inTank Media Baskets

Diggman's BC29 journal (currently out of commision)

diggman08

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you know, I have a purple firefish and he/she is an awesome fish. Although it was shy at first, it is ALWAYS out in the middle of the tank and just darting around chasing things :) I would definitely recommend one if you are looking for a colorful fish that is docile, out in the open to see a lot, and peaceful.

Although the firefish are cool, there are so many other cool gobies as well...especially the high red finned goby. I don't know all that much about them so I'll have to look in my saltwater fish book and check them out. I'll let you know if I find anything of interest.

DHL delayed my package for some reason so now Dustin is having to work with them to make sure i get it today :( Freaking shipping companies...

DHL delayed my package for some reason so now Dustin is having to work with them to make sure i get it today :( Freaking shipping companies...

that sux, hopefully everything will come together for you. If not from what I have seen Dustin will make everything right.

My shipment comes today as well.....or at least it's supposed to :o

thanks tuddzzle. they look better in person, without the blurry pic..hehe

damn dive that sucks.. dont worry Dustin will make it right for you.. no matter what you will be satisfied in the end.. dont sweat it dude.. have you seen the catalina goby.. there colors are amazing.. that will be my next fish.. i think they have them on Live aquria

Yeah bud, nothing Dustin could do. DHL sent it to the wrong location and then had to backtrack it to Oklahoma. They are supposed to call me in the morning to come and pick it up so we'll see how it turns out.

Definitely not the fault of Zoanuts in the least and he's been awesome as far as getting back to me and keeping track of things. Two shipping problems in one week...good lord.

I have seen those catalina gobies and they are definitely awesome. Awesome coloration and sounds like they are great fish.

man you must be cursed with shipping :scarry: j/k i ve order zoas ups ground before and they were in transit for like 5 days, and still survived , so hopefully yours will make it.. in this blistering heaatt!!!.

ive got my fingers crossed for you fingerscrossed

My parents are flying to New Orleans for the weekend. I am staying with my sister. She is supposed to take me to find the new fish store in my area.

right on John, no impulse buying now..hehe... new orleans has some great fish stores, you should have went with your folks.. :)

New Update,,Few new pics everything seems to be doing just fine

i cut the daisy polyps off the rock they came on and rubberbanded them to this overhanging rock,, i cant wait till they attatch and spread all over it,, its gonna look awsome..

DSC00686.jpg

some zoas(freebie zoanuts). dive i think you may have these also??

DSC00679.jpg

fire/ice(these have been with me from start) started as few polyps

DSC00677.jpg

and finally a new FTS.... sorry some of my zoas are fully opened.. dang hermits.

DSC00673.jpg

John

Check out Cappacino Bay over in E.Cobb...that place rocks !!! there is another one in E.cobb called Marine Fish that is also good..

Awesome update bud....tank is looking perfect. I agree that those daisy's are going to look great once they start covering the rock and overhang.

I think I might have the same zoas that you mentioned as well. Not sure, I'll have to look today.

Man, if you ever want to snip off a few of those dragon eye zoas, let me know . I would be interested in a few for sure :)

How are the clowns doing? Are they eating alright and everything?

thnkx guys i appreciate it....

Dive, just 1 clown.. he is a PIGG.. i feed him brine shrimp once every day or 2.. he tears it up.. he needs a friend though :(

yes , ill snip you off some and frag them to a lil rock.. i have to wait though,. because i think they might have zoapox.. GOD i hope they dont.. im going to dip them and get in close for a better look..

it would be my luck, there my favorite ones. and get diseased...lol

hey BC29 buds and other guys,, what do yall dose your tank if u do??

i use Kent Nano Reef 2/part, kent tech 1

Photos look great! I like the way your zoas on teh bottom left of your tank compliment your aquascape.

How did you cut the daisy polyps off the rock they came on?

The zoanuts fire-ice polyps look great!

thanks geo.. i used a razor blade and carefully cut as close to along the rock as possible... the daisies form like a purple crust under them( how the spread) so i just cut under it... the fire/ice zoas they actually came from a NR member on here. i cant remember his name though..i think its somewhere at the begining of my thread. good seller $1.00 per polyp.

Hey bud...I posted my dosing on my thread if you want to take a look over there. Too much to write so I might just copy and paste it over here so others can see.

Sorry to hear about the possible pox....I am starting to get nervous about mine so I might just do a freshwater dip to make sure there aren't any nudis or something like that. Better safe than sorry I guess.

Do you have any close up pics of the zoas that you think have pox? Are they closed up or irritated? What makes you think this? Just curious.

Yeah man, get that clown a friend....

I dose with the Kent prodcuts now but am not happy with the results so I am going to try the ESV B-ionic two part. I started a thread on the subject and seem to be getting the best playback on the ESV product. I don't want to get into the more mechanical dripping of kalk or anything like that just want to keep it simple. Seems to me if I do a test just before weekly water changes on calc, alk, and mag I should be able to dose with the new water and be done with it. Need to start to track some information though to see what the usage per week is and if just weekly doses are enough or if I have to do it on a more ofter schedule.

As far as dosing, I used to use all of Seachem's dry mix products on my 55 gallon and was really happy with them although they are kind of a pain to mix up every time.

This time around, I have been using Two Little Fishes Two Part mix that I bought a boat load of from Drs. F&S when they had it on sale. I'm sure it would be cheaper to just make my own two part and I'm sure eventually I will do this.

Since my calcium had been kind of low and my alk a little on the high side, I have been using Seachem's ReefBuilder Ca to bring up the Ca. It's nice because it doesn't affect Alk as much as say the Two Part. Once I get things in line and figure out how much my corals are sucking up per week, I will start using the Two Part again...probably about 5mL per week to start with.

spanko, i agree i might be switching also to the ESV..

dive, ill get some pics if i can.. yes they are stressed and on some of them theyre are some lil white dots inside the staulk. its not nuddi eggs, so its either sand or pox...

thats what im dosing, 5ml per week Kent 2 part.

my calcium levels have been steady 450-470

Hey man...I'm sure you will beat this whatever it is. As Nano-Paul said on my thread, there is tons of help to be had here on the forum and there are lots of people that have beaten all sorts of things.

Did you try blasting them off with a baster or something to see if it's sand? I'm sure you did but just wanted to make sure it wasn't sand for sure :)

heres a some pics... This is why i think its sand. look at the bottm..

can they actually close up with sand on them and digest it down into there staulk??? if so maybe thats what this is

o and they were all fully open before i took the pic, i stressed them so i good get a good pick of the staulks

DSC00694.jpg

DSC00692.jpg

i will tryin blowing them.. but i think it is inside the staulk,

Pros chime in Please!! sand or pox?? or whatever it may be??

Archived