Cultivated Reef

Diggman's BC29 journal (currently out of commision)

diggman08

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks great Digg. I hope you have some awesome success with it. We are contemplating a purple one down the road, or we may do one in a Seahorse tank we are planning. Our our LFS had 3 of those in the store on Saturday at $99 a piece :o

I have picked up more crap from the LFS (hair algae, bubble algae) just to name a few. Our local store is fintastic, and I think I have bought the last thing I am going to from them. They are really not keeping their tanks as good as I would like to see. You had any of these problems when ordering?

No because most of my orders come from ZOANUTS!! just look at there feedback and that explains it all.... they have the highest of quality shipping and corals...

thanks Dive.. holy crap its already beeen 5 months....geezzz.. this year is flying by...

just this week im having a lil diatom or cyano on the sand bed :( first ive seen since the cycle.. and just a lil spot of hair alga/ quater size on a rock :( its drving my nuts..

I hear ya on time just flying by. I wouldn't worry too much about the cyano or the diatoms....I still get some diatom blooms here and there on my sand bed as well. Just seems like no matter how much I skim, do large water changes, and filter there will always be some spots where the sand won't be white :) If you're as finicky about it as I am, it will always drive you nuts.

I had a small rock that was starting to get some patches of hair algae as well. Luckily it was small enough that it's not in time out on my back porch. It will go back in the tank once it dries out completely :)

How long is the cyano and how big is the patch? I would think it's getting enough flow, right?

yeah its been getting the same flow since the start and never had problems.... u know the other day when i did a water change i mixed my salt water and its was like 1030 and i didnt have anymore RO water so i had to use TAP to bring it down to 1.026.. hmm.. maybe the tap water caused it..

on another not i order a Bag-o-Crap from Zoanuts, so im pretty fired up about getting that in... im sure hell throw in some nice goodies too..

dive..lol.. its really called a bag-o-crap.. idunnoo whats gonna be in it.. its a Special they were running.. they ran out in like 2 hours from all nano-reef members..

carlab.. im in Bay st. louis by the beach... i shop at Delta pet in slidell sometimes.. but the best place around is in Kenner, La - Coral Connection... as a matter a fact i just got back from there.. i got some Sick Red hairy mushroom rocks..one has like 6-8 shrooms, on of the rocks has Red and greenish white Morph colors, but theres only a few of those, i coouldnt pass them though... cant wait to get pics up for you guys...

ok interview is OVEr.. i need a beer..lol.. got my bag0crap in today, and i dont need to preech about zoanuts shipping, you all shoould know by now.. neways, i got some pretty cool lookin paly/zoa fragss.. my hairy shrrooms arent fully open yet from Coral connection either ... im gonna take pics rigth now though..

lol... :P ok geezzz..

red hairys about half way open... shrooms take awhile to acclimate though..illget more pics when they fully open.. i love the rock there on.. its flows perfect with my slope too.

DSC00884.jpg

DSC00882.jpg

these are swweet morphs of the above ones..i couldnt pass em.... they also have like 7 feather dusters on this rock too.. 3 diff types..

DSC00877.jpg

DSC00885.jpg

sorry for the not so great pics( i was rushing because my camera was about to die)

zoanuts pics coming soon! my cameras dead

Nice new additions there Digg. I really like all of the bright red mushies and it looks like you got some great stuff from Zoanuts. I was offline for a day or two and it looks like I missed out on a sweet deal :( Maybe he'll do it again :)

Nice looking addition to your tank, I think you have me sold on buying from Zoanuts.. Those mushrooms look sweet.... Also we all agree nice looking turds

Archived