Innovative Marine Aquariums

Diggman's BC29 journal (currently out of commision)

diggman08

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hope to get a few thoughts form you guys. I've seen alot of good looking tanks on here and hopefully I can get mine looking good soon too. Thanks, Gene

Here's a thought, start your own thread and don't hijack this one.

Then I am sure you will get tons of advice. But it sound like you need to add to your CUC.

Hey Digg let me know when you want to swap some frags. I have a head of the neon tipped hammer, #19 zoa and a blasto head w/ your name on it if interested. I don't have any of those fancy boxes..lol.. but I'm sure I could figure something out.

gheagney,, first things first.. get you a good master test kit, check all your params. and go from there. if you havent done a water change in a while. i suggest doing at least a 30% change for a couple weeks.. you may have high phosphates causing the slime on sandbed. those deep sandbeds can hold some nasty airpockets. . trying getting some chemi-pure elite.. it cleared mine right up.. stick it in chamber 3.... but like i said you need to just test for everything to see where you stand..

Tudd, that sounds good, gimme till next weeek, ive addded a good bit of stuff this week and dont want to put too much stress on the bioload.. . whats the # 19 zoa?

#19 on zoanuts site.

I have plenty of time I just wanted to let you know I fragged a few pieces and since I have been following your tank build and it has helped me with mine I wanted to payback with dividends

well thank you sir.. very kind... ive been following urs also.. one of my favs.. o yeah i remember those #19.. i think going to only keep Palythoas from now on though.... dang zoas frustrate me.. lol

maybe we can work something out in the next few weeks :)

recieved Package from zoanuts today....StoneHenge Acans, Orange crush Acans, and the one only Fire/ice Acan omgomgomg and yes the packaging was perfect, corals are in perfect health as usual , but you already know this.. here are some Teaser pics of the new Aussie Acan beaties. why are they TEASER PICS YOU ASK?? because these were shot only under my LEDS!! no Halides. and look at the colors still..

ill post up the money shots tomorow under the HALIDEs.

Stonehenge

DSC00745.jpg

Fire/ice( these are topnotch, colors are just redicolous)

DSC00748.jpg

Orange crush

DSC00759.jpg

i cant wait to see them tomorw under the HQI,, ( letting them acclimate good today)

i know they want food, i got no food..lol.. pics tomorow will be much clearer by the way...

thanks again Dustin

wow, its really coming along... i just wish i could find a decent place to order from (since im in Canada). Also can i ask, are you home when fedex/usp/usps comes to ur door to get them? if not how have they looked when u ave gone to pick them up?

thanks NOOb.. i like to use DHL for shipping.Fed ex is good too... i just leave them a note and they leave it on my doorstep... i have had 50% luck when using usps shipping.. i wouldnt suggest it.

Sweet new acans man....I'm looking forward to seeing them all lite up as well. I"m not sure if Dustin sold them to you on rock that is of good size or if they are on a frag plug. Either way, I would suggest, after they settle in of course, getting some Aquamend and epoxying them to a larger rock. Just roll out the epoxy and make a donut shape around the frag rock. You're just trying to make a "ramp" of sorts that they will grow over and down onto the rock.

I'm sure you're not at this point but just thought I'd give some advice on a good way to let them grow out and down onto some other rock.

Also, you will find that they are basically ALWAYS hungry for food. I used to spot feed my Cans mysid shrimp about once a week and they went nuts. Just make sure if you get the frozen kind to toss out the thaw water since it will be packed with phosphates.

Sorry for the rambling....enjoy the corals. I might be getting a lobo and some people eater zoas here locally so I will make sure to frag a piece for you if I get it.

thanks guys.. me too.. Dive, im going to put them on some low rocks. i was just leaving in sand so they can acclimate.. and get good pics for you guys :) Im think im gonna feed them a mix of Cyclopeez, DT's oyster eggs, Mysis, and spray em with the turkey baster... and watch em grooooww.

being that im always indesisive,, check back at my FTS and gimme some thoughts on placements for these guys.. thanks

PE's are pretty much the most sought after palys out there.

Hey bud...that sounds like a great mixture to start feeding them with. I'm telling you, they will pretty much eat anything that you drop on their tentacles. I have even feed sinking pellets to them one time.

I am just as indecisive about placement. I find myself always wondering if there isn't a better spot for something.

I hope you don't mind that I copied your pic, but below I circled in yellow some spots that I think might be nice for the acans. They might be a nice start of where to put them since it looks like those areas get some low/med flow and get med. light as well. I would start them low and see how they hold their color. The upper circle would be a prime spot for some SPS (birdsnest, etc.) :)

DSC00730.jpg

thanks dive... thats funny, because that is the exact same spot i was thinking of.. what do you think about the rock on the right, right below the fish that goes towards back of tank?? i was kinda saving for a Frogspawn/torch though... im anxious to try some SPS.. like your yellow w/ purple polyps.... i want to start getting some corals that will fit into my upper rock work and take a lot of Light.. bottom of tank is pretty much fulll...

ok new pics. and these are under full lights.. enjoy,, i finally got a good one of my Nemo..

DSC00783.jpg

Fire/ice

DSC00780.jpg

Stonehenge

DSC00774.jpg

Orange Crush

DSC00776.jpg

full shot of acans

DSC00782.jpg

thanks Tudd and Geo, im tryin... im ready to start seeing things grow in now..

Geo im using a sony T7 :) it works real well. sorry for the acan picks not being as clear as i would like... just couldnt seem to hold it steady this time..

Hey man....I think that rock on the right will work perfect for the acans as well. Like I said, I don't really have any experience with acans and MH so i would assume the best bet would be to start them low and start moving them up if they start losing any of that awesome color.

I would definitely say try and get some of that purple polyp monti from Nano-Paul if he has any to sell. He was great to work with although I know that he's really backed up right now. I am going to be getting a superman monti, green acro, and some orange/green caps once he catches up.

Pics look awesome as well....those acans look really really good. Nice and healthy and already putting their feeders out which means you have them in a good spot. They should end up puffing up even more over the next week.

thanks dive,, i think i will move them onto the rock work thise weekend.. im going to probably glue 2 on the left side, were you circled, and one on the right somewhere.. and will start spot feeding them Monday... Im glad to say that my Daisy polyps are finally attatching to the rock nicely.. already like 20 new baby polyps... also, i cant believe this but my Monti is already starting to join onto the rock against it :) neway my New Green Palys are about opened ...here are some pics... they are not in the full light of MH.. (not fully opened yet)

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00788.jpg

thanks Ness... if anyone is interested i have my brandnew Aquatek Dual cooling fans for sale.. still in box.. i figured id offer it to you BC guys before i put it in classifieds:)

Archived