inTank Media Baskets

Diggman's BC29 journal (currently out of commision)

diggman08

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
imo save your money and get a skimmer

I agree...unless you're experience some major temperature issues. There are a number of ways of keeping the temp of the tank in check first before popping for the chiller. Unless of course money isn't an issue and then I would say go for it.

Where did you go fishing Diggman.....catch anything?

I am aiming for both. The chiller and skimmer, but I was just thinking, we have a bird and a dog, so my parents are never going to turn off/down the air.

i went fishing in the lousiana marsh. i live right on the water in miss.. so its only like a 20min boat ride to LA marsh... yeah caught some nice speckle trout and redfish..

woooo hooo..!!!. i got zoanuts in the mail today... another great shipping job and zoas look great...freebie too... ill get pics up later when they open... they hooked me up.. one of the frags has like 50+ polyps on it :)

50+ :o

I don't even have any in my tank. There is a new fish store in my area I am going to try. The other is in Atlanta, Georgia... a good hour+ from my house. If it is ok, I will try to get a small colony of zoas... or a BTA for my Maroon.

Please wait until your tank is more mature to get a BTA. A two month old tank isn't mature enough. Wait at least 8 months or more. Earlier and you can lose it all if the anemone dies in there.

Hey Dig...what skimmer are you running? Did you go with a Tunze or the Sapphire, or something else? Also, what is the water level in your 2nd and 3rd chambers? Is it high or low?

Cheers.

im running skimmerless, i still have my bioballs i ch 2.... my levels are usually run right above that lil glass strip on the side of chamber 3.

heres few snapps... i have a bunch more to take of all my new zoas from zoanuts... they are awsome by the way...

gorilla nips

DSC00565.jpg

unknown freebie

DSC00569.jpg

New freebie from ZoaNuts.. these are awsome!!

DSC00572.jpg

i figure yall want pics... so i post pics

well said yard....well said

Yard, still have that purple/green frogspawn?? how big is it?

The problem is, my lfs would have told me to get it. My tank should be ready for zoas though right?

Btw, My first day of school (Thursday), a transformer blew up, so they let school out early. My science teacher this year has a sw tank, not as clean looking as my 6th grade teacher's, but she is afraid to clean the glass because she thinks she has baby star fish.

I have some stringy green algae all over my sandbed. It is getting very thick, like grass. Does anyone have an idea of what it is? (sorry dig, not trying to hijack your journal)

john... what type of water are you using??? If your using tap water,,, STOP!!.. RO water is the only thing i would use... also you shoud be changing at least 3 gal. weekly(RO saltwater) and top off with (RO fresh Water)... get some cerith snails, and a few hermits,... that should clear up your algae problem

few more pics

freebie( unknowns) colors are awsome on these guy

DSC00592.jpg

new freebie from zoanuts

DSC00584.jpg

My favs( dragon eyes)) these guys have doubled in amount of polyps since i got them..( 1month)

DSC00599.jpg

DSC00600.jpg

few more pics

freebie( unknowns) colors are awsome on these guy

DSC00592.jpg

new freebie from zoanuts

DSC00584.jpg

My favs( dragon eyes)) these guys have doubled in amount of polyps since i got them..( 1month)

DSC00599.jpg

DSC00600.jpg

looks fantastic!!!!!

thanks zoanuts.... the most recent order is still adjusting to the tank.. so ill get picks up soon or later.. o, and what are those one in pic above( the ones you sent as freebie)... they look like monster lips??

ahhh... i did a calcium test this evening... it is at a whopping 520 ppm!!! how do i get it down.. PH is 8.2.. i did a water change so hopefully that will lower it some.

WOW!!!! You have quite the collection of zoas going bud. I was getting ready to order some from Zoanuts.com but saw that they are out of stock and moving tanks so it will be a couple weeks. What do I need to do to get freebies like that? :) Nice collection.

Were you dosing calcium to get it up that high? Did you test it again just to make sure it wasn't a false reading? I won't have any negative effect on things and should naturally come down as your corals and coralline utilize it.

Adam

thanks dive,,im about to start on my Florida Ricorida kick.....i just half dose Kent Nano Reef, once a week..,,im hoping it will go down on its own... Zoanuts is getting two larger Zoanthid tanks, so they should be up and running by next weeked or the next.... ive ordered alot of zoas from them... "i treat them right, they treat me right"

Happy three month anniversary on the tank. Mine is right behind yours.

I sent you a PM with the code for your signature. Let me know if it works.

thanks dive... i should celebrate huh...and believe it or not it took all the way till now, im starting to get a few coraline spots on my backwall.. o and the code worked perfect that you gave me.... ithankya.

Im not getting coraline on my back wall, but it is on the rock. There is some brown stuff growing on the drip tray. I think it is just some sort of brown algae. I am about a month and a week behind you

Archived