ReefCleaners.org

EZ II

ezcompany

Im thinking about the mods w/ adding mutiple powerheads. One replacing stock return and one other drilled in the back wall. I was thinking about using 2 MJ900s instead of 1200's. It would be 17w instead of 40w drawn by two1200's. Would this keep the heat down? Hows that Deltec doing EZ? Worth $280? Later Ryan

Ryan - i don't think the heat from maxijets amount to a lot at all. right now i am running one maxijet 1200 with a hydor, and one 6025 nanostream. The Deltec is doing fine, skims much better than the previous CSS or AquaC i had.

Bubble - i don't think a 250w would be too much on the AP24. at least not for my clams. i am worried about my blastos though as they would be blasted by strong light. the heat is also an issue i worry about, so i will be forced to hook up my 1/5hp chiller (which is overkill btw)

Fatex9 - new clam has arrived. pics to be posted this evening.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, seeing how it got to me at 10:30 am, i went home straight away to acclimate it. here are some sneak peeks

img4161jc8.jpg

img4163eb2.jpg

notice the red hue that goes towards the inside of the mantle after the orange and black markings, can't really see it too well in pics but its there :wub:

Nice clam EZ! Looks really nice. Yeah I gotta talk to my LFS about getting that new Deltec. I wanna see one up close and dink around with it. When your not busy can I get a shot of it in action? Later Ryan

Cool clam....Ill bet that cost some green....I wouldnt do 250watts over an aquapod especially if you have blastos....My blastos didnt like my 250 watt halide over my 60 cube and eventually died :(

NICE CLAM EZ! Did you guy it from the what you see is what you get page?

the b/w maxima yes, from divers den. there was another one yesterday that sold in less that 24 hours for $500

this clam is from a friend in Florida :)

Just noticed your new thread! Gorgeous shots, and an absolutely fabulous new addition to the family! Congrats! What do you feed those guys?!

Found a teddy bear gorilla crab on my purple acro today. I have no idea where it came from, as all my new acros went through TMPCC and Interceptor bath before entering the tank.

Just noticed your new thread! Gorgeous shots, and an absolutely fabulous new addition to the family! Congrats! What do you feed those guys?!

hey paul! i don't feed my clams ;)

Yeah I dont understand the big thing with feeding clams. They do a pretty good job of growing in the tanks ive kept. Just scrape the glass to feed them every couple days. :) Later Ryan

Archived