Coral Vue Hydros

Party at my place--BYOD-Bring your own Dremel!

mvite

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I appreciate your help. I will take you up on it as things progress.

I have been searching sump designs online and it seems like they all have partitions. I am intimidated.

If I recall correctly, its tough to get a 30 under the stand and still have room above to work- service pumps, skimmer cup etc. I wound up with a 20 long.

As for the DIY partitions, I'm sure you can do it bud, kinda fun actually. ;)

Congrats on the new tank. Should be a fun ride I'm sure. Any ideas the focus or direction you want to take with it? Mixed reef, SPS dominant, etc?

Adam

Congrats on the new tank. Should be a fun ride I'm sure. Any ideas the focus or direction you want to take with it? Mixed reef, SPS dominant, etc?

Adam

Adam! Thanks for the 'grats! I am really looking forward to having a tank again.

I will be going with a mixed reef---less SPS than softies and LPS.

I have been thinking about it all day. My best results in tubs came when I had a remote deep sand bed and upstream fuge. I have thoughts of a drilled 30g upstream of the display. Since I am in my "man cave" in the basement, I don't have to worry so much about looks. I can build a tall stand and let gravity take care of the rest.

I am owed some cash from my past snake buyers. Once I get some o' dat munneh I am going to get 4-6 tanks for clowns. When that materializes, I will use sponge filters (that I will pre-cycle in my display!) and 10g tanks. I'm going to keep them all separate for the start. This step is months away.....

a man with a plan....that's a dangerous thein....

I disagree with one thing though....MORE SPS!!!!!!

(Or was that more cowbell???)

Adam! Thanks for the 'grats! I am really looking forward to having a tank again.

I will be going with a mixed reef---less SPS than softies and LPS.

I have been thinking about it all day. My best results in tubs came when I had a remote deep sand bed and upstream fuge. I have thoughts of a drilled 30g upstream of the display. Since I am in my "man cave" in the basement, I don't have to worry so much about looks. I can build a tall stand and let gravity take care of the rest.

I am owed some cash from my past snake buyers. Once I get some o' dat munneh I am going to get 4-6 tanks for clowns. When that materializes, I will use sponge filters (that I will pre-cycle in my display!) and 10g tanks. I'm going to keep them all separate for the start. This step is months away.....

I would suggest plumbing those 10g. into a sump. Its a PITA to running independent breeder tanks. You're going to have a hard time with water conditions due to heavy feeding, longer light cycle, and higher temps.

• 1 year later...
Builder Anthony

i hate shipping also its just basicly free corals though.in a month or two i should have 20 or so things to trade.hopefully someone will want to do one big swap

He's not really around anymore.

I have some of that stuff, but to be honest I am not terribly motivated to ship.

Hey, girl!

• 11 months later...

Archived