Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Stoney Waters Experience

stoney waters

stoney waters

Thanks Maeda.

The overflow is whisper quiet as well as the main return pump and skimmer. The only noticeable hum comes from the closed loop pump, but its not too bad.

I usually mix 20 gallons at a time which means about 10 cups of salt. I have tried using a large premeasured container but found I would have to use a smaller cup to fill the large one, especially when salt gets low in the box. I just use a two cup measurer. I have considered building a robotic toy backhoe to automatically add the salt. :P

Thanks for the links I love that kind of stuff.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have considered building a robotic toy backhoe to automatically add the salt. :P

Build me a robot to make saltwater and I will love you forever and ever.

OK, so I just found this topic. On the first page I see it was started Dec 28 2006, 12:24 AM. So I figure I would start reading and thought how great it would look at the last post. I feel like I just TiVo'd the whole season of my favotrite TV show, only to find out the season finale has not aired yet! It was GREAT reading though.

AWESOME job Stoney! Can't wait to see the rocks in it. If I ever get out of my condo and into a house, I can only hope to have a setup as nice as this. Tagging along now...

stoney waters
I feel like I just TiVo'd the whole season of my favotrite TV show, only to find out the season finale has not aired yet! It was GREAT reading though.

Sorry, At least there is no hiatus :)

There is more to come. I have been feeding the marco rock ammonia and tests show it is bringing it down to low levels over a couple days. As soon as it can preform this cycle in 12 hrs, I am going to start adding pieces to the main tank. Maybe sooner than I expected.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, just looked over the entire thread, wicked looking system. I plan on going to a 40 breeder, wont be as alaborate as this one, but I plan for the display to turn heads regardless ;)

Can't wait to see this thing fully stocked with a year of growth!

stoney waters

Thanks TJ.

I remember reading your thread ( back when it had pictures) it was one that motivated me to start my first nano. Glad to see you are back in business.

My show rock is now fully cycled and I have added the first piece to my tank. I plan on adding a little bit at a time while keeping eye on my params. I will get some FTS up soon.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Thanks TJ.

I remember reading your thread ( back when it had pictures) it was one that motivated me to start my first nano. Glad to see you are back in business.

My show rock is now fully cycled and I have added the first piece to my tank. I plan on adding a little bit at a time while keeping eye on my params. I will get some FTS up soon.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Wow, I am suprised someone remembered! :lol:

I am glad to hear it was my handywork that helped motivate you to start this masterpiece, I can tell you now that this thread gave me the spunk to pick up my 40 breeder tonight (It's actually sitting right behind me) so I will have to start a 2nd Back in Business thread soon with a better log of my build. I will link it for you whenever I get it going.

Cheers mate!

P.s. ( I am trying to figure out how to get the files off my old laptop so I can repost the pics on the forum from my 20g... Unfortunatly the laptop's floppy drive is busted, and there is no burner, also to hinder things - it doesn't accept external hard drives or usb keys...)

wow... you are the diy king, man... I really like your approach of handling this tank.

Quick get your fts up! We are waiting... Enjoy your turducken meanwhile!

My daughter said to me tonight, "Dad you have a cool hobby".

Great sign! You're bringing her up right! :D

IMG_2598.jpg

IMG_2602.jpg

Sweet! Most unique 'scape! It's going to look very cool to see some fish swimming through those pinnacles. Boy, that light set-up is just so attractive!

--Diane

I recieved my MH order earlier last month and finished wiring the control panel.

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

It works!

IMG_1368.jpg

im looking for a similar electrical enclosure to house some of my equipment as well. Could you tell me what category or what search keywords you used to find something like that on ebay? TIA.

I love the Aquascape,The lights, The tank oh ya and the fish. I looks amazing as always.

So when are you booking a flight to my house to build my tank??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO REALLY IT LOOKS GREAT!

stoney waters

Thanks everyone.

I have a small change planned for the scape, but I am happy with the start.

siwelk, I searched for a while everywhere before I found the ideal box on Ebay. Just search electrical enclosure in all categories. Here is a good start. http://search.ebay.com/electrical-enclosur...dZm37QQfromZR40

TJ, I chose to use 1/2 returns to keep the loc-line less visible under the trim. I guess I could have gotten a little more flow if I used 3/4" for the closed loop but I have no complaints the mag 7 really pushes it through. If I were to do it again I would go with 3/4".

Thanks everyone.

I have a small change planned for the scape, but I am happy with the start.

siwelk, I searched for a while everywhere before I found the ideal box on Ebay. Just search electrical enclosure in all categories. Here is a good start. http://search.ebay.com/electrical-enclosur...dZm37QQfromZR40

TJ, I chose to use 1/2 returns to keep the loc-line less visible under the trim. I guess I could have gotten a little more flow if I used 3/4" for the closed loop but I have no complaints the mag 7 really pushes it through. If I were to do it again I would go with 3/4".

thanks stone!

stoney waters

Thanks Brian, I'm glad I have finally reached this stage.

I was bored and since it will be a while before I add any more live stock, I thought I would screw around with my camera.

IMG_2610.jpg

IMG_2629.jpg

IMG_2628.jpg

IMG_2617.jpg

I've only had this ric for three weeks and it's already popping out babies.

IMG_2608.jpg

Archived