Cultivated Reef

ZOANTHID THREAD!

Helfrichs Chick

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got some tub blues last year early summer. they are a nice zoa but mine seem to be getting smaller. when i got them they were small polyps and had a nice green met skirt. but since then the polyps have shrunk a little and the skirt is no longer a vis. metalic green color. not sure if it is because i have them under PCs or what. does anyone know if they like light more so then the reg zoa? i want to try and find a spot that they will grow is size a little more and the green skirt will come back. i hink the frag that i have has something like 10-15 polyps on it, but all in a space the size of maybe a quarter.

ADAM

i got some tub blues last year early summer. they are a nice zoa but mine seem to be getting smaller. when i got them they were small polyps and had a nice green met skirt. but since then the polyps have shrunk a little and the skirt is no longer a vis. metalic green color. not sure if it is because i have them under PCs or what. does anyone know if they like light more so then the reg zoa? i want to try and find a spot that they will grow is size a little more and the green skirt will come back. i hink the frag that i have has something like 10-15 polyps on it, but all in a space the size of maybe a quarter.

ADAM

Lighting, water quality, and nutrient exchange has alot to do with it. I find that all zoas color up more under MH. They tend to morph under PC.

So I am seriously looking for a big colony of tubs, I dont care if I spend $$$$$ I want like 30 polyps, so if anyone finds a nice big colony let me know!

SHHHHHHH!!! Hey Helfrich's Chick, don't tell anyone but Tub's Blues are on sale at Atlantis Aquarium :ninja:

Uh oh. It looks like they just updated their site and they're no longer on sale. Sorry. They still have them listed under their frag section but for more $$$

http://www.atlantisaquarium.net/frags3.html

Helfrichs Chick

I dont want to spend $300 or anything but I do want a colony of about 30. Is it the general price at $10 a polyp>? If thats the case I might have to settle for 15-20. Arent tubs fast growers?

I dont want to spend $300 or anything but I do want a colony of about 30. Is it the general price at $10 a polyp>? If thats the case I might have to settle for 15-20. Arent tubs fast growers?

Pretty quick. I started with 5 about 6 months ago and now I have 25-30.

Helfrichs Chick

My understanding is that the tubs blue grow fast but the lighter blues do not. Well I will keep an eyer out. I need to get a start on my tank light set up tonight so they will have to wait. PLUS when I do my Ricordea order in Feb I am getting about 200 polyps. Dont know what colors but the frags ROCKED last time. Each one had about 20-40 polyps and were only $7 each. Cant beat that! I did tell him that if they have any blues that I want em, so I might be getting those anyways. :)

Lighting, water quality, and nutrient exchange has alot to do with it. I find that all zoas color up more under MH. They tend to morph under PC.

well i have mine under pcs, but i don't think that would do it alone do you? as for water wuality i chck my params and they all look good. although when i say i chck my params i mean the main ones. are there any that spec apply making the water qual better for zoas? also i don't dose my water with anything, do you guys add anything to the water for the zoas?

i have also noticed that when people talk about different morphs in this case tubs they all look different. what is the standard characteristics for this morph? i looked on zoaid but they didn't really have anything writen just pics.

ADAM

cool let us see pics when you get them! I am getting abunch of frags in Feb so all I am looking for right now is the tubs.

I picked up the frags on Saturday. Here are pictures.

I mislabeled the armor of god, I labled them armageddon...I was watching the movie before I edit the pics... -_-

6_P1215942_1.jpg

6_P1215943_1.jpg

6_P1215944_1.jpg

6_P1215946_1.jpg

6_P1215949_1.jpg

6_P1215954_1.jpg

Are those Armor of the God's really worth the price? I've got an opportunity to buy some at $10/polyp this weekend, but I'm hesitant at whether or not they're really worth it.

Are those Armor of the God's really worth the price? I've got an opportunity to buy some at $10/polyp this weekend, but I'm hesitant at whether or not they're really worth it.

I have seen nicer palys for about the same price but AOG are really nice and a must have in a zoa collection. IMHO AOGII are nicer than AOG. The black ring is really nice.

Archived