Pod Your Reef

Diggman's BC29 journal (currently out of commision)

diggman08

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think when i move my tank, when i move.. im going to go with all BLACK SAND!!.. for some reason i just love the way it looks, its very seductable.

digg, would u be able to post a few pictures of the overall tank/stand/light from the front and sides ect. my other half is still on the fence as she currently loves the look of it with the hood.. so alittle help might go a long way eh buddy? lol :)

lol noob, yeah ill get ya some pics up haha.. :) tell her youll do the dishes & laundry for a week :rolleyes:

sadly... i believe i do them more then she does.. haha. but it all comes down to has more free time.. besides. i dont think the public would like it if i went to walmart wearing just my dc shoes. hah.

fed my corals today for the first time... it quit the way i wanted... i think i may have overfed... i used a turkey baster and mixed all my foods together with a lil tank water, then sucked up some.. and sprayed the corals,, they defintely loved it... its pretty cool to watch too.. but there was alot extra in the tank that never got touched.... but now i know the next time i will be more precise with the feeding.

I wouldn't worry about feeding too much since you have some good mechanical and biological filtration....but you don't want to do it too often of course. You know this though :) Whenever I would feed my candy canes and acans, I would just use a little food "juice" to get the feeders out and then just add a couple of mysis shrimp at a time. I think it works better than just spraying it all over them. I never did use a mixture because I just thought it was WAY too cool watching them pull in the shrimp.

I love the way they look after you feed them....nice and big and happy.

You need to get some feeding pics.

I always do my water change the day after a feeding that way I don't have to worry about any leftovers causing a spike. Although you are probably fine with all the filtration like dive said.

I turn off the both pumps first when feeding, and then after about twenty minutes I turn on the Koralia so that the food circulates around the tank and everybody can grab some if they want. Then after another 20 I turn the return pump back on to help filter out any extra food. And then the next day I do my water change just to ease my mind.

thanks guys.. i wont have time to water change till monday though.... i cleaned my filters alread though so i should be fine.. im only going to feed them like 3 times a month.

i know i will get one up soon.. as the ones for NOOB.. got my red monit in today from Forrest.. nice shipping, i have it just rubberbanded in a perfect spot right now,, i need to get some more loctite gel, then ill glue down..

Hey digg. Nice looking setupo. Im onboard with the BC29 as well with some minor mods. You have a full tank shot by chance? I would like to show my girl what we can look forward to in a few months :happy:

ok guys i finally got yall some pics.. geez pushy..lol..j/k here you go

These are two FTS at slightly different angles

DSC00847.jpg

DSC00848.jpg

New Red Montipora from Forrest.. man this thing glows AWSOME at night..

DSC00857.jpg

and for you NOOB hopefully this pic will be convincing..hehe

DSC00856.jpg

o and i also want to inform any of you guys looking for a Nintendo WII, i just posted one in classifieds with games and more.. for a really good deeal.. check it out

That new monti looks great Digg. I absolutely love those acans on the bottom left of the tank...that ice blue color looks great in there.

Cool shots.

I like how the hammer is nestled in the rockwork. Did the lashes ever fully extend on those palys?

I also like how the open brain looks like a mirror image of itself.

Good looking tank, expecially with all the purple coraline everywhere!

thanks everybody for the kind words.. i still am freehandin my shots so the clarity of the pics are just gonna be soso until i can get a tripod... i cant wait for everything to start growning in.

Tudd the hammer is in a perfect spot, hes getting lots of light up there.. the lashes on the paly seem to be gettting a lil longer.. as soon as i get some freakin free time, i promise i will square off witht you.... howz a bright iradecent shroom sound??

No worries mate, like I said before I was never expecting anything.

I also have like 4 of those thermos so it's no big deal. I know you are a hard working man and whenever you get around to it is cool. Whatever and whenever is fine with me.

Archived