Pod Your Reef

Diggman's BC29 journal (currently out of commision)

diggman08

noobwithatank

nice, thanks digg.

can i ask you if u noticed any change in colours when u went from mh to pc on the zoas and what nots?

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

noob, i went from pc to MH u mean... and yes the colors changed, in a very good way..lol... the pc have a more evened out light throughout the tank,but dim.. the MH is very powerful and concentrated light... wich is why it is the best lighting you can buy as of now... but dont get me wrong i liked my 4.36 pc too :)

thanks heylookit blahblahblah... hehe

Thanks for the shots Digg- that looks great man. Hey with that MH, do you have a cover on the tank to keep your critters in? We are looking at an upgraded ligfht but were curious on that.

no covers... ive only had a snail try getting in chamber 2 once or twice but thats about it..nothing serious.

no updates guys.... ive been freeakkking slammed at the jobsite.. "Cruisin the Coast "this weekend..

Wait i have an update,, Im a week behind on my water change and my glass is filthy :o:tears:

I hear ya man.....things have been busy on my end as well so I know what you mean about the glass. Although I try not to ever miss a water change, this past week has been one of those when I did a water change and have basically just dosed and feed the fish every other day. Haven't had any time to enjoy the tank.

Time to break out the mag float and do some glass cleaning. Old credit cards work great as well to get in the curved corners.

yeah i had a bad expierince with my magfloat about 2months back.. nice scratch on glass.. so now i use my ole college id card for down by the sand.. and just a glass scrubber pad from lfs for everything and curves..

went to lfs today to get my water.. and i couldnt resist but to get this beatiful Gorgonia... its dark orange with white polyps.. ill get pics for yall up later... ahh i cant decide on placement..

so your says in 4.5 months you havent done any water changes!!!.. HOLY CRAP...lol... i would say your about 12 water changes past due... seriously.... do so ASAP.. and do a 20% change.... and from now on do 10% every single week..MAKE IT A HABIT..

on a second note here a the pics.. i simply love this thing... i know this is one of the hardes things to keep.. from what ive read on here, most that have tried keeping this type of gorg have not succeded.... wish me luck...

DSC00871.jpg

DSC00869.jpg

DSC00866.jpg

gimme yall honest opinion too on placement.. im thinking i like it here

( it looks like a Acro) but not :)

yup it is non-photosynthetic...thats why its so hard to keep.. because it is so high maitnence.. and it takes a lot of feeding.. wich will dirty my water alot!!!.. im thinking once a week Rotifers, phyto, and maybe cyclo-peeze... ahh another Fts... cant you just look back at my last FTS and do the math were the gorg is...lol i amm tireedd.. it took a Redbull just to get these pics up..lol

Nice new addition bud....and best of luck keeping it going. You seem to have some great husbandry skills so hopefully it will survive and thrive in the tank. I know that some people have had a lot of success with such beautiful creatures and I hope you have the same.

Nice pics too :)

This Weekend!! what stuff are you refering too?? bucket,salt, Ro water, hydrometer. these are a MUST!! or get premixed Salt water from lfs

thanks dive.. havent heard from you in awhile on here :)

I've still been cruising around here during work (shhh... :lol: ) but all the wedding preparations have stolen my money (not a surprise) and picture taking time for the tank. Everything is still doing great in the tank, just no real updates.

Where did you get the gorgonian?

Dive believe it or not i got it from my LFS, they are really starting to get some nice nice stuff it.. i wasnt planning on getting it, but you know how that goes :) its so much nicer being able to drive 15min to get stuff than ordering online.. i usually pay more for shipping than the actuall coral..lol.

o yeah and congrats on the tie ing the Knot

thaank you JCbio29 sir..

Archived