Innovative Marine Aquariums

Party at my place--BYOD-Bring your own Dremel!

mvite

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey thanks BS!

There's a lot going on at the vite home. My wife and I got to cleaning the garage this weekend. After we were done, we looked like we had a fight in the flour factory. We had white coral dust all over us. It was at that time that my wife decided that I needed MY OWN ROCKING CORAL PAD!! That's right! I have my own place just like Greg Brady!!!

IMG_5158.jpg

We have a 2 car garage that has 2 half stalls in the front. We got a roughly 8x10x8 area and contained it with 6 mil sheeting and duct tape. (Literally out of the 9/11 survival kit...) Anyway I gots all my stuff in there--

IMG_5162.jpg

IMG_5161.jpg

IMG_5166.jpg

Since mostly ALL of my good tools are now rusted--I bought a cheapy set at a tool truck sale last winter. I got that and my tile saw, band saw and udder goodies in there.

HELP ME PIMP MY FRAG ROOM! I need stuff to decorate in there. It's very sterile right now. I am sure the splashing coral stuff will soon adorn the walls--but I would like some ideas and some pics to hang.

I am already looking for skeletal ID charts for coral--I don't think I will be too lucky. But Farrah Fawcett, Loni Anderson, Zeppelin and Ozzy posters were what I did last time I had my own room.

Vite...Im digging that ban saw.

You like Rotties??? Ive got a 2 year old female...shes awesome.

Just dont get the wrong fumes collected in the DOME.

Im lucky...I have a carport instead of garage...easy to wash if needed.

You gotta get us a pick after youve had a big frag cutting session.

Perfect ghost costum...lol ;)

Izzue

Vite...Im digging that ban saw.

You like Rotties??? Ive got a 2 year old female...shes awesome.

Just dont get the wrong fumes collected in the DOME.

Im lucky...I have a carport instead of garage...easy to wash if needed.

You gotta get us a pick after youve had a big frag cutting session.

Perfect ghost costum...lol ;)

Izzue

Iz--That's a lab----bad angle from the photo. I do really like Rotts--but my wife wouldn't let me. Bad PR from the media.

The bandsaw ain't all that. Sometimes it works great---like on plain ol' acan skeletons---but when there is some hard rock attached---it makes the blade slide on an angle and it usually destroys a head or two. All in all--not bad for $88.

But I gotta get a ring saw. I am having dreams about a wet/dry diamond coated thread saw. But it's $300. I just can't right now. I have soooooo much money wrapped in coral right now---I can't buy any more hardware.

Oh--and fumes ain't all that bad. I like to be dizzy.

Get any more micro morphs lately???

I should be getting Blue berry tommorrow.

You better save me a Eden for trading B)

Ya labs are very good dogs...and I understand about all the new laws...

of course which suck to me.

But I understand about the sour apples...my Rott has been trained well...makes

a big difference.

I wondered about the width of cuts with bandsaw...damn tile cutter is large enough!!

Izzue

Just when I think you can't impress me any more. You do something like this. I want to be your neighboor.

Just when I think you can't impress me any more. You do something like this. I want to be your neighboor.

I wish you were my neighbor. :naughtydance:

Get any more micro morphs lately???

I should be getting Blue berry tommorrow.

You better save me a Eden for trading B)

I wondered about the width of cuts with bandsaw...damn tile cutter is large enough!!

Izzue

I am getting 5 new ones tomorrow!! And then 2 next week....

The width of the bandsaw cut isn't real bad---definitely more narrow than the tile saw. The dremel is the thinnest thing of all.

And I got you an Eden. ;)

Thank you, but I would sneek in your house at night and rob you blind. I think the best distraction would be if I only had my birthday suit on that way if you got up in the middle of the night I would sureprise you and you hopefull would not see the buckets of coral. J/K.

Oh I would see the buckets alright.... ;)

I broke in the frag pad a little tonight--My t-shirt will tell you that it was only about 10-12 frags.

IMG_5176.jpg

Look at these cool micros that I unearthed from my tub (in the back). I sold some littler ones than this on ebay last week. These are the bigger version. THere are 3 heads--but a small one is kinda hidden. I think ebayers will dig em--I do.

IMG_5183.jpg

I definitely do---and it smells real bad there too. :lol:

I just told my wife that I definitely need an air freshener in there.

Iz---you said about the fumes---you ain't kidding. I popped into some dried super glue on a piece and it smoked like crazy. It made my eyes tear and it burned my nose. I left the man tent to get some air--cuz it sure wasn't clearing on its own.

Still no one has suggestions or pics for me to hang up?

Well how about the center folds from play boy?

Well how about the center folds from play boy?

eh--the kids--

Funny you should say that though. As we were cleaning the garage with the dust all over---I found about 25 Playboys back from my younger days. I think I'm gonna put them on ebay this weekend. I'm pretty sure that Anna Nicole is in there. Nice--maybe I can make some money off of Anna now too!

Well then I do not know what to tell you to hang up then.

I guess find some dream coral pics and blow them up and hang them in there.

Then when you are out there working you can look up and see what you are working for.

I am not going to buy any more coral!

That didn't work. I still want to buy more coral.

I got 5 micros and some Duncans from DaveF. Tomorrow a whole load is headed here from Marvin.

I am not going to buy any more coral!!!

If I can hold off for a month or so--I will save up enough for a ring saw. It's an absolute necessity at this point for me. I must have 200+ polyps of micros.

200+ polyps....

** mental math **

wow.

A lot of them are home grown--my Joe-Maumaugh's and the striped red have multiplied like crazy. I have some polyps that have a single adult and 7-8 baby polyps growing on it. THen by the time I get to noticing it---it's got 2-3 more babies.

In my experience--once a micro settles in your tank for a month or two--BABOOM!!!

Archived