SaltCritters.com

Party at my place--BYOD-Bring your own Dremel!

mvite

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yep thats the one. i can already hear u warming up the dremel :lol:

Darn right! If you listen real close--you can hear coral scream. :lol:

It will definitely be checking right in to the "mvite coral relocation and rehabilitation program".

It will be next week's special guest star on BYOD!!

I can't believe I missed this whole thread. Man your stuff rocks dude. Too bad I don't live closer. I could use some of that coral in my tank.

:haha:

I just got a whole load of sweet acros off of Spankey yesterday. He said "post some pics".... I was like, "you wouldn't even recognize them....." By the time I unpack a coral---I might as well just make 50 frags of it.....

I seriously have to stop. What is this all amounting to???? Stinky hands, loads of shipping and paperwork!!!!!

I can't believe I missed this whole thread. Man your stuff rocks dude. Too bad I don't live closer. I could use some of that coral in my tank.

Hey thanks for checkin it out!

Sorry for the delay--things have been craaaazy!

Here are some pics of the simple plumbing. Again--the 110 is on the floor and the 55 is raised on cinderblocks. So--actually the 110 functions as the sump and the 55 is an upstream fuge. I went for almost a year with only the 110. I had a 20L attached that used to be my fuge. I got rid of that when I went with the reHUGium.

I have a powerhead as a return pump feeding the fuge.

This is the outside of the 55 feeding the 110.

IMG_1932.jpg

This is the inside of the 55--

IMG_1933.jpg

Now--You guys are gonna need to send me a special card or something for when I soon retire from this craziness. I want to be able to buy inexpensive coral when yous guys are big time.

Niiiice. I will post pics when I am done. ;)

I like very much... Amamazing corals with an amazing set up. Good work Mvite i'm very impressed. Maybe, just maybe we can trade some palys sometime, (PPE....cough);)

Ben1234,

That is the most absurd avatar I have seen in my life. You got balls, hehe. Sorry to butt into your thread guys.

ps. Your propping is incredible, I am green with jealousy. So far I have mastered propping gorgons...whoopee.

Thanks for the kind words! Even you, dicknose! :)

What the hell is chewing up my Superman monti???!!!!!!!

IMG_2028.jpg

Oh wait, that's me!!! :lol::lol:

IMG_2023.jpg

I knocked a lot out through ebay over the past weeks---here's a Mark's eye view.

IMG_2022.jpg

Lookee what I got in the mail from my secret admirer in Socal

IMG_2010.jpg

Pretty nice guys here on NR, huh? Wanna know what I paid for it? Nuthin.

Guess what comes in a box this big and weighs 40 pounds??

IMG_2044.jpg

This...

IMG_1983.jpg

And this

IMG_2012.jpg

And this

IMG_2002.jpg

And this

IMG_1991.jpg

The pics were right after I put em into the tubs---I am gonna let em chill out for a couple--eh---days???? If I can wait. I got a decent deal on the batch--but I think they need some lovin--

Check out how cool these blastos are---and again--I haven't even fed em yet!!

IMG_1984.jpg

But I only have about 100!!!! :lol:

great.. now next time i get something offa you, ill never be able to find it...

LOL!

Chuck was at my place to pick up an ebay win. I had located the acan about 15 minutes before he came over---and then I got to doing something else.....

It took me an hour to find that acan after he got there!!!!!! I was soaked on my entire right side from tip of arm to shins. Somehow it was right there---under my nose the whole time.... :angry:

sephroth_r1

LOL it was sooooo funny tho, both of us were in there moving EVERYTHING including ALL the rubble underneath! then... an hour... wait... there it is...

"i was so happy I peed myself..."

lol a quote of marks that will live on.

when you go to frag, i want you to show me, make it a saturday! lol ill come over, bring beer, and we can frag t hose monsters! i wanna learn fraging stuff like that from a proooooo!

nice find btw.

when you go to frag, i want you to show me, make it a saturday! lol ill come over, bring beer, and we can frag t hose monsters! i wanna learn fraging stuff like that from a proooooo!

Surely--but you are only 20 so you need root beer.

Does anyone know what I can do about those polyps that look "stranded" by dead skeleton? Can you see the ones I am talking about?

These are gonna require some serious tool to cut. One of them is a huge rounded rock---and I don't know how I am gonna get through it. Even the other two are on 4"-5" think pieces of rock---not the easiest to cut. That's why I want to try and treat them nice for a while, whilst I scheme on how to cut them.

I'm in no rush to frag them as I have a lot of other coral---but I like to make frags every day if I can!!! It's therapy.

Dude...Those are SICK!!!!

Im packing my bags and heading your way this weekend...lol

You know ... unexpected coral guest...lol

Izzue

Wow my list grows....Didn't you get a wet tile saw?? That should make those Acans easier to frag.

Cool man----cuz I am gonna be bursting at the seams once I cut into those. Hang onto that pink one for me.

I didn't get the saw because I wanted to make sure I did the right thing. I have been spending major cash--duh---and I felt bad--so I "tightened my belt" by not buying a saw yet. I really like the ring saw--but that's the most expensive choice.

These acans are slightly mounded as well---to see them up close they look like half of a bowling ball.

I think I am going to have to cut through the top first with the dremel and then chisel the bejesus out of it. I think it's too thick for the tile saw.

Izzue---have you used your tile saw yet? Any feedback???

05XRunner is taking me to his favorite LFS tonight....so there are probably going to be some more visitors checking into Club Mvite tonight....

sephroth_r1
I'll need to see some ID next time.

Lol what are you? the police? lol.

I gots id, how do you think i get into all the bars in south side!

Mvite

Im gonna brake the saw in this weekend...gonna test on LR...

I think its gonna be a decent tool to cut up LR for frags + maybe cutting of

larger bottoms of larger corals off.

Only drawback...saw is designed to cut up to 1 inch tile...so until I use it I dont

know if the blade can be raised high enough to make deep cuts like 3 and 4 inchs...hopefully it will cut at least 2 inches...then dremel from the top on larger corals.

Ill let ya know how it goes...I got some disposable gowns so game on without getting crap all over me.

Im gonna cut that turb and flower pot...maybe even some of the teal favia if it works well.

Izzue

Only drawback...saw is designed to cut up to 1 inch tile...so until I use it I dont

know if the blade can be raised high enough to make deep cuts like 3 and 4 inchs...hopefully it will cut at least 2 inches...then dremel from the top on larger corals.

Ill let ya know how it goes...I got some disposable gowns so game on without getting crap all over me.

I went to an LFS with 05X and yota tonight. The owner cut frags right in front of us with a tile saw. He broke off the "fence" that restricted the saw to cut only 1". He cut underneath the polyps and then snapped acans and micros from above.

While I was there I picked up a nice 5" teal and blue acro humilis and a fire orange micro that is literally the size of a speck. I have had bigger zits!

yea that place is awesome how if you dont want the whole thing they will just cut what you want to help keep price down for you.

Sweet selection of stuff as well.

Archived