll be able to bring it back to gloriousness pretty soon and when that happens, pics will follow ;)

Saddleback College has a marine science program. Are they on of the colleges that hand out free filtered seawater?

hmmm not sure. I don't live down there anymore tho ;)

Oh sorry. But you are still a California girl yes?? Are you close to any of the universities? It would be worth it to check on the availability of FREE filtered natural seawater. I can't remember which college it was that one of the members was talking about, maybe somewhere around San Fransisco, that was letting people bring in a container and supplying the water.

Oh sorry. But you are still a California girl yes?? Are you close to any of the universities? It would be worth it to check on the availability of FREE filtered natural seawater. I can't remember which college it was that one of the members was talking about, maybe somewhere around San Fransisco, that was letting people bring in a container and supplying the water.

I believe SF state does.

Still a California girl!! haha but I moved to the Central Valley. In the middle of no where! Thanks for the info tho, I'm sure other people will be able to benefit from it :)

Archived