Coral Vue Hydros

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
are you gona put it in a new office? or at a house. family?

The tank would be set up in my new office, no way do I want it in an appartment or house. It is the OfficeMax and it needs to stay that way.

I am nervous about it being in this new office with an open top. Here it is basically just me, there is 15+ people, some of them dirty mechanics and curious paper pushers.

I am nervous about it being in this new office with an open top. Here it is basically just me, there is 15+ people, some of them dirty mechanics and curious paper pushers.

you should keep it closed to for now. and if it just ends up staying that way sell the lights for what you paied for them.... or start the oficecube and get a biocube

Or just fire anyone that ####es with the tank

I happen to know the boss pretty well :happy:

i take it ur the boss........... no maby not cuz then you wouldent be moving the ofice

if you fire them youll save the company $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

why did it post 2 times....

i take it ur the boss........... no maby not cuz then you wouldent be moving the ofice

Big boss = my father. Another reason it is hard to make a decision to go work up there for him and be around my coworkers as "daddys boy" I do it down here fine but I don't see him that much through work.

We have two office areas in the building, there is one that is much safer and that is the spot it will most likely go into.

Vote = fire them.

point taken!

why did it post 2 times....

depends on the person

depends on the person

head on

apply directly to the head

head on

apply directly to the head

I know what you mean with keeping it with an open top. I have about 20+ agents that comes in and out everyday, plus the appraisers, and account executives, and clients usually with their children. We average to maybe 10-20 human traffic on a daily basis. After my buddy's 5 year old son dumped a full plate of chocolate cake in his tank a few moths ago, I'm really looking into having a lid for the RSM after adding the the MHs with an option of a chiller.

I know what you mean with keeping it with an open top. I have about 20+ agents that comes in and out everyday, plus the appraisers, and account executives, and clients usually with their children. We average to maybe 10-20 human traffic on a daily basis. After my buddy's 5 year old son dumped a full plate of chocolate cake in his tank a few moths ago, I'm really looking into having a lid for the RSM after adding the the MHs with an option of a chiller.

Defiantly going to need a chiller with a lid. Also watch gas exchange as a lid can impede that.

LOL

Received this after I finally was able to register my tank. I figured I would share, no offense Red Sea Steve, but come one, I talk to hundreds of RSM owners and every single one says your test kits are JUNK and your heater is a joke.

Dear Steve,

Many thanks for purchasing a Red Sea Max, and for registering with us.

I note your comment about the MAX starter kit.

Some years ago we completely revised our test kit range to ensure they met the expectations of modern reef-keepers. I was therefore disappointed that you feel they are inaccurate. We monitor the quality control of the tests very closely and as far as I am aware each test falls well within the parameters set by other tests such as Salifert etc.

If you feel one or more of the tests is not accurate then we would be happy to test them for you. With regards to the heater, it is a standard bimetallic unit but should not fluctuate significantly and I have passed your comments back to our r&d department. Please be assured that we take your comments seriously.

Kind regards

Mr. Red Sea:

Tested on Fresh RO/DI water :

IMG_2087.jpg

IMG_2088.jpg

I don't see yellow !!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Red Sea States:

"You sir, have insulted my dignity!"

"I challenge you to a dual!"

"Pistols at dawn!!"

On a side note, when can we expect to see your RSM 250?

Steve - knowing what you know now, if you had to do it all over again, what would you do different in setting up your tank? RSM or something different? Start with MH out of the gate? Bigger...smaller?

Good question.

No, I really don't think so. I really do like this tank, the lighting is very powerful. I would have replaced the skimmer sooner and replaced the heater right away. Other than that it is a good tank. I am replacing the lighting to give myself more options and just because the overall look will be amazing.

The tank looks great. I suppose my next tank will be something more custom. If I were to do it again I would buy used, then upgrade from there, save on the overall cost.

no, I went with a stealth. I should do a new diagram becuase that one is pre media basket.

The stealth has been perfect

no, I went with a stealth. I should do a new diagram becuase that one is pre media basket.

The stealth has been perfect

Stealth 100 or 150? Forget the diagram....write a "How-To-RSM" book.

Archived