inTank Media Baskets

EZ II

ezcompany

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PseudanthiasVentralis

I love the acropora........ Full tank shot please.

And i complement you on amkeing one of the nicest tanks on all of nano-reef.com. So nice.

HecticDialectics

FTS Por favor?

mhmmmm....

I agree!

I can look at pictures of coral all day long all over the web... unless I can scope em out them in their own tank setup, then ehh. Not worth much :P

Holy blue zoas, Jin! Would you mind hooking a fellow member up in blinging out his new 30g tank with a few polyps of that once it's set up? ;)

Very nice EZ!

Can U imagine that purplr coral is real Purple Monster???? Yo uwould be rich! LOL... BTW, do you know anyone with PM? I want a frag!

Very nice EZ!

Can U imagine that purplr coral is real Purple Monster???? Yo uwould be rich! LOL... BTW, do you know anyone with PM? I want a frag!

hey oogie

i dont think its a PM as the growth structure seems to be a little different!

:UPDATE:

The incompetent city of Los Angeles has lost its power last night at precisely 1:30 AM. Power was restored today at around 12 PM, leaving my tank powerless for almost 12 hours. What was worse is that this was after a heavy feeding of planktonic food to the tank. Regardless to say I was not able to sleep, I woke up every few hours to stir the surface and move the water around with a turkey baster. Water temperature dropped upto 71 degrees from the usual 78 degrees. At around 11:30 am i drove to Petco to buy 2 battery operated pumps, luckily when I got back home power was restored. (seems to me u always have to do something like this for something to happen)

A water change should happen tonight incase anything has been affected by the lowered water quality. I have blown bubbles into my nanostreams for an immediate distribution of microbubbles throughout my tank for oxygenation, but only a few times as I've heard this may affect PH.

This was probably the worst night I've had with my tank so far.

EZ...You are bad dude. That clam is insane. Too bad I can't keep them for some reason. I think you are running out of real estate in that tank and my 40 is looking very empty <_< You can send some of that coral my way. Unless you want me to pay you a little visit (during working hours) :ninja:

Wow, I'll keep my fingers crossed all is well and that any loss is minimal if any occured at all. :( Damn LADWP!!! But 12 hours isn't so bad compared to Edison at least. With them it can take 24 hours to a WEEK to restore power... *sigh* Good thinking on the battery pumps though, but I'd have thought you would have had some already. ;)

update:

Did a small water change of 4 gallons, got my Deltec back up and running, i have not lost anything that i can observe so far. maybe a fish that i can't seem to locate (purple queen anthia)

thanks for all those concerns guys!

and no, this tank isn't a tigahboy reincarnate <_<

that boy left the building when i showed up on N-R lol

i got one advice from him back in the days on keeping sps, he said one thing:

"sps need pristine water"

i don't believe in pristine, i believe in high nutrients and high export.

Im so glad I live in anaheim....We have a different power company thats owned by disneyland....Ive never had a power outage and the rates are cheaper too...

update:

Did a small water change of 4 gallons, got my Deltec back up and running, i have not lost anything that i can observe so far. maybe a fish that i can't seem to locate (purple queen anthia)

thanks for all those concerns guys!

and no, this tank isn't a tigahboy reincarnate <_<

that boy left the building when i showed up on N-R lol

i got one advice from him back in the days on keeping sps, he said one thing:

"sps need pristine water"

i don't believe in pristine, i believe in high nutrients and high export.

I hope that's not a shot at Tigah. That's bad karma, bro.

I hope that's not a shot at Tigah. That's bad karma, bro.

hehe not a shot, just some differences. i respect him for his crazy tanks, he really pushed them to the extreme.

T, thats cool how Anaheim has their own power supplier!

Im so glad I live in anaheim....We have a different power company thats owned by disneyland....Ive never had a power outage and the rates are cheaper too...

Cheap and Disneyland in the same sentence?? LOL! :lol:

I don't currently live in Pasadena, but i work for the utility there and we as well not only have our own supplier, but we make our own electricity as well (most of the time at least). But since the customer base is under 100k, it's a lot easier to locate a problem in the grid, and get it fixed quickly. Average downtime in an outage is about 1-2 hours if even that long. B)

there should be ZERO downtime!

Well, maybe if you stop buying $10,000 worth clams & corals at a time and start paying your elec bill, you won't have downtime.

Archived