SaltCritters.com

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

CarterNichols
it is. But it is my freshwater tank that I never see excpt for when I get home at 10pm. If it were my saltwater, I would be all over the place trying to get it in sooner. I will post pics when I get it done, the purigen is really soaking up this brown acid junk.

nice sig!

thanks man, I noticed you changed yours as well.. ;) very nice!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great video bro!

Did you see the last comment some ass posted! omgomgomg

"gay"

it wasn't even orginal or funny. Step up the game crazy youtube commenters

the other one was getting old. back to the water theme.

Hate to break it to you Stevie, but your mandarins a dude.

OH NOES omgomgomg

haha, I always just assume they are female to start with. So what makes it a guy?

Good thing I didn't name

What are your tips for taking care of Mandarins? :)

mature tank

mature owner

stick it in a breeder box and make it eat frozen

Wowwww :wub: Thanks for posting the new pics!!! She...I mean HE is lovely!!!

I was at Mr. Coral this weekend getting a few new frags (love that place)!!! Awesome to actually be local...anyway...he had a few Mandarins that looked great-he feeds Rod's too! When I went to Rod's site and put in our zip his place didn't come up, but when I was there I saw pamphlets for it so I told him! I am getting some at my next visit!

Which type do you feed? Coral blend? Thanks!

Thanks Alicia-

"He" loves Rods food. I use the coral blend, the one in the orange pacakge, the original kind. I see that Mr. Rod now has other blends. He is local to me, started out of a garage in Chicago, it spread nationwide since it is pure awesome, and lasts a long time.

rods-food.jpg

Set up the new filter last night. The pump is making so much noise. A small piece of plastic that holds the adjustment rod for the surface skimmer was busted.

They are sending out a new unit, this one better be quiet or it is going back all togehter. The tank is in my living room and any noise makes me :angry: . My fluvals are whisper quiet, that or I put the new filter on a timer.

Good news, the driftwood is almost done, very light color in the bucket today, was chaning it twice a day. I would say one or two more days and it will be good to go, purigen soaked up most of the junk.

CarterNichols
Set up the new filter last night. The pump is making so much noise. A small piece of plastic that holds the adjustment rod for the surface skimmer was busted.

They are sending out a new unit, this one better be quiet or it is going back all togehter. The tank is in my living room and any noise makes me :angry: . My fluvals are whisper quiet, that or I put the new filter on a timer.

Good news, the driftwood is almost done, very light color in the bucket today, was chaning it twice a day. I would say one or two more days and it will be good to go, purigen soaked up most of the junk.

Thats good, sorry to hear about the filter... if only they made things that worked out of the box.. :rolleyes:

purigen does work wonders, that wood is going to look great...

just out of curiosity, do you have any saltwater tanks at home or just the office max?

Hey StevieT I was just wondering what type of shrimp do you have in your tank?

:welcome:

It is a peppermint shrimp

Thats good, sorry to hear about the filter... if only they made things that worked out of the box.. :rolleyes:

purigen does work wonders, that wood is going to look great...

just out of curiosity, do you have any saltwater tanks at home or just the office max?

Nope, just the freshwater tank at home. I am never there so I can't care for one at home or would enjoy it. I have thought about it but it would be stupid. Just the officemax is set up as a saltwater tank, enough for me right now.

New filter should be here tomorrow if they shipped it today, I have never liked the HOB, some do make noise.

CarterNichols
Nope, just the freshwater tank at home. I am never there so I can't care for one at home or would enjoy it.

Well if Nano-Reef.com wasn't your second job you might have more time to spend at home :lol:

CarterNichols
no kidding right. I love it though, it is fun to create all of these products that help the AIO tanks.

I'm tellin' you man, patent, sell, cha-ching, relax... in that order.

Patents are funny. I am talking them over with a lawyer right now. The LLC is the most important step first. Then possibly a patent. The limitation are key, like if you change one thing then it is a new product and my patent would be useless. Plus the fact they take about 2 years to complete since they research very deep into their database.

I am still strongly considering it and I want to shell out the 5K.

Archived