Top Shelf Aquatics

EZ II

ezcompany

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow! EZ you are so reef trendy! Lol! I love it man! You have the coolest corals. I want to live in your tank man! Sweet!

thanks bud!

i need to update my livestock list for my own reference:

Fish:

1 Female Lyretail Anthia

1 Six Line Wrasse

Crabs:

4 Scarlett Hermit

1 Blue Leg

Shrimp:

1 Peppermint Shrimp

1 Tiger Pistol Shrimp

Snails:

x nassarius

x astreas

x margarita

x astrea

LPS:

Blood red with neon green mouth blasto

Red skirt neon green center blasto

Purple skirt neon green center blasto

Dark teal teal center blasto

Neon green skirt dark purple center neon green mouth (PPE Pattern) blasto

Neon green candy cane

Acan Lord 2 types

SPS:

Neon green birdsnest

Tricolor Acropora Tenius blue orange yellow

Tricolor Acropora Subulata colony tan body, purple tips, neon green polyps

Deepwater Acropora

Patrick Monaghan Teal Stag

Garf's Purple Bonsai

Oregon Blue Tort

Neon Green Millepora

Blue Millepora

Acropora Turaki

Tricolor Acropora Valida (yellow base purple tip)

Green Monti Capricornis

Orange/red Monti Capricornis

Pokerstar Montipora (Exotic Reefs)

Superman Montipora Danae (Tyree)

Superman Montipora Danae (Exotic Reefs)

Sunset Montipora (Stryker)

Sunset Montipora (Snipersps)

Wild Purple Acropora with white polyps

Wild Neon blue Acropora with neon green hue

Pink Birdsnest

Pink Catspaw

Clams:

2 ORA Black and White Maximas 5 inch +

1 Blue Teardrop Maxima 3 inch +

1 Blue with Red rim Maxima 5 inch +

1 Tiger Blue Maxima 2.5 inch +

Clams:

2 ORA Black and White Maximas 5 inch +

What beauties they are too. I saw those clams last night and the are breath taking.

If you ever frag out that Blasto you got from MaknWaves, I want in dude.

Hey man,

Just saw over at RC that you added another nano-stream.... damn dude...660x3 lol, you have over 100turnover... hehe.

can we see a updated pic... how do the corals like the addition. I was thinking about adding a MJ because detritus is settling on my rocks and causing green hair algae bad. I used a turkey baster and its really bad.. I need more flow over my rocks.

right now my tunzes are pointed

left one is pointed up middle of tank front

right one is pointed mid top of left tank... they cross in the middle, pretty good flow, but stuff settles all over the rocks.

Because of all my gha problems, im thinking i shouldnt have used this rock from my old system. When i moved it, i didnt have a tank to put it in for a few days, so i think some spores developed. And i didnt scrub it off. SOO MY BAD.

Hey man,

Just saw over at RC that you added another nano-stream.... damn dude...660x3 lol, you have over 100turnover... hehe.

can we see a updated pic... how do the corals like the addition. I was thinking about adding a MJ because detritus is settling on my rocks and causing green hair algae bad. I used a turkey baster and its really bad.. I need more flow over my rocks.

right now my tunzes are pointed

left one is pointed up middle of tank front

right one is pointed mid top of left tank... they cross in the middle, pretty good flow, but stuff settles all over the rocks.

Because of all my gha problems, im thinking i shouldnt have used this rock from my old system. When i moved it, i didnt have a tank to put it in for a few days, so i think some spores developed. And i didnt scrub it off. SOO MY BAD.

corals seem to like it much more. i removed more blastos to the 12 gallon, now my 12 gallon is a total mess. frags laying everywhere. the bottom of my 24 gallon is starting to look empty lol

what are you using for an ato... ive thought about float switches, but in my experience they are overrated.

what im thinking about is a dosing unit... if i drip about 1drip every 2 seconds it makes up for evap. ive just noticed jsut from playing with my movie theatre coke bottle top off system. LOL, you should see how ghetto it is... only lasts 12hours but does the job for a while. I need something more permament, that will last me a week. And i want to be able to dose kalk if i need.

what are you using for an ato... ive thought about float switches, but in my experience they are overrated.

what im thinking about is a dosing unit... if i drip about 1drip every 2 seconds it makes up for evap. ive just noticed jsut from playing with my movie theatre coke bottle top off system. LOL, you should see how ghetto it is... only lasts 12hours but does the job for a while. I need something more permament, that will last me a week. And i want to be able to dose kalk if i need.

i know what you mean, i have a 1 gallon ghetto jug set up for kalk as well ;)

i am thinking of getting the litermeter III

post-19312-1170643375_thumb.jpg

EZ...I broke down and got a clam...its in my Prop tank under 175 MH.

I couldnt tell anything before I purchased ( I helped LFS unpack order)

It was 3 inchs long in bag and appeared alive...I took it as mystery clam for 30

bucks.

I got luckey and not so luckey...the clam is an awesome maxima...under 14k hammee from the front its blue with purple and a little gold...from top view its a sick multicolor green with gold.

Bad part...must have been torn from its original origin and the bottom part...sry no technical names...where it appears to have a whole is damaged and one side does not even have all the tissue on the inside lining of shell.

Ive had it for 3 weeks now and appears to be healing...tk goodness

Izzue

EZ...I broke down and got a clam...its in my Prop tank under 175 MH.

I couldnt tell anything before I purchased ( I helped LFS unpack order)

It was 3 inchs long in bag and appeared alive...I took it as mystery clam for 30

bucks.

I got luckey and not so luckey...the clam is an awesome maxima...under 14k hammee from the front its blue with purple and a little gold...from top view its a sick multicolor green with gold.

Bad part...must have been torn from its original origin and the bottom part...sry no technical names...where it appears to have a whole is damaged and one side does not even have all the tissue on the inside lining of shell.

Ive had it for 3 weeks now and appears to be healing...tk goodness

Izzue

can you post a pic of the damaged area? sounds like improper collection, which would mean that it was wild collected. if the bysal gland is infected you may lose the clam! oh, and definitely post a pic of the clam itself!

Tks EZ...

If you dont mind Ill just post in your thread some pics this evening.

YOu the clam MAN!!!

Izzue

lol no problem!

Doing as well as I can tell...feeding Oyster eggs and DT's.

You can see facing the photos...right side...tissue missing inside on the right

compared to the left.

Acutually It didnt have much tissue on the left either when I 1st acclimated.

Pics (most) taken with flash to help with details on my POS camera :)

Tks Ez...

post-14574-1170723509_thumb.jpg

post-14574-1170723534_thumb.jpg

post-14574-1170723546_thumb.jpg

gills look healthy from what i can tell, are they clear and white?

mantle extension looks great. they are rock boring clams, so take some time to pick out a spot in ur rocks and place them where they will receive the maximum light. a better idea is to place it on a flat piece of rock, wait for it to attach, then you can move him around wherever you please! oh, and make sure to give him a good scrub with the toothbrush :)

In the second Pic...if you look down into the mouth under the gills...you will notice

that tissue is missing on the right bottom (facing clam) where as the tissue to the left has grown back and you can see a peak of tissue. Thats my concern.

I do believe he was collected wrong or just torn from his position. I placed 2 pieces of tongo under him that run perpendicular under him...he is diffenently starting to attach to them.

Once he is healed up all the way I may move him...but for now I dont want to bother him...he gets 13 hours a day of MH lighting and tank is only 12 deep.

Toothbrush cleaning??? does that mean scubb the outside shell to clean???

How often??

Tks

Izzue

ah i see it now.

Iz, the toothbrush scrubbing is to remove him of unwanted pests that may have laid their eggs on him, especially pyramid snails. use a soft bristled toothbrush and scrub him once. then when lights are out, after 2 hours, use a flashight and check on your clam and see if you notice and pyramid snails on the mantle. this is just a precautionary measure, and it won't hurt in the long run :)

BrassMonkey030

oh man, if i were quagmire...

i heard that the lemanade , or whatever its in your avitar, need super strong lighting to look good. i think you need a lighting upgrage. :) heheheeh

a 400w hqi :) then you can use your 1/3 chiller.

I'd like to know who's tank that Pink Lemonade in your avatar is in. I've never seen that coloration, it seems like its always got a yellow base with pink polyps (sometimes purple).

I'd like to know who's tank that Pink Lemonade in your avatar is in. I've never seen that coloration, it seems like its always got a yellow base with pink polyps (sometimes purple).

thats from Hugo.

i will try to make a video.

Archived