Coral Vue Hydros

ZOANTHID THREAD!

Helfrichs Chick

Jon in SW Ohio

A good friend of mine bought it and I'm caring for it until the day he decides to set up a tank, then I gotta send him a polyp back if it's sprouted one by then. It's definitely intense and I still can't believe it's in my tank. I've only had it about a month so not sure how fast or slow it will grow.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a pic of some new zoas (on the left). They were listed as Eagle Eyes on ultimatefrags.com but they look more like Watermelons to me. I think the zoas on the right are Eagle Eyes. What do you folks think? :huh:

Copy1ofZoas.jpg

Anyone like this weird zoa palythoa? Quarter sized.

Radioactive Galaxy Palythoa

100_2526.jpg

100_2523.jpg

Redish orange with white speckles

100_2515.jpg

100_2306.jpg

Zoa frags

100_2521.jpg

Ice blue with green

100_2301.jpg

Purple blue green

100_2302.jpg

Orangish

100_2307.jpg

Mottled Army green(kermits revenge)

100_2318.jpg

Wowzers, some amazing looking zoos. :o I want some of those Tubs...

Just starting out myself and picked up some frags from StanD as well. Taken under 10,000k and actinic PCs.

AoG

D2X_5942.jpg

Metallic eagle eyes

D2X_6002.jpg

Radioactive dragons eyes

D2X_6005.jpg

Waiting for the others to open up before I snap some shots of them.

Also stopped by the LFS store earlier today to look for some glue. Couldn't find any, but managed to score this frag for $5.

D2X_6021.jpg

Anyone want to ID it? The skirts are longer than the EE and are yellow vs. green.

junkitu- Looking good. Nice variety of colors.

Ditto - great shots and beautiful zoas!

Thanks! I got several of them as freebies from www.ultimatefrags.com when I ordered my watermelon zoas. Unfortunatley, it looks like the site has closed :tears:

Thanks. I just need more stuff to shoot.

Equipment used: D2X, 105mm VR micro, 68mm Kenko tubes

DANG! Your pics put mine to shame! Can you use yours on my FS post? Lol.

Glad to see they are doing well. Still got some zoas left...

AoG.jpg

my AoG from StanD

it has become one of the best if not my favorite!

now all i need are some Armageddons *hint hint* ;)

Lol. When my Armegeddons grow out I'll PM you guy....

Stan

Some more to add :)

ReefTanks171.jpg

RED

I traded RED some AoGs for these and I must say they are da bomb!

wow the stuff you got from stan look really good. do you use mh? i got some frags from him too, i will have to put pics of them up. just got a new cam and need to figure it out first, maybe tomorrow.the metallic eagles look really nice. i got some also but i think they melted.

stan those oranges look really nice.

ADAM

wow the stuff you got from stan look really good. do you use mh? i got some frags from him too, i will have to put pics of them up. just got a new cam and need to figure it out first, maybe tomorrow.the metallic eagles look really nice. i got some also but i think they melted.

stan those oranges look really nice.

ADAM

Thanks. Nope, I don't use halides. Those were taken under PCs instead in my pico reef (one 10,000k and one actinic). Some colors work under them, but others don't. Here's a few that I also received from StanD. They don't show as much coloration as the others, but I'm patient and willing to wait how they'll eventually look under PC.

D2X_6031.jpg

D2X_6034.jpg

D2X_6038.jpg

What I would do for a D2X.....I don't even want to think about it.

I'll shoot some with my D200 next time instead. ;)

shawn's red galaxy are morphing. grrrr i like the old generation better than the new one.

actinics005.jpg

actinics002.jpg

as you can see the new one has more of a solid circle rather then a BURST OF RED BEAUTIFUL STARS.

i hear you on the morphing. a lot of the palys that i got for my tank have morphed too. do they do this no matter what or is it cause i use PC? it kind of sucks. my fav. pinks morphed and now i am thinking of getting rid of them.

great pics guys.

ADAM

Archived