Innovative Marine Aquariums

Diggman's BC29 journal (currently out of commision)

diggman08

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha ur not stupid, it is short for 4 36wtt pc bulbs for a total of 144wtts.. its an upgrade kit. The factory biocube only comes with 2 36wt. bulbs.

Well think im going back to the factory pump setup..(which wasnt bad to begin with)).. my tank is like 4ft. from my bed, and i cant sleep with that rio6hf.. its not vibrating or anything, its just a little louder.. if anything ill get a tunze nanostream..that should give the water a great movement.

Mine is 6" from my bed. Very relaxing, and it helps me fall asleep.

Is the light mod simple? Well I'm only 12, and I dont want to do something wrong and be without lights.

hmmm. well its not really hard.. if this is your first time trying to wire/mod something i would suggest getting some assistance..but you can go on nanotuners.com and download the instructions.. that will give you an idea.. then you will know if your up for the task or not.. hope this helps...

It never hurts to ask question if your unsure of something.. thats why i love this web site.

John30507 the light mod is not too hard but it does require a basic knowledge of wiring and the ability to cut strip and wire together pcs. that have been cut. At 12 years old it would be a great job to do together with an adult that has some of these capabilities so that you can do and learn with some supervision that will keep you from making a mistake.

The upgrade is wonderful as far as the additional lighting it puts into the tank.

Awesome eagles eyes Diggman...how are the others zoas coming along? Do you have a pic of the koralia in the tank? Would like to see what it looks like in there.

Adam

thankx,, the pic doesnt do them justice.theyre so bright.,well i havent gotten yet, but i will get some pics when i do get it. the other zoas are still doing BAD,they look the same as in previous pics :(

ne way heres a UPDATED FTS. today she hit 2MONTHS OLD.

(i still have to place the frags among the rockwork)

DSC00462.jpg

About the light upgrade, my grandpa will help me. He is very smart, and he has a bigger knowledge in this kind of thing than anyone I know. He can repair just about ANYTHING that runs on gas, has a motor, or plugs into a wall.

those grandpa's can do it all, theyve been around a while. good luck with the upgrade. you wont be sorry.

yardboy, dont think i forgot about you goin through that goodie bag of yours :) lemme know

Noob Question, coming up

What are the best options to pick for the upgrade? Does it completely replace the current lights, or does it add lights?

it adds 2 more 36wtt pc bulbs. it comes with a new ballast also that runs both of them.. i would definetly get the var.volt adapter for yor fans..(for adjusted speed).... as for as lights. i went with 50/50 & actinic. you can pick any combo to your liking.. just make sure you get eith a 50/50 or 10k for 1 bulb for your photoperiod.. then the other bulb you can pick for more blue or white effect. actinic or 50/50... actinic being the bluest... i here the R2 moonlight upgrade is awsome. i wish i would have gotten it. hope this help

I got one 10k and one actinic. Got the variable speed for the fans and got thg R2 moonlights. Very happy with everything.

I have decided that I will order this, but first I have to save up my money. Looks like im babysitting the rest of the summer :unsure:

My cousins are some wild kids.... And the youngest eats constantly.

well boyz and girls, just grabbed me some good deals from zoanuts.com closing sale.. got some AUSTRALIAN MALACHITE ZOAS, and GORILLA NIPS on the way.. i cant wait, they look awsome.

Congrats on the new frags man....just checked them out on that site and they are awesome. If I had the money now I would definitely grab some of those up.

As far as the other zoas, do they look like they have any fungus on them or anything on the polyps when they're closed up? Seems strange that they still haven't opened up for you.

If you're ever interested in fragging some of those dragon eyes, I would be interested in buying or trading once I get some corals going in my tank.

Adam

thankx dive.. yeah no prob.. i think im going to toss those frags that havent opened. (there dead).. but the guy is sending me 2 new frags and a freebie. at only shipping cost. so its all good.

got my zoas in from zoanuts today..first i just wanna say that theyre customer service is topnotch..and great shipping..got here in less than 24 hrs. ill get some pics up a bit later when they open..

2 clownfish would be even cooler :) hmmm 1month old. you should be right at the end of your cycle.. be warned when you add that live rock you could spike another small cycle. i would wait another month on the clown just to be safe..put the rock in asap

NEW PICS.. here is my new aussie malachite and gorilla nips from Zoanuts.com. i love em. i cant wait till they fully open and get used to the tank... here some pics..

DSC00474.jpg

Actinics

DSC00491.jpg

DSC00473.jpg

Actinics

DSC00492.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

the frags are way bigger than i expected.

Love the tank! I have the same model and am just finishing up the basic equipment runs. I did notice that you seem to have a lot more sand than I have placed in mine. About how much did you put in? I put in 29 and it seemed to be too much, so I pulled out about 4 or 5 pounds. But yours seems to be much lower. Maybe I am too hooked on the 1lbs. per gallon rule. Any tips?

I actually meant to say that I have more in mine than you yours, night time stupidity, sorry. :owned:

Also, where can I get the plastic connectors so that I can make the water return into the "Y" shape instead of just the one return it has stock. I hope that makes sense.

thanks Brian..i have 10lbs of live sand. its just personal preference reallly. i dont like alot of sand.. the plastic return Y is Loc-line. you can pick it up at your lfs. its not real cheap either.. or you could picksome up online probably.. JUST make sure you get 1/2" though...and you will have to do a little sanding on it to make it fit..

Archived