Pod Your Reef

Party at my place--BYOD-Bring your own Dremel!

mvite

yea that place is awesome how if you dont want the whole thing they will just cut what you want to help keep price down for you.

Sweet selection of stuff as well.

Yep--I agree. I got a better second impression with I went with you guys. It is a great deal to sell frags like they do.

They can sell a couple frags for $20 snippy snippy and then sell the colony for $80. Most times they will make much more by catering to smaller budgets.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It cracks me up how Ming the owner.. He is even saying you can cut this up and sell each head on ebay and such and make like $100 bucks. He flat out tells you to go make money off his stuff. Wich is pretty cool.

darn it man, i now have 2 of the same acros...

hows the micro treating you? pull out the microscope yet?

LOL! You have that same one???

The micro is just that! I put 1/4 of an eyedropper-full of cyclops on it---and it covered it 5 times over. Man, I can't believe I bought that!!! I have a sickness!!

Are your crabs "doin it" yet??!!!

Dudes---do you know how old we are getting? We spent 2 hours on a Friday night geekin out on coral.

Pretty good deal now that I think of it since tax is included on everything.

Sad thing is. it would probably cost ALOT less to go out on a friday night and hit bars or something.

That's true!

How sad. So----sall we say again in 2 weeks?!!! :lol:

Sure I will go back in 2weeks...I was really tempted to go back today and see those 25 new Acro pieces he had comming in

fire orange micro that is literally the size of a speck. I have had bigger zits!

:haha:

I bet its much nicer to observe than a white cell factory...lol

Glad to hear the saw has some good uses...To dang cold even in the South for

cutting coral outside...unless it warms good today...gonna wait till next weekend or maybe one night this week to brake it in.

Man my Teal Favia is in trouble...Im losing colonies around the thinest outer edge that are turning into this thick jelly of tissue...I FWD and blasted all the tissue off a couple of days ago...it had stopped but now appears to going around the bottom edge now.

Gonna try some things today and also place it in the sand bed instead of way high in the tank with much flow and lighting...I may be causing my own problem...

Izzue

Aw Izz--I hate when something starts fading and ya can't figure it out. Do you think you can cut off the bad looking tissue/bone to stop it? Is it a newer piece?

I think I have it figured out. (my saw situation, that is...)

I should have the tile saw for "macro" cuts---like getting rid of a couple inches of live rock from the bottom of a coral. And then I should have the ring saw for cuts that require more finesse or dexterity.

I should buy something soon. I easily have spent 3x that on coral recently---and this will hopefully be around a long time--as long as I don't rust them out.

I am going surfing on the ring saw right now. I may look more deeply into the lower priced model because I don't need to use it as a portable saw.

XRun...

Look back on page 9...thats the exact wet saw I bought...lOcal Harbor Frieght had it on sale for 59 bucks...

havent use it yet...so no reports yet...hopefully within the next week Ill get it out of the box and try it out.

Izzue

Thanks guys---I am still dumbfounded but I think my first purchase should be a 7" saw like those.

Then I can decide on the more intricate one. I know that guy was doing it at AW the other day 05X--but I wonder how well it would work on tiny tiny cuts. He told me that he cuts underneath the polyps of micro and then SNAPS the break clean between the heads with a screwdriver. He said he sometimes loses around the edges of the micro heads---but they round out again in about a month.

Mine will need to be fragged any day now. Plus--it's not that small.

IMG_2053.jpg

Or is it??????

IMG_2054.jpg

Here's some of my new acro under 10K. Betcha can't even tell where I snipped a premature frag.....:)

IMG_2050.jpg

IMG_2051.jpg

I tried to frag a couple of the blasto merlettis---but they are growing on these long ass tubes of calcium. The instant I try to cut or separate ANY heads with ANY tool---it shatters--so I stopped for now. Any recommendations on fraggin this would be appreciated! Here's a couple crappy frags I cut. I trimmed the calcium tube and glued em to LR because I didn't know what else to do with them after they fell off.

This one's nice enough that it's on ebay right now!

IMG_2066.jpg

Not these yet---

IMG_2068.jpg

Eek... I also bought the wrong size frag plugs this week. These could kill someone.

IMG_2063.jpg

I don't know what else to do with them so I am gonna try to cover them with montipora.

Anyone need any HUMONGOUS FRAG PLUGS??? Lemme know!!!

oops---here's a pic of those MONSTER SIZE plugs with some m. digi on them. We'll see how long it takes. My Ca reactor is kickin' right now--my alk is like 4.0-4.1 mq/l--I gotta turn it back a little---but things look great.

IMG_2190.jpg

LOL...boy that thing is small. The Acro looks nice

Yep---it lives up to the name micro!!!

I am real happy with the acro. It's a little more gray than I'd like--but I really like the texture of it and that it's stockier than others I have. I have it right under the light---so we will see what the color can shape up to. It's reflecting a little blue from the 20K side of the tub.

that new acro I got has nice blue tips on it.

I cant wait to see it under those new MH bulbs when they come in this week.

that micro will grow like a weed soon enough.

in 4 months time my to first micros went from 2 polyp frags to 12+ each.

lol still do not cover the frag plug but oh well.

they do love to feed thats for sure.

Well, I bought a saw....or shall I say saw(s).........

I was all set to buy the wet saw and then pook called me while I was driving to Home Depot. He got on about that damn band saw again....and well, I couldn't decide when I was there--so I bought em both.

For $99 I got a 9" Ryobi bandsaw and for another $10 I got the steel cutting blade.

Then for $88 I got a 7" Wet tile saw.

I am a little nervous about using them---but I guess I just gotta give it a try.

I am going to use the tile saw to "thin out" the thick pieces of rock and to make frag plugs.

I will use the band saw for cutting individual heads of acans.

Nothing like selling $250 worth of stuff on ebay---and then spending $252 at Home Depot....

I am a catalyst for commerce.....

You will fall in love with the bandsaw i bet.

the control you will have with 2 hands on the frag just seems easier in theory

Nothing like selling $250 worth of stuff on ebay---and then spending $252 at Home Depot....

I am a catalyst for commerce.....

You, sir, are a good American.

Have you had a chance to play with the new toys yet?

I am on the edge of cutting my first frag (150 watt sunpod shipped out today)

and the idea of using a dremel to cut frags with doesn't sound half as appealing as a band-saw that is bolted to my workbench for hands free operation.

Are you planning on using a metal cutting blade with that?

Have you had a chance to play with the new toys yet?

I am on the edge of cutting my first frag (150 watt sunpod shipped out today)

and the idea of using a dremel to cut frags with doesn't sound half as appealing as a band-saw that is bolted to my workbench for hands free operation.

Are you planning on using a metal cutting blade with that?

I haven't ---- I am getting ready for two weeks of on and off travel so I focused on making room in my garage for the stuff.

I think I will make an area that is partitioned off with thick plastic (my leftover 6 mil from the 9/11 terrorism paranoia...) I may just make a "booth" out of the sheeting and put the saws in there. Everything in my garage had a 1/2" layer of coral dust on it!!!!

I think I can use the tile saw on the driveway outside when I need it. The bandsaw won't be so portable.

I did buy a metal cutting blade. I have to install that before I go any further. I just don't have the time right now. Maybe in two weeks when things settle a little.

I could have hung onto that $252 for two more weeks---but that wouldn't have fulfilled my urge to spend.....

Archived