Cultivated Reef

ZOANTHID THREAD!

Helfrichs Chick

xiongaquatics
LOVE those Big Bang's!!!!! Are you going to submit those to zoaid?

that's funny, some of my picture are on zoaid and i never even submit them. that's fine. maybe they will find this picture and add it to their collection too.

big bang is on zoaid. that is where i got the name from. there was a big thread about these on R2R and i'm the only one have them. these will soon be frag and be put on my site. only a very few frag will be available.

btw these look like the purple death but with the marking in the center. also turn blue if you look at it at an angle. very cool and very rare that's for sure.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
noirsphynx
that's funny, some of my picture are on zoaid and i never even submit them. that's fine. maybe they will find this picture and add it to their collection too.

big bang is on zoaid. that is where i got the name from. there was a big thread about these on R2R and i'm the only one have them. these will soon be frag and be put on my site. only a very few frag will be available.

btw these look like the purple death but with the marking in the center. also turn blue if you look at it at an angle. very cool and very rare that's for sure.

I see them now. I was looking for Big Bang not The Big Bang, lol.

Too bad you're not in Canada because I'd love some of those.

disaster999
I LOVE THESE ZOAS! what kinda lighting are these under?

4x 24watt T5HO lights with Reefgeek reflectors, ATI Aquablue Special, Aquablue Plus and Actinic, KZ Fiji Color

These are probably my most unique zoanthids. In person the yellow ring around the mouth is more pronounced.

IMG_5757.jpg

These are still my favorite. Even though they are pretty plain I am always impressed with how they look.

IMG_5738.jpg

noirsphynx

Here's a few more of mine.

Blue and Gold with Fire and Ice

BlueandGoldFireandIceJune1009.jpg

Organism Paly

OrganismPalyJune309.jpg

Pink Eyed Halos

peachcenterJune409.jpg

blues(these ones are slightly different than my Belle's)

BlueJune1009.jpg

xiongaquatics

here is 2 of y special blue i just pick up.

ocean prey

DSC05321.jpg?t=1243996983

Trueblue hornet(not true blue hornet, but trueblue hornet)

DSC05313.jpg?t=1243997157

• 2 years later...

I think I have just witnessed some of the most beautiful zoa specimens ever! The colony sizes just blow me away. Does anyone have a recommendation of sources where one can actually acquire a decent 'mini' colony when ordering a frag from the vendor? This 'buy it by the polyp' thing just might not be a good option for me. I have big holes in my rocks. When it's midnight margarita time for my nassarus snails, single polyps don't stand a chance of staying planted where I put them. When they get knocked off the rock, the current blows them into the holes, nooks and crannies. I then spend hours shaking the rocks down to find my polyp. I presume that the proper thing to do, would be to leave the polyp on the frag plug until it grows into a decent colony. I hate doing that because the plugs that I have gotten, end up being breeding grounds for GHA. I'm also hoping that the sooner the frag is glued to the rocks, the sooner they will establish a colony that won't have to be disturbed by uprooting.

Archived