Top Shelf Aquatics

Diggman's BC29 journal (currently out of commision)

diggman08

be patient..it will come... you might want to clean that drip tray too.. John ever since i started dosing Kent NanoReef 2part , ive had nothing but good things happen... corals are taking off and colors are popping out.. ,coraline algae has taken off..

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey guys,.. just to step away from the reefing for a moment.. CHECK OUT ME BRAND NEW TRUCK!!!!!.. 2007 Toyota Tacoma DC TRD SPORT, loaded out.. factory 20"wheels, Toyo tires, Liquicell leather... ok enough chatter, here some pics.

DSC00609.jpg

DSC00608.jpg

DSC00610.jpg

o and it is verry dirttyyyy.. sorry its tooo hot out to wash right now :(

AWESOME Tacoma bud. I have a Silver Xterra right now but I am probably going to get a Silver Tacoma just like that in a year or so. Sweet ride for sure. Congrats on the new ride.

UPDATE!!. finally got my specific gravity up to 1.025... coraline forming on back wall...YEAHH!!. im cleaning it off though... went to the lfs today,, picked up my first fish.. perc clownfish... hes small but will grow in.... i also picked up some Kent TECH 1..

my clown needs something to host now... i want to get a frogspawn or bright torch coral..

UPDATE!!. finally got my specific gravity up to 1.025... coraline forming on back wall...YEAHH!!. im cleaning it off though... went to the lfs today,, picked up my first fish.. perc clownfish... hes small but will grow in.... i also picked up some Kent TECH 1..

my clown needs something to host now... i want to get a frogspawn or bright torch coral..

Wow!! Nice truck. No more goodies for you!!!

thanks zoanuts. . haha.. come on now,.. im $broke$ now. lol :( whens the site gonna be ready.? how bout a couple preview zoa pics

here is a TERRIBLE PIC of my new little buddy... is he a True or False??

he doesnt seem as bright orange as some :(

DSC00614.jpg

any body got any tips on snapping shots of moving fish..thnks

geez this a crappy pic.. lol.. i might take it off

Congrats on the new clown bud. I guess I didn't realize that this is your first fish so....Congrats. Although corals are simply amazing to have, seeing a happy fish in your tank is right up there. Although the pic is a little on the blurry side (they are really hard to take pics of), it looks like it's a false percula just like my two clowns are. He/she looks nice and healthy.

How has feeding it been going thus far? I know my clowns were really picky at first but now are eating like pigs for sure. I had to crush up flake and soak in Selcon at first for them to bite on it.

As far as getting clear pics, try and get as high of a shutter speed as possible and just take LOTS of pictures. That's one thing that is nice about digital, just fire away and delete later. I would say you will probably get only 1 out of 10 that will turn out. They are quick and tough little buggers to get a clear pic of.

I got two greenish/blue florida rics this morning from the LFS for the sale price of $6 and I'm just going to let them attach to some rock. After that, just pay me shipping and one or two will be in the mail to you :D

Have a good weekend bud.

Adam

he doesnt seem as bright orange as some :(

He should color up once he settles in more...might just be a little stressed still and they usually look darker then...just make sure to feed quality food.

thanks aquaman...

dive,, thanks bud,, yeah i think hes stressed from the more intense light i have.. the light at the lfs was very crappy. i think they were just flouresents(weak)..neways i fed him for the first time today, frozen brine shrimp.. and i tell you what... he tore it up within seconds.. hes defintly a pig :) . how many times a day should i feed him????

dude, awsome deal on the rics,, i bet those colors are swweeett!!..Just lemme know when they attach and when your ready to ship them,..ill be waiting :)

Diggman...

Congrats on the New fish. I have a Pair of True Percs...If you ony have 1 fish I would probably just feed every other day until you get more. make sure you drain the Mysis..it only takes a little bit so try not to over feed. It can mess up your tank and throw of your levels. I did the light upgrade today and love it..I would try and get a few diffrent types of food and rotate them. I feed mine Mysis.Cyclops..Brine as well as Prime reef flakes..they are not picky..they gobble up everything. What other fish do you want ? I have a YWG paired with a Pistol Shrimp..Very cool combo. I also have a Sixline...nice fish and he eats parasites.

I used to feed mine every day in my 55 gallon but to keep nutrients low, I now feed every other day. I feed a mix of Prime Reef flakes that I soak in Selcon every once in a while. Other than that, I have feed frozen foods but you have to make sure to drain the water off after you let the food thaw. There is a lot of phosphate, etc. in the cubes so just use it as a treat instead.

I will let you know when they attach and we can go from there. I saw that Zoanuts is having a deal on shipping again (ask and thou shall receive..I asked :) ) so I will be hopefully getting some zoas in as well. Maybe I could frag something and get it your way as well. I'm sure at some point you'll hit me back up :)

heck yeah dude.. ill defintely hook u up too.. looks like some of my zoas are finally starting to spread... especially the fire/ice...

i went to Coral Connection yesterday... hour drive. but well worth it... i picked up a nice rock with clove daisy polyps on them... and wild caught peppermint shrimp, and some seachem Coral disenfectant for dipps.. ill get some pics up when the cloves open

heres some pics of my new daisy polyps.. (there not fully adjusted to tank yet).. i couldnt wait though..hehe

i got these for $20 bucks..... im lloovin emm..

actinics

DSC00659.jpg

daylights

DSC00666.jpg

dusk/dawn lights

DSC00664.jpg

Awesome pics man....sometimes I do miss not having actinics on the tank :) That's awesome how the middles GLOW like that. I'm sure it adds lots of color to the tank.

I am going to be placing an order with Zoanuts today :) since he's got that nice shipping deal going on. Going to be getting some zoas and a monti frag....can't wait.

thanks dive....they say they spread like weeds.. so when they do ill frag you out a nice piece...i can vouch for zoanuts dude.. everything they have is top quality,, from the corals to the shipping .... im sure youll get some nice freebies too.. im sure youlll get pics up when they come in

Params are looking spot on man....should be getting my shipment from Zoanuts today sometime so hopefully I'll have some pics later.

great i cant wait to see emm..

Nanostmr- thanks, i think i want to get a high red finned goby, maybe a catalina goby, or watchman goby, or purple firefish, not quit sure yet, anybody have any experiece with these guys. how many gobies can you put in bc together??

Archived