SaltCritters.com

EZ II

ezcompany

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to see his tank in person if you get the chance. Awesome tank!. Clams are mad crazy yo!

The subulata is doing great. thanks.

still no vid? also acclimating your corals will be tough with the pod and all the new light.

no vid yet. its not tough at all acclimating my stuff to more light. just using eggcrate for now.

you better set up that chiller, youre going to have a rough summer!

i wouldnt dare go 250w unless i bought a chiller. let me know how much heat it puts off. and if a fan is enough to cool it all off. right now my fan is good enough to do the job for my 150w...

you better set up that chiller, youre going to have a rough summer!

i wouldnt dare go 250w unless i bought a chiller. let me know how much heat it puts off. and if a fan is enough to cool it all off. right now my fan is good enough to do the job for my 150w...

hehe, temp jumped to 83~ which i'm fine with. in the summer i expect it to hit 88-90, if the house ac doesn't do it, the 1/5 hp arctica chiller will :)

Not to side track a bit but I really don't want to go through 14 pages of this thread. Where did you get that skimmer you have on that 24? Deltec is it?

what i would do is this, 2part your way till ca/alk is good...

then use kalk as top off... yes i know you have many sps... but i do to, about 24frags of sps and clams.

i dose b-ionic to get to the right levels and top off kalk, only at night time. my levels are rock solid.

ph 8.0-8.15 throught day and night

dkh 10-11

ca 440-450ppm

po4 is .04

anotherthing kalk does is precipitate po4, so its a very good thing to use. in my opinion.

why dont you buy a calcium reactor, youre needs are just to much.. 70ml of each 2part seems excessive. i would try and find a more natural way of dosing. some type of reactor is needed in your case. i could see dosing 10-20ml a day of 2part but 70ml, by the time you end up paying for all that 2part, you might as well get a calcium reactor.

why dont you buy a calcium reactor, youre needs are just to much.. 70ml of each 2part seems excessive. i would try and find a more natural way of dosing. some type of reactor is needed in your case. i could see dosing 10-20ml a day of 2part but 70ml, by the time you end up paying for all that 2part, you might as well get a calcium reactor.

im not paying much, im using Randy's home made 2 part solution. baking soda is like, 3 bucks? bucket of calcium around 15 bucks? $18 will probably last me....5-6 months i believe...probably longer, instead of paying $18 a month on 2 parts.

I use GARF's top off ritual from their "bullet proof reef" methodology and also add a shot of kalkwasser every morning right after the lights come on(Calfo mentions this method in his book). The kalk keeps the phosphates at 0. GARF basically recommends mixing Seachem's Reef Advantage Calcium in with top off water for the 2nd and 4th weeks of the month and Reef Builder on the third week of each month. I modified the method to add Reef Builder (for alkalinity) for three of the days of the 1st and 2nd week of the month instead.

GARF also receommends dosing Reef Plus, Reef Complete, and Reef Calcium twice a week.

I am not saying it is "ideal", but it seems to work. It is also not the cheapest method. The dosing adds up when dosing 20, 46 and 110 gallon tanks every week. Since I dose Kalk too, I will probably quit dosing the Reef Calcium.

Archived