Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ZOANTHID THREAD!

Helfrichs Chick

avalanche1201

not suprised by that answer. I know ive got some zoas dont know exact kind. Ill get my params later, pretty sure theyre good...at least last time i check they were.

I was thinking of dosing some iodine...i know it can kill everything though, is there a test kit for it? so I could do safe doses?

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
avalanche1201

its gonna be an invert only tank. if I do get 1 fish itll be a hi fin, so i was thinking it would help w/ growth of zoas, and help w/ the molting and growth of shrimps and crabs.

Iodine dosage is extremely dangerous. That stuff is so potent that it'll be pretty difficult to measure it in the right amounts to dose in a nano.

Zoanthids generally grow pretty quick, but if you want to know growth rates of specific varieties just list them and we ought to be able to give an answer.

supernip if you still have some mohawks that you're trying to get rid of let me know. been waiting forever since the last time you told me you might be selling them soon! <_<

let me know if you want to get rid of anything heeh

Sorry I really will be selling them soon. The polyps still havent quite recovered from the electrocution by the stupid rio powerhead. Im just waiting for them to heal up.

I did an impuls buy today and got some gorgeous zoas from atlantis. Maybe I'll just sell off the whole collection if anyone is interested. It might be a little pricey though

nah, they alright. its a pet peeve of mine, the name mohawks. I dont wanna get into details.

Mine grew well, polyps got larger than most other people's but damn rio took care of that quick

i have only grown a single polyp of those since January lol

i bought a 2 polyp frag which tipped over killing one. so after 3 months its still a 2 polyp frag!! very disappointing

Im going to definately get some of those! , very nice :)

Sunflower palys

123_2337.JPG

Anybody seen these? They look like what mose people call watermelons, but they are alittle different

123_2323.JPG

Silver Palys

123_2338.JPG

yea my Mohawks and dark sparkles are slower then anything else in my tank it dives me nuts!

If you ever decide to frag a couple of those lmk 8)

very nice GSPE, has anybody else found out that these morph tremendously under different lights? When I first got mine they were under low PC's and looked like PRPE, now they look like normal GSPE under my 150W MH. Just thought it was interesting.

They morph quite a bit. Here they are when I first go them.

CopyofPEs.jpg

Here they are after a few weeks.

CopyofGSPEs.jpg

Here they are after a few more weeks.

CopyofGSPE3.jpg

you should have sen the morph mine went through! They were Pink and Purple, now they look exactly like yours. By the way those are very nice.

Archived