SaltCritters.com

The Stoney Waters Experience

stoney waters

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stoney waters
What kind of light spread are you getting with those reflectors? I'm considering a retro fit myself for my next project but need an idea of spread and how close I could get the lights to the water without heat becoming an issue? Thoughts?

I was happy with the spread from the beginning. I think these type of shop lights are designed to be more of a flood than a spot and since I was using two of them over the tank spread was never a concern. My lights are about 7" over the water and heat is not an issue. My temps only fluctuate 1 degree during the day, I think it might be because it is such an open air fixture. Heat might be more of a problem if the lights were concealed inside a canopy.

stoney waters
Hi stoney waters, that's a cute nice pic and I think it qualify for this month photo contest. I will sure place my vote on it! :happy:

OK, which one guys.

IMG_3443.jpg

IMG_3513.jpg

And give me some title ideas.

Needreefunds
OK, which one guys.

IMG_3443.jpg

IMG_3513.jpg

And give me some title ideas.

First pic.

" mobile macro"

" have macro, will travel "

" singin' in the rain...."

It's an employee of Astrea Aquascapes Inc. :rolleyes:

Sorry Stoney, too many beers while doing yard work tonight. Best I can do right now. :lol:

CarterNichols

"ninja snail, you think you se- oh, never mind, just flowers."

I just read your entire thread and i must say you really set the bar for designing and building your tank from the ground up. very impressive, very clean, i applaud you.

-Carter

• 2 weeks later...
stoney waters

Yeah, I bet Customs would have an issue with that.

I usually don't wear gloves when working in my tank, but after seeing all the critters that were falling out I decided to do so. I found a bristle worm the size of a pencil and numerous odd little crabs. It was really creeping me out.

• 1 month later...
beachboy_ss

I just spent the last 3 hours reading your thread and wanted to say WOW!!!! Thank you for such a detailed thread and it was very inspirational. Thanks again. :D

So I started reading this thread about an hour or so ago... my wife kept telling me I need to go to bed but I kept telling her just one more page. Anyhow, she's asleep and I've just subscribed so I can keep up with your progress.

I don't have the time to point out all the cool stuff that I just saw over the last 17 pages but I will say thanks for taking the time to document it all. Awesome stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived