Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Singapore Green Tank

Duncan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just had my molar removed, the one right at the very end of my left lower dental. And I didn't get any sleep last night due to the insane dental hammering toothache. Now, I really need to sleep. Here's the pictures which I just taken a while ago.

DSCN7528.jpg

DSCN75292.jpg

DSCN7540.jpg

DSCN7544.jpg

DSCN7545.jpg

DSCN7547.jpg

DSCN7548.jpg

DSCN7552.jpg

Wow, Duncan, those are gorgeous pics!! I especially love the second from the top--an orange plate, right?--the nem, and the fts's, especially that last one. Looks like your tank is just floating in air, and that rockscape with the two "cliffs" and the passage between them is so striking.

My weird looking plate. A freebie from lfs, it was just about a tiny button size when it came and now it spans almost 4 inches in diameter. The little calcium sucka. lol

DSCN7860.jpg

Thanks for looking!

What great growth! A freebie?--lucky you! Fungiids are one of my all-time favorites!

--Diane

c est ma, those are very kind words and thank you and thanks to travisurfer too!

Yes, it's an orange plate and I'd say it's the best looking coral in my tank. But nems are still my favorite. I've been feeding big chunky meats to the nems and they still won't split! *arrgh*

About that freebie, haha... sometimes, there are loose tiny tiny corals in the lfs tank that nobody will buy. The plate was so small that the lfs employee can't even see it when it was just within an inch to the front glass. Then he said, "Heck! Give you lah! So small you also want it." lol

I wanted to enter for the night-time photo contest but my camera battery died off for the night before I could get my picture perfect shot. Here's a couple of the failed pictures.

A bunch of zoas

DSCN7890.jpg

and the close-up

DSCN7893.jpg

I finally sold all my hammers... but I don't feel good selling them. They were my first coral for this tank and lived the longest. I hope the guy who adopted them take really good care of my babies. Time for my new theme, nems + zoas tank! Come on~ split nem split! :lol:

Some last pictures of them for memory's sake.

DSCN7908.jpg

DSCN7910.jpg

Finally I arrived at what I promised myself earlier, an anemone & zoa only tank. The only exception is the short tentacle plate which I can't really part with...

Look! I got chaeto! It is snugged behind the rock so that His Messiness won't disfigure my aquascape. :P

DSCN7931.jpg

fts... did you notice that my big ugly seio ph is gone? I replaced it with my old ehiem canister. See the trademark ehiem green lily pipe near the prizm skimmer. I plunged the pump intake into the surface skimmer as well, for extra surface skimming. I'm not running any medium in the can, merely using it as a external pump. Not that the seio was bad, it was just attracting too many eyeballs over. Plain ugly...

DSCN7946.jpg

Bunch of zoas pictures...

DSCN7920.jpg

DSCN8022.jpg

DSCN8029.jpg

DSCN8032.jpg

One of my rosy anemones... Come on... split for daddy... haha

DSCN8036.jpg

My baby fungia that's forever growing, the locals called it tiger fungia. Probably due to tiger stripes.

DSCN8038.jpg

Orange plate... picture is a little washed-out...

DSCN8056.jpg

Another fts...

DSCN8062.jpg

A night shot of my tiger fungia, I'm entering this picture for the nighttime photo contest. Hope everybody likes it. :lol:

DSCN8074.jpg

Thanks for looking!

wow!

that's looking really natural. sort of like shalloW tidepool areas where zoa mats and nems tend to gather. i really like the look of that rock as well, with single polyps here and there. your old tank was very nice, but this has such a natural look to it... just wanted to say, VERY WELL DONE!!

awesome shots of your tank!

split anemone split!

I think the anemones are getting too comfy to split... anyone tried the poking method? Thanks, man! Credits to the camera!

wow!

that's looking really natural. sort of like shalloW tidepool areas where zoa mats and nems tend to gather. i really like the look of that rock as well, with single polyps here and there. your old tank was very nice, but this has such a natural look to it... just wanted to say, VERY WELL DONE!!

Thanks for the compliment, MrAnderson! I kind of dig this look better than my old tank look. Used to gather all sorts of corals and cramped them together. Now, everything is better spaced and plenty of room for growth. The anemones are free to roam without me fearing the stinging problem. I wondered why the zoas are okay with the nem stinging though...

The patches of hair algae are getting bigger but I'm okay with it as long as it don't get too wild. I'm an algae lover. lol

At some point, I realized I'd never posted in this thread, even though it's one of my favorite tanks :wacko:

I LOVE YOUR TANK DUNCAN. One day I'm gonna visit Singapore and randomly knock on your door...be prepared ;)

Thanks, dshnarw!

Come on over then, I will bring you around all the lfs instead of sightseeing. Haha, I don't really know much tourist hotspots here.

Finally I arrived at what I promised myself earlier, an anemone & zoa only tank. The only exception is the short tentacle plate which I can't really part with...

Look! I got chaeto! It is snugged behind the rock so that His Messiness won't disfigure my aquascape. :P

DSCN7931.jpg

fts... did you notice that my big ugly seio ph is gone? I replaced it with my old ehiem canister. See the trademark ehiem green lily pipe near the prizm skimmer. I plunged the pump intake into the surface skimmer as well, for extra surface skimming. I'm not running any medium in the can, merely using it as a external pump. Not that the seio was bad, it was just attracting too many eyeballs over. Plain ugly...

DSCN7946.jpg

Bunch of zoas pictures...

DSCN7920.jpg

DSCN8022.jpg

DSCN8029.jpg

DSCN8032.jpg

One of my rosy anemones... Come on... split for daddy... haha

DSCN8036.jpg

My baby fungia that's forever growing, the locals called it tiger fungia. Probably due to tiger stripes.

DSCN8038.jpg

Orange plate... picture is a little washed-out...

DSCN8056.jpg

Another fts...

DSCN8062.jpg

A night shot of my tiger fungia, I'm entering this picture for the nighttime photo contest. Hope everybody likes it. :lol:

DSCN8074.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Wow. I looked over here to rob some pics for my thread (to answer you!!) and did not realize you had added so much more! (Where are my email notifications? :angry: )

More amazing pictures!

Everything's still looking super, Duncan, despite all the changes you put them through...Everything that's left, that is. :lol: Interesting new community--sounds like everyone's fascinated with 'nems nowadays. Hmmm..

Can't wait for the next installment! Nice job.

--Diane

c'est ma, thank you for the kind words! That's all the stuff I left in the tank for now. Sorry, lfs, I won't be visiting you all... at least for a couple of months. :P

Everybody is nem crazy nowadays... time to ride on the bandwagon!

arwndsh, copying is the biggest compliment! Go ahead, I will be flattered. :lol:

Well, make sure you guys come in a single tour group and not in waves! j/k

I need to start making the NR tour flag now!

I am a lucky bastard!!!

Nem almost crawled into overflow intake when I got home yesterday! Had I been late for just another 10 minutes... I can't imagine the outcome. lol

All my intakes are not covered, and they are still not covered yet! *cross fingers*

stoney waters

You better get started nem-proofing or you will be kicking yourself in the butt later.

The tank really does look cleaner with the seio gone.

Finally able to set my mind at ease. I wrapped the overflow teeth with a ring of elastic mesh. The blue mesh don't really match with the equipments, but so is the awkward green pipe. :lol:

Above the waterline...

DSCN8075.jpg

And below...

DSCN8077.jpg

safety precautions is needed,

whatever it may be.

Yeah, that's right, and I went without it for like 2 months? lucky me that I caught that little bugger in time. :P

YAY FOR MESH!!

YAY YAY YAY! Seriously, have your mini carpets climbed to hazzarous spots? :lol:

did you notice you lost your surface skimming abilities with that mesh?

Nope, it worked perfectly fine for me. I did tried a ring of cut-up pantyhose. It was too dense, causing the siphon to break due to insufficent flow. The mesh is large enough for proper flow and small enough to prevent nem accident. Are you thinking of covering up your intakes?

I actually tried doing that before. i used window mesh so it might be a little more dense than yours. it would clog up easily and it doesnt skim the surface all that well.

Archived