Pod Your Reef

The Stoney Waters Experience

stoney waters

Not too much to update other than I have added a media reactor to the sump. I am still looking for some premium rock. I found out yesterday that Premium Aquatics will not be getting any Marshall Isl rock until at least January. I have decided to go with Marco rock, I talked to Marc and he will be sending some cherry pic pictures soon. This is some of the nicest rock I've seen. It is dead rock but as you can see, I'm in no hurry.

I also experienced my first minor emergency. I was walking down the stairs and noticed wet carpet around the stand :o. I ran over to the cabinet and opened the doors. I saw that the sump had drained down and overflowed the tank. A quick diagnosis revealed that a snail had gone over the overflow and into the durso. It got wedged in the drain adjusting ball valve causing about five gallons to overflow. Funny thing is I always meant to fix the problem but never got around to it. Any way it is fixed now, live and learn.

Little bastage. I put him in the fuge for thirty days in the hole.

IMG_2367.jpg

It wont happen again.

IMG_2368.jpg

same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stoney waters
I cant wait to see it when its finished!

You might be waiting for a long time ;)

I found my first spots of coralline on my marco rock. There is no stopping it now.

IMG_3174.jpg

Some new additions.

IMG_3187.jpg

ID Please?

IMG_3182-1.jpg

FTS

IMG_3178.jpg

Wonderful new pics--that fts is gorgeous!

That new euphyllid and--I'm guessing--little open brain?--add some really nice color to the middle front.

Turbinaria are fast becoming one of my favorite corals--they just really seem to stand out.

--Diane

• 2 weeks later...
stoney waters

Thanks Diane, I hope like your tank it can endure the test of time. Congratulations! I can't think of a more deserving tank.

Nothing better to do on a 2 degree day.

IMG_3219.jpg

IMG_3214.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

IMG_3199.jpg

wow! nice additions. I'm loving the zoa frags. I want one of those red blue dotted shrooms looks sick!

+1 BTW where did you get the reflector metal...

wow! nice additions. I'm loving the zoa frags. I want one of those red blue dotted shrooms looks sick!

+1 BTW where did you get the reflector metal...the DIY reflectors kick a$$

stoney waters

I bought it on an ebay auction about ten years ago. It has turned out to be on of the best purchases I have made in this hobby. I think I paid about $25 shipped for a 5' x 2' sheet. I have used it to make some 48" reflectors for VHO's, a behind the glass fuge light for my Nano-Cube and the reflectors for this current project, and still have plenty left for future projects... But don't get me started ;)

I bought it on an ebay auction about ten years ago. It has turned out to be on of the best purchases I have made in this hobby. I think I paid about $25 shipped for a 5' x 2' sheet. I have used it to make some 48" reflectors for VHO's, a behind the glass fuge light for my Nano-Cube and the reflectors for this current project, and still have plenty left for future projects... But don't get me started ;)

Everything is looking great Stoney.

Since you mentioned it, How is that Nano-Cube of yours?? Are you still thinking of re starting it?

As I have said before I am a big fan of that Cube. It is the first thread I remember reading after finding NR.com and has been a great inspiration to me. Thank You for that by the way. :)

stoney waters
Since you mentioned it, How is that Nano-Cube of yours?? Are you still thinking of re starting it?

Yeah, I have been messing round with the aqua-scaping, what do ya think?

IMG_2370.jpg

Top Secret reflector material found randomly on e-bay....sweet!

Maybe this was surplus from the Roswell alien space ship?!?! LOL

Come to think of it the return address read only "51"

That must explain why the whole fixture levitates when the halides kick on. Weird.

stoney waters

Honestly, I have not seen it since I put it in the tank. Thats not to say that it is gone, it just may be in hiding. I have a neon pseudochromis that is the spawn of Satan. I have been trying to capture this fish for weeks now.

Yeah, I have been messing round with the aqua-scaping, what do ya think?

IMG_2370.jpg

Nice. I never figured you for a bare bottom guy, but hey to each his own.

Do you get any spill over from your fuge light ? :huh:

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived