SaltCritters.com

Cali-girl's Biocube29

Cali-girl

"COMMENT REMOVED" apparently I'm a creep.

Nice BC. Seeing other people's just makes me more and more impatient to get mine going. But last thing I wanna do is rush it.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now why would you post a clip from your typical Saturday night?

Ok, stop polluting this thread. I don't want the mods locking it down.

Tudizzle: i wasn't sure what kind of aglae that was. I completely for got to ask. thanks for the heads-up!

c est ma: thanks for the kind words :happy: i always love your feedback. you make me feel good about how and what i've done on the tank.

guys im super stoked!!!! :happydance:

we had a roommate gift exchange tonight and i got a 60$ gift card to Jeff's exotic fish!!! i'm soooooooooo excited! i'm going to go on friday evening or saturday and get some stuff while they still have the christmas discount going on. YAY!! just wanted to share!!! :D

we had a roommate gift exchange tonight and i got a 60$ gift card to Jeff's exotic fish!!! i'm soooooooooo excited! i'm going to go on friday evening or saturday and get some stuff while they still have the christmas discount going on. YAY!! just wanted to share!!! :D

what a cool present! post pix of what you bring back =)

Nice. Post pics of the new friends you buy. I'm expecting about $300 in gift cards to the local Big Al's. hehe, Dropping hints for a while. Anyhoo, any idea as to what you might be getting?

yup that's the one, off of Harbor Blvd.

i'm thinking maybe some sun polyps, bubble coral, frogspawn, maybe one more bright mushroom, if they have a saddleback clown in i want to get one of those, i don't know, i guess it depends on what they have and what i think would put colors in my tank.

in other news, both my hermit and peppermint shrimp have molted. it's pretty freaky the first time you see something like that, altough it's very interesting! I'm finally seeing coralline popping up on my powerheads and rock! yaya :D I've got this really cool spotting of this deep red velvety type that's beautiful on my rocks.

i'll def post pics for everyone when i get my new stuff! i'm sooooooo excited!!! haha :lol:

i'm thinking maybe some sun polyps, bubble coral, frogspawn, maybe one more bright mushroom, if they have a saddleback clown in i want to get one of those, i don't know, i guess it depends on what they have and what i think would put colors in my tank.

in other news, both my hermit and peppermint shrimp have molted. it's pretty freaky the first time you see something like that, altough it's very interesting! I'm finally seeing coralline popping up on my powerheads and rock! yaya :D I've got this really cool spotting of this deep red velvety type that's beautiful on my rocks.

i'll def post pics for everyone when i get my new stuff! i'm sooooooo excited!!! haha :lol:

is that Oscar's Exotic Fish? if so...that damn place is never open when i swing by. ugh.

• 2 weeks later...

SO what did ya get???

Ok, im back! :D Haven't logged on in a while! happy new year to everyone!!!!

well, i've had a sad setback in the tank since i last logged on. I went down to san diego for about a week and didn't leave detailed enough instructions for my sister on how to take care of the tank. when i got back the salinity in the tank was through the roof - as in off the scale. :o As a result, i lost my clownfish, my hermit, and my peppermint shrimp. The corals are all doing well, and the snails and my goby all made it and are doing great.

I'm so irritated at myself for not leaving the right instructions. It was my fault. My sister had no idea she was supposed to top off the tank everyday and she felt really bad when i got back and my stuff was dead. So... the moral of the story - Make sure you have every instruction written out before you leave for the person whose watching your tank! it might be a good idea to just have them on file all the time.

Anyway, that's the update. I'll get some pics for you and post 'em. I ended up getting some whamin' watermelon's and a really nice orange and yellow sun coral. The red seaweed/algae stuff as grown like crazy! oh and my coraline algae has exploded!

It's almost impossible to not have somthing die when one goes on vacation. It was a torch for me over thanksgiving :tears: Any ideas on what your going to restock with?

-pinner

Pinner - last night i went and got 3 small red hermits and an absolutely gorgeous perc. I couldn't not have a fish in there. ;) it's part of the beauty. This fish is so orangish red that it looks like it's on fire! don't know yet if the personality is as good as my other one, but it adds so much color to the tank.

i didn't lose any corals so that's good. the sun coral was a little pissed, but it's recovered and it all fed last night. just got to save up money to buy more!! :D

Installing an ATO has made maintaining my tank soo much easier...well worth the 75$ I spent.

Makes going on vacation almost fool proof. All someone has to do is swap out the filter and feed a pinch of food every 3 days or so. Kinda hard to mess that up.

Sorry to hear about the losses, but it made room for your new perc!

Lets see a pic of your suncoral when you get a chance.

Hi. I have a BioCube 14 as well. I just recently installed the nanocustoms lighting upgrade to the tank. I was scared to do it at first, but it is actually quite easy. I now have an extra light, upgraded fans, and ballast, and an adapter to control the speed of the fans. I just thought I would mention this as a mod so that if you ever wanted better lighting for different corals you could have this option.

It has been fun reading about your tank. I wish I would have logged all of the things I have done along the way. My tank will celebrate its first birthday at the end of Feb. I can't seem to get my rics to stay put and I need to remove some wayward xenia. I have taken everything real slowly but it seems when things need to be done it appears so suddenly.

Best of luck!

This fish is so orangish red that it looks like it's on fire! don't know yet if the personality is as good as my other one, but it adds so much color to the tank.

It's one thing to say youv'e got a nice clown butttt... We need pics :lol:

-pinner

ok here ya go!

disclaimer: these are crappy washed out photos taken from my laptop. They are taken backwards because of the way the camera is set up.

I reworked the rock. I like how this goes all the way up to the top of the tank

MyPicture.jpg

Here's my little clownfish - Rusoe

Photo62.jpg

Tudizzle wanted a shot of my sun coral, couldn't get them when they were open (disregard all the crap sitting next to the tank, i forgot to move it)

Photo61.jpg

here's another FTS

Photo63.jpg

hope you guys like what i've done so far.

Pinner - I actually did get the upgrade a few months ago. I guess i forgot to mention it in my posts, oops!

I do like the way it looks. have any pics of your tank????

Archived