inTank Media Baskets

EZ II

ezcompany

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So EZ any ideas on running the Tunze Nano 9002 and a extra powerhead in the back? I see most people drill where the Tunze 9002 would go. Later Ryan

yes, they can fit. im not sure about the extra powerhead though.

Tricolor Tenius (my very first sps piece)

img4450yh0.jpg

Merging caps with a little bleached Tyree Superman Monti

img4415pt5.jpg

Baby Blue Acro (waiting for it to color up)

img4446ut5.jpg

Pokerstar Monti

img4427ru4.jpg

Sunset Monti

img4447ls2.jpg

img4451ey0.jpg

Pink Stylo

img4426jy8.jpg

My love, my heart, my soul, my left arm, my right arm

img4429wp3.jpg

img4431bi1.jpg

FTS

img4413bh1.jpg

NICE

I'm too lazy to read back a few pages, how do are you keeping up with Calcium and what brand of salt do you use and how often/much do you change?

Looks great! How old is this setup?

June 2006 is when it started.

Bulb has recently been changed to a Phoenix. I don't like it so far, it is way too blue for me. I'll give it a few weeks to burn in to its true color, also I have heard that Phoenix bulbs don't run good on electronic ballasts, and my PAR values will be lower than when compared to a magnetic. I was gonna post more pics but N-R wouldn't let me lol

NICE

I'm too lazy to read back a few pages, how do are you keeping up with Calcium and what brand of salt do you use and how often/much do you change?

June 2006 is when it started.

Vic: the tank started in late May I believe, so June is pretty much accurate.

hondalover: i actually cleared up some space, i may have space for one more small colony lol

Travis: i use tropic marin regular for salt with added salifert calcium to get it up to 400ish. for calcium i am using my last bottle of esv b-ionic 2 part, after this i switch over to Randy's 2 part solution. i try to keep up with my water changes which is once a week, 4-5 gallons.

Phoenix bulbs suck. It's way too blue, looks more like a 20K than a 14k. Ushio just came out with a 14k bulb, I want to try it next time I change my bulb. At the moment I am running a Hamilton 14k, and it has nice color, not too blue, yet not overly white.

the_anti_honda
hondalover: i actually cleared up some space, i may have space for one more small colony lol

Grrr!

I still can't find a way to get more room in my tank I can't wait to get my 60cube up that should help.

I have run into the same issues with phnx bulbs. I don't like the real blue coloration it does not look natural in anyway.

a 6.5k?

yeah, with super actinics.

i'm really not too sure yet. the Ushios and Hamiltons are worth considering as well. (14ks)

edit: the 14ks they make are mostly for the 175 watts

I've seen a tank lit with the Iwasaki 6.5k's and VHO Actinics and to be honest, they looked horrible, the color is a p i s s yellow. Although, the SPS in that tank grew like crazy and where verry vibrant in color. I couldn't do it because I wouldn't be able to get over that yellow look.

like someone peed in the tank eh, lol

i will probably find a decent 14k bulb :happy:

i'm still debating on whether to get the new sunpod the new outer orbit fixture.

Archived