Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Singapore Green Tank

Duncan

I think everyone needs a tiki god in there tank. I have seen quite a few already!

My 3 moai babysit the tank for me.

I think you are referring to Oogie & Travisurfer tanks... They got huge ones in theirs. :lol:

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a new cardinal, Banggai cardinal! Say hello to him!

DSCN7935.jpg

I haven't feed him anything yet, but he is already eating stuff in the water column... pods, I guessed.

Full length, including the tail fin is about 1.5 inches!

DSCN7956.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody... I really hate to update without the pics.

Thanks, pieninja, nano-clown, toomin for asking!

The bangaii is doing great except for he never develop a taste for pellets. He's stubborn and only eats mysis. I don't really like mysis as it pollutes my water. And I will have algae on the sand for days after I feed with mysis. Just last night, I noticed half of his top fins were eaten or something. It was a clean cut, it wasn't some mangled, torn fins.

I had my oldest frogspawn dying all these while, since 2 months ago. I don't know what's the reason. It was losing heads every few weeks. Just 2 days, the final 2 heads croaked, but a tiny miracle happened! There is actually a baby frogspawn spouting from one of the dead heads. I snapped off that portion and have the baby frogspawn in a low flow area.

The elegance coral is dying too. I got it into my zen garden tank for recovery. But unfortunately, there was some mighty deaths going on in that tank recently. Elegance looking worse everyday. I figured its days are numbered.

I had some coral fighting too, largely due to my fault. I placed the cup coral just 1 inch away from the Hydnophora sp. (horn coral). I underestimated the growth of the cup coral whose polyps extended well over 1 inch. Needless to say, it got stung pretty bad by the Hydnophora. The damage was quite significant for just 1 day. The burned flesh peeled off and revealed the bone ridges beneath. Since then, I re-located the cup coral to somewhere else. And just last week, new polyps were growing from the dead zone! I can't believe the regrowth is possible! And the rate of it!

All right, new corals... I told myself I must not get anymore new corals...'cos I promised my gf about it. She likes the reef tank, but she dosen't want me to be too addicted to it.

But anyway... since there were deaths, and replacement are needed... lol...

I got a branching alveopora for elegance replacement. It got those green tiny daisy flowers which, really don't ressemble any normal coral. lol. It's like putting a earth flower into a saltwater tank... hope you get what I meant.

I got new frogspawns... 2 colonies to replace the original frogspawn colony. Wait... it should be a one to one replacement, but my maths sucks big time... lol

And the latest coral is some extremely hairy mushrooms which I added like 3 days ago. I don't even know why I bought it. It is brown and ugly... perhaps subconsciously, I was hoping it would blend into the background and my lady won't find out about it. lol

That's about all. I will get some pictures up next time.

well, i hope that your tank comes back even stronger from thos deaths, i cant wait untill you post up some new pics

Did I miss something, or besides switching the two small pumps to one big one is the tank still the same way it was when first started(no skimmer, sump, etc.)?

BTW, smashing tank.

travisurfer, thanks! Tank is doing well, despite the recent deaths.

Thanks, NanoClown. Pic serving up soon! :)

Hi, seastar12. The equipments are still the same except for the powerhead. No sump, no skimmer.

I like the simplicity of the natural filtration. Thank you.

Finally I got my camera back! lol

My candycane, or trumpet ... whichever. lol

It's been with me for quite a while. Nothing much has grown, but look at the swelling of each head! Fluffy pillows overlapping everywhere.

DSCF0974.jpg

My replacement frogspawns...

My new apple green frogspawn!

DSCF0977.jpg

Another frogspawn, chocolate mint.

DSCF0993.jpg

And here the new baby spouting on the dead head of my old frogspawn. It's getting bigger everyday! woo!

DSCF0975.jpg

The daisy flower of the reef is in my tank! Alveopora, that is.

DSCF0992.jpg

You guys might be interested in this one! My "PPE" zoa!!! OMG!!!

DSCF0983.jpg

Haha... they look pretty close to the real thing eh? I shall name them Sparkling Pfff Pfff Eater! Notice that white paint splattered on the zoa? They looked horrible in person. lol

DSCF0996.jpg

I still have a huge colony of this "SPPE" in my zen tank. Going to frag them out, but I don't think there's a market for them. *sigh*

I have collected many many Euphyllia and dedicated almost the entire left island to them. Look at the result of my obsession!

DSCF0991.jpg

Yup, I know... I lost it. lol

And finally, my fts...

DSCF0984.jpg

DSCF0988.jpg

DSCF0989.jpg

Notice anything funny about moai statues?

DSCF0990.jpg

The left moai is sulking as small moai is leaning on the big moai. lol

No, I didn't move them at all... They seemed to have minds of their own.

Thanks for looking!

travisurfer

lol, doubtful. you can try to move them into lower light so that the white fades out a bit and they turn into ppe's :naughtydance:

Travisurfer, are you in nr 24/7? lol

Yeah, I have several frags scattered around in the tank. Low flow/high flow, low light/high light. All combinations included! lol

Nothing is impossible!

• 2 weeks later...
Such splendid photos.

Your sandbed can put some more corals!

Brains, Acans, Shrooms. :happy:

A clam!

Thanks! Nah, I think my tank is rather full... perhaps just 1 more... lol

yea, its summer so... :P

Yea, then get your fts up already! :P

Latest addition.... Bali Cauliflower Tree

DSCF1010.jpg

Thanks, NanoClown! Its actually more orangey in person... I know, everyone said that about their corals. lol

Anyway, I had been searching an ideal coral for that spot (where the cauliflower is) for ages. It's high flow and shaded, meaning little lights. Got a few corals before this coral, they didn't make it and now ended up in my other tank. haha...I know... just ranting... :rant:

musthaveitall

Do you want to get rid of some of your SPPE???? Just wondering I have a place for a small frag if you want to get rid of some. PM me if you have any you want to get rid of.

THANKS

Clint

Archived