Cultivated Reef

EZ II

ezcompany

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How come you guys don't owe me beer?

I'm guna show up to the meet drunk and have pizza on my breath.

21st right?

Yes, sir! The 21st!

bubblethumper

I dunno how you get such amazing colouration out of your corals. I get growth, but I'm STILL (after 6 months) chasing you in terms of color. :angry:

My new 30 Gal has much more potential though. It doesn't have the growth that my nano-cube has, but the colors are already better.

Oh, and kudos on that tyree sunset. Mine almost died (was going to throw it out), but now it's starting to come back.

Keep up the good work EZ!

img4781gq0.jpg

img4790ud8.jpg

img4788ef9.jpg

I dunno how you get such amazing colouration out of your corals. I get growth, but I'm STILL (after 6 months) chasing you in terms of color. :angry:

My new 30 Gal has much more potential though. It doesn't have the growth that my nano-cube has, but the colors are already better.

Oh, and kudos on that tyree sunset. Mine almost died (was going to throw it out), but now it's starting to come back.

Keep up the good work EZ!

thanks bubble! these pics are a bit more vivid than it actual looks cuz i touched the white balance a bit. and the sunset isn't a tyree, in fact i don't know where it originates from but i love the color~

i'm actually having some dead spots in terms of flows thats causing some problems. my hydorflos stopped turning and i have no idea why, so i have no means of random flow in my tank anymore. i'm thinking of switching bulbs to 10ks ^^

ez,

what do you do about the dead spot in the area, in the right back corner...i know in my tank i seem to have good flow throughout all areas but that area. well to be honest, both back corners.

do you think mj900-1200 on hydor would benifit my tank, same setup as yours with 2 tunze nanostreams. isnt the water bouncing off the glass random enough... i have the flow crossing paths and bounching, much pointed in the same direction as your streams.

and, im almost done with my instant ocean bucket. about enough for 20-30more gallons. What do you notice different about Tropic marin, with instant ocean im getting about 8.0-8.1ph, 5-6dkh, 340ppm calcium... what are youres out of box. Ive been battling ca/alk for a while now, and since i need to buy some, i wanna see if you think tropic marin is good, never used it before.

jared

Ok, I can't hold it in any longer. What is that coral in your avatar, do you own it, and if so, where did you find it? I must have it.

P.S. This tank reminds me a lot of Tigah's, it looks stellar.

ez,

what do you do about the dead spot in the area, in the right back corner...i know in my tank i seem to have good flow throughout all areas but that area. well to be honest, both back corners.

do you think mj900-1200 on hydor would benifit my tank, same setup as yours with 2 tunze nanostreams. isnt the water bouncing off the glass random enough... i have the flow crossing paths and bounching, much pointed in the same direction as your streams.

and, im almost done with my instant ocean bucket. about enough for 20-30more gallons. What do you notice different about Tropic marin, with instant ocean im getting about 8.0-8.1ph, 5-6dkh, 340ppm calcium... what are youres out of box. Ive been battling ca/alk for a while now, and since i need to buy some, i wanna see if you think tropic marin is good, never used it before.

jared

I have no absolute dead spots, there is at least a little flow in all areas. Even if I do have dead spots i wouldn't care too much as the skimmer would take care of nitrates for the most part.

I think the mjs will benefit your tank definitely, but my hydors have stopped turning for some odd reason.

Tropic Marin has around 8-9 dkh of alk and around 340-360 ppm of calcium, i don't remember which. i'm running low on salt as well and am going to switch to reef crystals cuz its half the price.

Vic, the coral in my avatar is a pink lemonade, and i don't have it, i'm still searching for it. lmk if you locate one.

Cesar, quit ur yappin and set up the 40 already :D u know its gonna be killer as well!!!

StrategicReef
Tropic Marin has around 8-9 dkh of alk and around 340-360 ppm of calcium, i don't remember which. i'm running low on salt as well and am going to switch to reef crystals cuz its half the price.

Hello,

Hopefully you don't switch to reef crystals or have better luck with it than I did. The bucket I had only had 350 CA and high ALK, around 12. Ever I finished my reef crystals and switched the tropic marin pro corals color and polyps extension is improved just switching the salt, so... you do save a few bucks but I don't think it matters much for few gallons per week.

If you look for ppl's test results with reef crystals they are all over the place.

Your tank is looking awesome.

I have ditched my hydor because they get stuck with snails and take too much space, I modded my MJ900, drilled the inlet and cut the outlet and used with timer for wave making. Going with pump specs alone I am running about 92X circulation. My pumps are: 2 MJ900 2 Nano streams and a PanWorld for the chiller. The current gets rather randomized by the surface agitation.

those SPS that are picky about current all opened up better than ever... I guess no need to get 4 nano streams :P

yeah, i've had people telling me they have solid testings with RC, and some saying 12 ALK, and some saying it just plain sucked. thx for the tip~

any shots of your tank?

That sunset monti is DA BOMB!!! :)

Let me know when you frag it - I'll take out a 2nd mortgage. Lol.

Stan

Stan! its been awhile! if you have a chance email Vicky, she's been battling cancer lately! or add her on facebook!

Stan! its been awhile! if you have a chance email Vicky, she's been battling cancer lately! or add her on facebook!

Yeah, I heard about Vicky. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Did she remember me? I was pretty shy back in those days. Lol. :lol:

What's facebook?

Stan

Yeah, I heard about Vicky. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Did she remember me? I was pretty shy back in those days. Lol. :lol:

What's facebook?

Stan

a way to keep in touch with old alumnis etc. u shud try it, its a pretty good networking tool! i will mention your name next time i talk to her :)

Vic, the coral in my avatar is a pink lemonade, and i don't have it, i'm still searching for it. lmk if you locate one.

Oh I've seen pics of those before... but they never looked as vibrant as that! I'll let you know if I find one for sure.

man youre spoiled! new stuff all the time! im so jealous!

anyways lets see it then.

I was gonna tell you today, i saw a 3-4inch superman monti at the lfs, i felt so bad for it. It looked way sick and undercolored. And they wanted a high 150 for it. I was like 150 for that, it looks half dead. Poor Superman! I cried for it. lol. Dude I need to make a trip to LA, you interested in selling any small 1-2inch frags of anything to help me seed my tank?

~____~ ~_____~ ~_________~ ~_______________~

new clam

~____________~ ~________~ ~__~ ~_~

Again?!? I demand pics! :D

BTW, what's my clam's name??

man youre spoiled! new stuff all the time! im so jealous!

anyways lets see it then.

I was gonna tell you today, i saw a 3-4inch superman monti at the lfs, i felt so bad for it. It looked way sick and undercolored. And they wanted a high 150 for it. I was like 150 for that, it looks half dead. Poor Superman! I cried for it. lol. Dude I need to make a trip to LA, you interested in selling any small 1-2inch frags of anything to help me seed my tank?

i may soon, i will let you know after this saturdays frag swap.

the clam isn't in picture taking condition. i bought it bleached, so i'm taking a HUGE risk in trying to nurse it back to its original coloration. i went against my logic and followed my heart lol

Archived