inTank Media Baskets

The Singapore Green Tank

Duncan

krikor, I think you might be talking about stomatella snails. They are beneficial algae grazers and multiply like rabbits.

Hey i looked it up and it seems like i have stomatella snails. Are these ok, should i not touch them?

here is a pic, there are the same ones in my tank, so far i seen like three of them.

stomatella.jpg

note the little shell on its back lol, thats what i was talking about.

BY THE WAY AWSOME TANK DUNCAN

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Current rockscape looks kinda boring and thought a full makeover would be nice.

The new look I had in mind is a canyon running through some mountainous rocks. The rocks will be placed close to the walls, which means I won't be able to scrape the back and the side walls anymore. It sounds like a good thing to me... :happy:

Here's the new look!

The back wall and one of the side wall are black now, for a sense of front-to-back depth perception where the canyon is.

DSCN7834.jpg

Left side view. I'd have corals hidden at the back, so that there're stuff to explore when looking at different angles.

DSCN7838.jpg

View from the bottom right.

DSCN7846.jpg

My school of cardinals. Placing the rocks right next to the walls means the fishes can't hide at the back anymore. They are always out at the front porch now. :)

DSCN7876.jpg

New addition, neon-green short tentacle plate

DSCN7882.jpg

And candy canes!

DSCN7881.jpg

And my fts...

DSCN7878.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thanks, willyboy! This new rockscape also has more spaces for new coral... $$$ good or bad? :D

Thanks, Travis! Maybe I should do a makover every 6 months. I'm not sure if they are glass cardinal, liveaquria goes by a different name, longspine cardinal

p_90101.jpg

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...cfm?pCatId=1428

My lfs calls them blue-eye. I guess glass cardinal sounds fitting, 'cos the body is translucent. hehe

Yeah, there are several different names for them. Those are some cool fish, I may have to give a few of them a try.

• 2 weeks later...

I had huge diatom bloom for the past few days. So I did a 2 days lights off and did a water change this morning.

Look at the results...! Diatom turned fade and was easily scrapped off.

DSCN7892.jpg

Side shot... On the left, Euphyllia Island!

DSCN7895.jpg

3 wise men

DSCN7899.jpg

guardians of the hidden valley

DSCN7902.jpg

And my latest addition (at the left of the tank)... bought from a local reefer

I called it chocolate mint octo frogspawn!

DSCN7900.jpg

My sand needs a clam!

still looking great :)

thank you! i'm still missing a clam!

Man, your tank is too cool :)

thank you! i'm glad i changed my rockscape.

clean.... :)

thank you! i read the rc thread about no lights for 3 days and i did 2 days and it really works! Save on electric bills too.

My latest sps investment... Pavona Decussatus or catus coral

DSCN7909.jpg

Did I get the identification correct this time? :mellow:

I like your FTS! :happy:

hehe... Thanks, man! We have to meet up to do some lfs excursions, it's been a while!

love it..

Thanks..!

Wow it looks like you clean your glass as much as I do. VERY clean tank, looks great!

Thank you. Haha, I don't clean it too often. But once I get started, I'll make sure I scrap every corner. Do you get a bugging feeling when you think are done cleaning, and sit back with a can of beer, and then notices that 1mm of algae on the glass? :P

Well, I did something stupid 2 nights ago and like to make a confession. All this while, I got a sexy shrimp munching on my corals, particularly zoas and injured frogspawns. Then I got this idea of siphoning it out with a 1/2 inch rubber pipe.

The shrimp was on a hammer frag and I got my pipe aim at him. I released the pressure, and alas! The siphon strength was so strong that it ripped some tentacles out! And worse, the sexy was still perched on the hammer.

I managed to drive the sexy to an open space and siphoned him out finally. He is in my q-tank now.

The hammer frag was in a bad shape for a few hours but recovered and opened up, save for the torn portion which remained closed. I'm still quite upset with myself. Stupid me! :angry:

Archived