inTank Media Baskets

The Singapore Green Tank

Duncan

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
travisurfer

yeah, i really should start working on some new photos. i just realized that i haven't posted an updated fts in months. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the nice words, ladies/guys! musthaveitall, I afraid it is quite impossible for me to ship them (SPPE) since we are like, half a globe apart from each other.

I've been using phosguard for quite a while and finally, I saw some major goodness. My sand used to be covered with patches of diatom and I always have to siphon them out like every 2 weeks. Since 3 weeks ago, my sand has been pearly white and I did no sand siphoning.

I supposed it was the effects of the phosguard since I haven't done any other changes else. 1 bad thing about it, is that my macro algae had completely died off.

And since 2 weeks ago, tiny filter-feeders are popping up everywhere. Is that a sign of excess nutrient or a sign of a mature tank? Anyway, I'm happy to see those feeders 'cos it means my tank got quite a bit of micro food for the cauliflower I got in there.

I went shopping!

Pink zoas... have a ring of green between the skirts and the pink ring. I couldn't capture it on the camera.

DSCF1111.jpg

Crocea... not the prettiest clam in the lfs, but it is the only one I can afford.

DSCF1113.jpg

2 baby clowns from my other tank. They host every single frogspawn and hammer in the tank. They've been diving in and out of my Euphyllia forest since day 1.

DSCF1123.jpg

And a fts... I did not clean up my sand this round before taking the picture. lol

DSCF1119.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thanks, travisurfer! The clowns are having fun while I'm quite worried for my euphyllia species for polyps receding. Kind of like a parent-worried-for-child-who-is-out-to-the-real-world thing. lol

thanks, guys. :)

I'm collecting the colorful zoas to fill up the little spaces here and there. Otherwise, the tank looks too dull with green... even the coralline algae grown on the back wall is green. lol, I'm getting a little sick of staring at the green stuff. Too much of anything is never a good thing.

time to throw in some reds and blues and yellows!

red acan red lobo blue zoas yellow zoas. :happy:

Ahh, these are expensive stuff! :lol:

cool. lately i've noticed your thread has had too many pictures in it. not enough text imo. lol :lol: i kid of course

I'm a man of few words... and you type too much! lol Looking forward to your new fts!

Looks lovely! Stylish and of unique character.

--Diane

Thank you, c est ma! :)

I saw your tank, travisurfer. Looking good!

Ahhh, I forgot this hitchhiker that came along with my pink zoas.

DSCF1136.jpg

It looks like a monti, but browned out. The flesh still have a hint of lime green and the polyps are completely browned out. I hope I'll be able to post a healthier pic of it in a couple of months' time.

Thanks, travisurfer and c est ma. The lfs boss knew about the hitchhiker sps 'cos it is 4 times as large as the pink zoa frag! But he never charge me for it. Maybe he thought it wasn't going to make it. lol, I hope I can prove him wrong.

fishes2889, green is gooood! and its cheappp too! Even my crocea is green, when view from the top. lol

fts with all the life support equipments... Not much change except for the powerhead. And a bag of phosguard + carbon in a corner.

DSCF1141.jpg

love the tank. one of the best on the site definitely. why no torch in euphyllia forest? are they too aggressive and sting the others because i always wondered if two diff species of euphylliate will sting each other (i.e. frogspawn sting hammer).

NanoClown and joesmoe517, thank you for the complements!

Torch is the most aggressive of the 3 euphyllia species. I have only heard that it will sting co-species and I don't have the guts to try it out. :lol:

Frogspawn and hammer can and will co-exist peacefully. The prove is in my tank. But torch seems to be another different kind of euphyllia all together. hth

Archived