Top Shelf Aquatics

Diggman's BC29 journal (currently out of commision)

diggman08

i think i willl finally admit i am ADDicted to ZOA's.. i just placed another order with zoanuts.. they have some awsome new ones they just uploaded.. neways they willl be here next week, ill get pics up :)

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heres some more pics i snapped today.. these are the new frags i got in from the ones that didnt make it last go round.. there pretty nice..

DSC00547.jpg

DSC00546.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

and ideas on I.D. names of them?

few more random

emerald crab/magarita snail chillin

DSC00549.jpg

Feather duster

DSC00544.jpg

Things are looking awesome man....and I completely hear you about being addicted to zoas. If you ever want to really really become addicted, start hanging out on Club Zoa and check out some of the sick collections people have over there. Freaking amazing doesn't begin to describe some of the colors and money involved.

Hope you don't get get bite by the acan bug :)

haha..ive snooped around there once or twice... thanks dive... i think im going to get bit by the FLorida Ric bug though.. i have a Purple rics comin next week from FragMadness..

Better grab them soon as prices are getting ready to soar!!!! One of the major collectors of rics was found to be doing it illegally and exporting out of the country so prices will go up.

well, since the latest water change, adding chemipure elite, and dosing my kent nanoreef this week,,, my zoas looked awsome today.. theyre finally fully opened and more colorful than ever...im very relieved that it was nothing serious like nudis or something worse that was causing their stress.

few pics.

australian malachite greens.. theyve never looked so good!

DSC00555.jpg

peace and quiet on the reef..

DSC00561.jpg

those are tight yard , what are kind are they??

Uhhh, Zoanthids? I don't think I've ever bought "named" zoanthids. Just the ones that look cool.

It has just been proven that the Zoa bug is CONTAGEOUS! 'cause diggman, you gave me ZOA FEVER!

what im saying is im addicted to zoas now.

Im gonna make an avatar soon.

Diggman....awesome pics of the malachite greens....if you are ever interested in trading let me know!!! Once I move in about 3 weeks, I will be snagging up lots of corals so trading will hopefully come in the future.

Tank sounds like it's doing awesome.

sorry for the late reply guy's .. i just got in from a fishing trip.. im bout to pass smooth out... neways. thanks for all the nice commets...

John: there is not a cure available yet for zoafever...hehe.

Yard : Smart @$# ..haha.. j/k

Dive : i will def. trade when they start spreading from the moother colony...

John: there is not a cure available yet for zoafever...hehe.

Zoa fever isn't that bad... well I guess it will be when I spend all of my money trying to cure it.

noobwithatank

hey digg, i have a few questions about your lighting.

i wanted the sunpod, but higher powers have spoken ( the wife ) so looks like ill be going with the nanotuners 4x36.

how much evap are you getting?

have you noticed a "decent" difference in the light and how your corals look"

i looked over the directions online and they apear to be very slim. how was the install was it easy once you had all the pieces infront of you?

if i had to do it again.. i would spent the exta $60 bucks and get the sunpod,,, hands down it is superior... but i love the 4.36 it is a big step up from stock, and my corals love it,, some of them are even starting to morph colors... the install was fairly easy... alls you need is a srewdriver, 2 drill bits, crimps,cuttters.. and thats it... its really not hard if you have some common (hands on skills).

Hey Diggman, I got a heater and want to put it in the first chamber. Can you tell me how you removed the false bottom? Can I do it with water in the tank?

Nice pics. Tank really looks good.

thanks ga... yes you can take it out with water in..( i did) just push really hard on one of the corners.. dont worry you wont break it.. just PPUUSSHHHHH!!! its only held in by silicone... then you can toss a bag of Purigen and a heater back there..

Is there such thing as a chiller/heater in one?

I never have needed a heater (so far), but it is summer. Winters here in Georgia are usually mild, but can get "wintery".

im not sure on that one.. they might have such.. i would say you dont really need a chiller unless you have say 250WTT metalhalide...

Is there such thing as a chiller/heater in one?

I never have needed a heater (so far), but it is summer. Winters here in Georgia are usually mild, but can get "wintery".

There is a unit that does both. I have it on my 50 gallon however the heater side had problems and after having it fixed once and it went out a second time, I just dropped a heater in the sump and let my Reefkeeper 2 control system run my tank.

On my 14 gallon Biocube, I went with just a chiller plus I have the Reefkeeper 2 running the whole system (Lights, Pumps, Heater and Chiller).

It's not cheap but it's like having your computer run your tank.

Hope this helps...

Yes it did. Could you give me a little more info on the brand, etc...

I found a chiller that has an attatchable heater, but I forgot the brand.

Archived