inTank Media Baskets

Diggman's BC29 journal (currently out of commision)

diggman08

just order the Dual Aquatek cooling fans off ebay.. Dive is also using these on his BC .. i figure i will need em with my new Sunpod on the way :) ( its better than paying 400bucks for a chiller)

They had a labor day sale going on.. $27 bucks shipped. woohoo!!

i want to make sure i have everything i need. so when i hook it all up. it will be ready to go, with no problems..

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok , because my Furan 2 hasnt come in yet and i dont have time to wait, i diipped all my zoas today with Seachem reef dip.. as i was investigating, the little white dot on the zoas POPP like zits...ehhh.. is this zoa pox or some other disease?? i dont think the dragon eyes are gonna make it,, im really bummmed out. :( they were my favs.. the others seem to be recovering so/so.

The only good news is my Sunpod and fans should be getting here this week sometime... not like i have anything to look at nemore though...lol

o and Happy Labor DAY !! ( i had to work)

Hey bud....just catching up on the thread after being offline for a bit :) Sorry to hear about the zoas continuing to head downhill. The same thing happened to a frag that I got from Nano-Paul although it wasn't from disease. They just slowly fizzled out....kinda sad to see honestly.

Don't get too down about it though....I'm sure once the furan gets there and you dip them, they will be well on their way to recovery.

Congrats on the fans....as I said, they are a little on the loud side but man do they push some air and keep things nice and cool. I barely even notice them anymore and my tank sits right by my tv in the living room.

So when is the light coming in? Just wait til you put it on there...you won't say you don't have anything to look at then :)

Are you going to try any SPS? If so, I know of a couple people on here that will hook you up with some nice starter SPS that are pest free and 100% aquacultured (best chance of survival).

yeah i might.. my tank is right by my bed.. but im only gonna run the aquatecks at day for like 5 hours. they should be here tomorow i hope.. i sold my 4.36 hood to a member on here.. great deal IMO o and i placed yet another order with zoanuts LAst night.. woohooo.. theyll be here wensday morning.. PALYTHOAS!! i think im gonna stick with Palys from now on instead of zoas... i here cant catch the pox..

Results of day 1 treatment: almost all white dot are gone, some polyps opening slightly, but still majority closed up.. i will repeat treat ment again today.. i went ahead and treated all the zoas in my tank just in case, they are recovering ok..

O and My zoanuts order came in today on schedule... packaging was perfection as always... lots of extra polyps and FREEBIE MONTIPORA!! :happydance: ill have pics up when they open

Sounds like you are well on your way of getting things taken care of with the Furan 2. Keep up the good work.

Any news on when you're getting the Sunpod in? Congrats on your first SPS!!! Once you get that light on there, you WILL be hooked.

haha.. i know i will be hooked, it looks cool just under PC's im gonna take it off the plug eventually, Dustin said with good light and flow it wil spread over your rock work... IT was free shipping so they must have used the slowest service you can possibly get ..lol.. it better be here by the end of the week :unsure:

Awesome...can't wait to see it with the new light. Did you get a tracking number from them or something saying it shipped? I remember getting a tracking number from them once it shipped.

I'm excited for you :) I do remember their shipping taking a little while though since I think they're in Cali or Washington state.

me too, im ready.. yeah it says in transit to Mississippi.. do you have a piece of glass going across your tank to reduce evap?? i wonder if ill be able to put sunpod lights and aquatek fans on my coralife dual timer..?

Cool...sounds like it's making its way to you. No, I don't have anything over my tank. Although I'm still a little leery that someday the clowns will get adventurous, I just think it looks better open.

You will definitely be able to put them on the coralife timer. I have my fans and lights on there right now :)

still no sunpod today :( or fans

ill try and gets some new pics up for you guys, i know its been a while..

havent had time between work and play (mostly work)

How come bills seem to show up a week early and when we really are waiting for something it takes forever!!??!!

Any day now..........aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....let there be LIGHT!!!

lol... well it looks like i spoke too soon... WOOOHOOOO!!!. finally she came in this evening.. SUNPOD HQI omgomgomg:happydance::bowdown:

if yall could just bare with me for a minute with my over exitement..lol.

their are no words that can explain how good this lighting looks.. it is simply unbelievable..serioulsy my corals look just amazing.. colors ive never seen before.. and i only had the sunpod on for 5 minutes.... the water looks so crystall clear..and the shimmer effect...lol im almost done freaking out... and the white and blue moon lights are just redicoulous.... the difference from PC to HQI is in a league of its own.. it really is...ok im done i think..... i got jittery and snapped a few pics..

fresh out the box.

DSC00698.jpg

NEW FTS.. check out the power of HQI :)

DSC00713.jpg

o and here are the results after treatment one of the FURAN 2 dip on dragon eyes.. i must say their looks alot better.. im going to do one more treatment.. (pic is under new lights)

DSC00708.jpg

1 hour and 40 minutes from box to pic...I can't believe it took that long! j/k lol

Looking sweet.....going to need some sunglasses while looking at that beauty now.

haha....that must be a record....

it really is something to look at now.. tank sits across from my bed and im lookin at with these blue leds, and it just looks amazing... i wish u guys could see how these dragon eyes are glowing under the moonlight.. :eek:

Sweet man....I told you that you would be amazed. It's freaking amazing how clear the water looks with the Sunpod. Congrats and glad to hear that you recieved it before the weekend. I know you will be in front of the tank all weekend now :)

Can't wait to see some more pics.

looks like when my aquatek fans come in i may sell them... my tank has been constant 78-79 all day.. well see how it goes though..

I like the way it looks! I am not a big fan of the topless look though. I have lots of air bubbles floating around. Would a sunpod make them even more visible?

noobwithatank

because of dive and yourself. haha my unused 4x36 upgrade is forsale on my local fish forum and ill be getting the sunpod, when ever they go on sale. hah. way to go.

If you guys would have gone straight with the sunpod you could have saved me some $$$$ j/k

Looks like I might have a new upgrade to do!!

How much can you get for a lid with 4.36 upgrade?? Maybe I should get the sunpod and just keep the stock lid for an unexpected emergency?

Archived