SaltCritters.com

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

Copy and paste this into your signature

[quote name='Nosey' date='Jan 26 2009, 02:25 PM' post='2029263']I love your Hammer Stevie[/quote]

thank you.. now care to TELL me how you did it? hahahah how did you capture that code?

"teach a man to fish" and all that hoodad. ya know?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mer you don't need to do that!

uh oh.. Nosey.. totally not doing it to poke fun at you. just LOVE The quote.. ive been seeing everyone putting other peoples funny saying from their threads into their sig.. and ive been waiting for one worthy and felt like yours was well.. really funny..

if you are offended. i'll take it down.....let me know.

thank you.. now care to TELL me how you did it? hahahah how did you capture that code?

"teach a man to fish" and all that hoodad. ya know?

I went to his post, hit reply, as I just did with yours. Then copied the info with all the date stamp etc, took out the stuff you didn't need.

Then just paste it into yoru sig.

But to show you I did as above

then wrapped it in

tags by highlighting it and using this button 

make sure you are using the enritched text in your control pannel. This allows you to use such funchtions as ctrl + B right when typing like [b]this[/b] , just like on MS word.

I love the quote, I vote keep it.

So Stevie. how do you like the shimmer effect. Personally mh is so much better looking than t5s because of the shimmer.

oh my, that was the first thing I noticed. I only saw it for 2 hours today but it was wonderful. Definitely one of those should have done it sooner thing. It is so much different and in a good way. I am glad I waited though, it proved what can be done under the stock lighting and I didn't really have the cash until now. I actually think I can write some of this light off on my taxes, hahahaha fun

If you want to get a really nice constant "shimmer", point one of the powerheads on the left of tank UP and TOWARDS THE CENTER.

Glad to see that you are enjoying the upgrade to MH.

omFG!!! i thought ur tank was bada$$ b4! now its just.....WOW! great choice on switching the lighting! everything looks amazing! it just pops right out at ya!!! good job bud!!!

Thanks. I am ready for this bulb to burn in and see what it really looks like. It is hard to shoot such bright light but the pics turned out pretty good. Time needs to go by faster, this acclimation process is going to suck.

i could only imagine how its gonna look after burn in! n yes those pics look awesome!! i think acclimation, is one of the suckiest parts of this hobby!! :D good luck!!

INDEX to my tank:

1. Set up and beginning stages of my tank

2. JBJ auto top off - general guide with custom Mag Float Mount

3. Yellow watchman goby introduced

4. Turbo snail rotating deflector video

5. GSP and star fish introduced

6. Upgraded stock fans install

7. Orange Monti, purple firefish, November Update

8. Crab mowing the grass in my GSP pictures

9. December updates

10. Leather coral added

11. Stock skimmer cup holes drilled mod

12. Changing chemi-pure out of chamber of death

13. Tube mod to stock skimmer to try to get better foam fraction - FAILED

14. Birdsnest and acro additions

15. SPS growth from Sept 2007 - Feb 2008

16. Tunze 9002 added and magnetic mount mod !!!!

17. Back view of tank

18. Arrangement of rear chambers before adding media rack and after adding the Tunze 9002

19. Clam added

20. March updates with top down pictures

21. Office views with April 2008 update

22. Nightime views and Video of tank V1.1 first one

23. How to glue thread

24. Salt results for major brands

26. Media rack build thread after adding the Tunze 9002

27. Koralia power cord routing and discussion on extra powerstrip

28. May 2nd Update with Pictures and Timelapse Video

29. More May 2nd and Starfish/Camera discussion

30. New RSM tanks released, discussion on pros and cons

31. June Update with pictures

32. Basic list of what is needed to set up a RSM, Q&A from member

33. Hitchhiker crab found, Underwater pictures

34. How to mount the Hydro Rotating defelctor to the bulkhead

35. One year ANNIVERSARY update, month by month shots of my tank

36. MEGA photo update, October 2008

37. How I started, Timeline of my first tank, before I found N-R. Don't laugh ;)

38. Changing of the Koralia pump

39. Giving my Pajama Cardinal CPR

40. New fish and coral addition

41. Mandarin Added, pictures

42. January photo update

43. VIDEO update. Video tour of my reef, includes underwater video

44. VIDEO, Mandarin eating frozen food

45. LET THERE BE LIGHT! New MH light added January 26, 2009

:welcome: to my Reef!

That is the BEST build journal I have ever seen! :bowdown:

Setting your heater at 73° will not make your tank 73° with the lights on :P:lol::D:flower:

:P My Stealth is set on 79 and installed the cooling fan to keep things more constant. I am WAY smarter now, hehe! :P

P.S.- WOWWWSSSS on the new light!!! B)

P.S.S.- More Mandarin pics!!! :wub:

P.S.S.S.- I am trying to find Christel's thread on feeding/training Mandarin's...not getting one anytime soon, but am interested in learning more about them... Do you have the link? I didn't see it anywhere under the fish care...thanks!

Congrats Buddy!

Looks sweet sitting up there. The black box should trim it out well.

So, how bad is the glare sitting at your desk? B) B)

Its kind of funny, I decided on the Max partly because you showed how much could be kept under the stock lighting....

Now you do this. :P

I totally understand it though. I have MH on my 46 and you just cannot beat that shimmer huh?

I hope all acclimates well for ya bud. Best of luck with it.

The light does not bother my view what so ever from the desk. That worked out nicely.

Actinics will be off soon, LEDs on in 1/2 hr. I will try and get some night shots toinight between production.

I hate you just when i thought i was satisfied with my tank you go and do this now im going crazy thinking about how good it looks with the halide now i know im gonna have to get one !!YOU SUCK!! :P

Nice lights,my tank can't be upgraded with that hood,because there is allot of dust floating around in my room,i also have 2 birds in there so if it's open allot of nasty stuff will fall in the tank.

Thanks Stevie :flower: Lots of reading to do!!!

BTW: What do you have for your CUC nowadays? I know I need to add a few more critters and was trying to get ideas. Right now I have a scarlet reef crab, 4 turbans, 1 cerith, 1 emerald crab and like 10 blue leg hermits. Still have some hair algae, especially on my sand bed I would like to get rid of and am trying to get ideas for the most effective additions. :rolleyes: Ideas?

CUC, I have no idea. I haven't added anything since I set up the tank

3-4 turbos

asteria snails (i think)

a bunch of nas. snails I never see

Blue legged hermits

Brown hermits, no fancy name that I know of

Peppermint shrimp

Starfish (not recommended)

my hands

Crazy evil crab that I didn't add myself

I hate you just when i thought i was satisfied with my tank you go and do this now im going crazy thinking about how good it looks with the halide now i know im gonna have to get one !!YOU SUCK!! :P

There are other RSM out there that have had this light a lot longer. So they suck too cause they made me do it. So get the light and stop your #####ing, too bad they are so spendy, I waited a long time to get this light.

Nice lights,my tank can't be upgraded with that hood,because there is allot of dust floating around in my room,i also have 2 birds in there so if it's open allot of nasty stuff will fall in the tank.

Stock hood is fine, lights are bright enough for some SPS on the top. haha it wouldnt' be a good idea with the birds! mmmmm lunch

It is kind of hard for them to do so, there is a lip around the entire molding of the tank. I don't see any other MH RSMs with any guards, my clown stays down in the tank, don't really have any other kind of jumping fish.

Didn't know having a lip prevented fish from jumping?...Kinda makes some sense though and now I'm really glad I have a lip on my tank....

I can see it better than say a piece of acrylic or glass that has no molding, or just straight molding. It keeps the snails in the tank as well. I can see fish going against the glass then sliding out from the force of swimng. This molding lip prevents that from occuring.

This is all theory really, I can't 100% say that fish will not jump out, I suppose if they got the speed it can happen. But Reefmack, Hazmat and other have not had any jumpers with the MH light on the tank.

Night Pictures

I need to put the LEDs on a shorter time frame, and split up the white and blues. They are pretty bright overall, but man what a shimmer effect they pack.

Some may look brighter than in real life, I played with 1-10 second shutter openings.

IMG_9014.jpg

Both

IMG_9016.jpg

Blue Only

IMG_9017.jpg

Blue Long shutter

IMG_9018.jpg

IMG_9020.jpg

IMG_9021.jpg

IMG_9022.jpg

IMG_9024.jpg

IMG_9025.jpg