Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Stoney Waters Experience

stoney waters

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dangit!!!

I know you're right, becasue a month after setting up the 26g bowfront, I started craving a 20l SPS tank.

Obsessed Reefer

Looks good. That control box...... Looks..... Like it could launch some attacks on a small 3rd world country. lol

Cant wait to see it stocked

stoney waters

lol. Its funny you say that. My wife told me that if I post pics on the internet the FBI might come knocking at the door.

Thanks.

stoney waters

I started drilling the holes in the main tank, and I'm waiting on materials to make the internal overflow.

I did finish with the sump.

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

stoney waters

I thought I'd share my experience with thermoforming.

I used 1/4" ABS, it's a little easier to work with than acrylic.

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

Still waiting on some plumbing fittings. I really want to get this tank drilled so I can install this thing.

-Stone

stoney waters
WINNAR +6

What MH ballasts are you using, and where can I get me one a' those disconnect cables?

The ballasts are by Sunpark. They are reasonably priced and seem well built.

http://www.sunpkco.com/catalog/product_inf...4b70f3bc6395012

I get most of my electronic stuff from Allied. Its a good place for fans also.

http://www.alliedelec.com/Catalog/Indices/...5B3FE8067B5617F

stoney waters

Finished drilling holes for the bulkheads and installed the overflow. I also received the bulkheads yesterday but one of them is missing a seal. Nice... I forgot what a PITA it is acquiring all the necessary plumbing fittings. Most are not available locally and no on-line store has everything I need.

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

I guess I can paint the back next.

stoney waters

I picked it up at a plastic fabrication shop in Peoria. I cant remember the name offhand. I like it, it has a small texture to it like the back wall of my Nano-Cube. It doesn't reflect alot of light and coralline grows easily on it.

Thanks for the info. If you can think of the name of the place let me know.

I have come up with a DIY idea that I can't quite figure out how to put together because I lack the electrical know how. It might be something that would interest you. From the looks of your electrical mods, I bet you would have a solution. Rather than completely hijack your thread, I'll just partially hijack it and show you the DIY thread I just posted...

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=109789

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Lookin' good! I love the overflow you made. I'll have to remember that for my next tank.

Don't know if I already said this, but your stand is awesome looking.

stoney waters
Lookin' good! I love the overflow you made. I'll have to remember that for my next tank.

Don't know if I already said this, but your stand is awesome looking.

Thanks again halfpint. The stand isn't particularly ornate, but it turned out pretty nice. I think the stain choice was key, the two colors look good together. I built one just like it out of maple for a 90 gallon, this one is just pine and aspen but I like it better.

This looks great, Stoney! I think your going to have some nice surface agitation and any surface scum is going to shoot right into the overflow. ;) Nice JoB!!

What is holding/supporting this plumbing in place?

img1553bqx2.jpg

Also, are these two more outlets? What are you going to attach to this piece of loc-line? Another flare?

img1553ceq4.jpg

I'm trying to learn about plumbing to a sump. I haven't quite figured it all out. I understand that water goes into the overflow and down the plumbing into the sump and it gets pumped back up to the display, but I'm not sure how you get four return to the display.

stoney waters

There is nothing holding the Locline up. The stuff is very rigid, its not going to move.

Actually there will be only two returns from the sump. The far outside returns are for a closed loop. There are two bulkheads inside the overflow, the one on the bottom is the drain for a Durso standpipe it will drain into the sump and be pumped back though the two center returns. The other is for a closed loop. I plan on attaching a mag drive and recirculating through a squid to the two outside returns. At least thats what my current plan is.

Oh, stallen... I did take your advise and use some steel wire to hang the light. It looks much cleaner. I'll get some pics up soon.

Archived