SaltCritters.com

Party at my place--BYOD-Bring your own Dremel!

mvite

I steady the dremel on my worksurface with my hand and supporting weight. Then I kinda guide the plug with my other hand.

I had brown sh!t all over my hands from holding the polyps with my fingers. IME as long as I get 1/2 mouths--I can nurture them to full polyps (plus) for a few months.

They are definitely resilient--so I am hopeful---I will get some pics up later. I looked at them this morning and all look pretty good. I think I have a total of 15 or so frags..... (It's like my Ebay 401K!!!)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MVite. Now that you've been here, I think I need to make a trip out there (and a stop at TPP on the way home) to do some damage to my wallet now. :P

MVite. Now that you've been here, I think I need to make a trip out there (and a stop at TPP on the way home) to do some damage to my wallet now. :P

I hear that---but it's a 6 hour trip for you!!

When I was fraggin last night---I kept cutting into the spot where the piece had been HEAVILY super glued---and man---the smoke nearly got me. I was wearing goggles---but the smoke made my eyes BURN! And the smell was nasty as well---very clearly smelled like something I shouldn't have been breathing in---so I tried not to---but it was under every micro I was cutting.

Didja ever wonder why there aren't a lot of WYSIWYG micro sales? They are all like "Get 2 polyps from this colony...."

Here's why!!

Here are my "named" pieces....

IMG_3969.jpg

Breaking it down a little further--

Sour Apples

IMG_3977.jpg

IMG_3979.jpg

IMG_3980.jpg

IMG_3981.jpg

The Blackjacks---

First there is a speck with NO MOUTH at all---we'll see....

IMG_3983.jpg

Then the other two

IMG_3985.jpg

IMG_3986.jpg

Here's an Eden that will be on ebay in 3 months.

IMG_3992.jpg

Ok, maybe 2 months....or a month....

Didja ever wonder why there aren't a lot of WYSIWYG micro sales? They are all like "Get 2 polyps from this colony...."

Here's why!!

Here are my "named" pieces....

IMG_3969.jpg

Breaking it down a little further--

Sour Apples

IMG_3977.jpg

IMG_3979.jpg

IMG_3980.jpg

IMG_3981.jpg

The Blackjacks---

First there is a speck with NO MOUTH at all---we'll see....

IMG_3983.jpg

Then the other two

IMG_3985.jpg

IMG_3986.jpg

Here's an Eden that will be on ebay in 3 months.

IMG_3992.jpg

Ok, maybe 2 months....or a month....

the speck might make it but the rest look fine...

I also cooked up a batch of frags of this sweet Echino that I got from Er1c over a year ago. It was our "first" time...

It's not red---but it gets that color from the cyclopeez!!

Tell me if you guys think this is worth ebaying--

IMG_3920.jpg

Whats the lighting that its under?

It's right in between my two pendants. One is a 10K and one is a 20K. The right side is 20k'ier and the left side is 10k'ier.

That sounds nice! I will list one on ebay tonight. They are meaty frags. I have to measure them to be sure. They are pie shaped--because I wanted to include at least one mouth per piece.

I should probably wait to list it---but they look fine!!

IMG_2063.jpg

you need to take better care of your tool.

LOL! It looks even worse today---it's all flaky and scabbed.

I finally found a use for ONE of those frag plugs. I weighted down a frozen pinky mouse in hot water--to feed to my snakey!!!

looks good Mark, I'll be hitting you up in a while once I get my new tank up.....

did you say you need duncan?

-Dave

LOL!! I don't think I like duncans---but I am a Dave Fason junkie!! If he says they are good---then I should get them.

Davey has a chitload--dontcha Davey???

if you decide to collect some let me know i have yellow tipped, bi-color, and lavender ones.

I went through a duncan phase a few months back lol

its possible i am over a foot taller then anyone else in my family lol joke has always been my real family was in a traveling circus

oh hey i have a new micro and acan coming tomorrow :)

I have some palys coming as well not sure if you did decide to start collecting them again or not. But if you did tomorrows shipment is going to be killer!! :D

To most, this was an ordinary Tuesday night----BUT---ME?? I got to make about 40 frags!!!

I used my band saw to cut the top off of a big rock of orange monti cap--kinda like the top off of a muffin--and I made about 12 bright orange m. cap frags. Then I did nearly the same thing with a nice piece of m. undata that I have been growing for years. I made about 15 frags with it.

Then--I had this "other" chalice that I have had. Peeps were over last night and someone wanted to buy it--and called it a "watermelon" chalice---what would you say? I say--I made 7 meaty 1"+ frags from that mutha....

IMG_4115.jpg

IMG_4112.jpg

Yous gotta check out my Aussie acan--it's starting to get it's "wood" (or maybe that's me!!)

IMG_4344.jpg

IMG_4358.jpg

IMG_4356.jpg

I had to carve it because it was crashing---no doubt. But it's eating like a champ and even though it's under 20K right now---once they start to bud---WOO HOO!!

Update on some of that "other" acan I have--

IMG_4342.jpg

Lookin pretty good!!

Here is a teeny head that I snipped off of the "special" acan I got from pookstreet--The lime striped one---This head will be very cool one day!

IMG_4331.jpg

Can any of you ID this acan for me? I paid waaaay to much for it from some douche---so I have to grow it to get some cash back. I carved the heads out of the rock and I am going to put an epoxy "donut" ledge around them so that they have something to grow on. I have had them for a couple weeks and they are doing fine. The douche said they were acanthastrea hemprichii--but me no think so.

IMG_4328.jpg

IMG_4330.jpg

I am trying to stay months ahead of myself with coral. I have stuff at all different stages of development right now. I am phasing down with some SPS and ramping UP with cool LPS.

I am also ramping up with bubble algae--and something TOTALLY new to me---HAIR ALGAE. I feed soooo much---I should cut down. I just feel like power feeding will make them grow.

I am finding out that good light works really well for LPS just like SPS. I don't have anything conclusive--but as I have slowly moved some of my micros and acans closer to my light---they have shown better growth. I just can't stop feeding!!!!

Archived