Cultivated Reef

EZ II

ezcompany

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EZ, so was the real question how to make an auto top-off/2 part doser? I'd be tempted to alternate mixing the two parts in with the topoff water resevoir.

EZ, so was the real question how to make an auto top-off/2 part doser? I'd be tempted to alternate mixing the two parts in with the topoff water resevoir.

my question was, whats the best, most reliable method of dosing my 2 parts into my tank? and so far, nothing seems to come close to the litermeter iii.

in other news...one of my 6025 streams decided to stop turning...

alright guys, what would be the ideal solution for a 2 part doser and top off?

Have you looked at the Nautilus II ( innovativeaquatics.com ). You can use two channel tubing and dose two-part with one pump. They also offer a float switch ( http://innovativeaquatics.com/Pages/access.html ) to use one of these pumps for ATO. There is also a kit to allow the pump to only dose at certain times (like night time dosing).

As a cheaper alternative you could get a couple Compat enteral feeding pumps off of eBay. I've seen them go as cheap as $30. These pumpd are used for tube feeding people so they are very accurate. The only problem with them is you would have to run the pump 24/7; there is no way to have these pumps turn off and on at certain times. A very good reliable pump that is used at my hospital. You just don't have all the options for dosing like the Nautilus II offers.

BrassMonkey030

the link is of aqua medics dosers.

twopartsolutions has dosers that you can hook up to timers.

the 2 motor one is only 120. you may be able to re-wire it so it can dose at different times.

bubblethumper

After the cheap a$$ nipple on my aquamedic doser broke (which never dosed equal parts anyway), I simply bit the bullet and bought a litermeter 3.

Wish I had saved the money and done it right the first time around.

After the cheap a$$ nipple on my aquamedic doser broke (which never dosed equal parts anyway), I simply bit the bullet and bought a litermeter 3.

Wish I had saved the money and done it right the first time around.

bubble! :D

can you show me how you set up the litermeter on your system?

how many pumps did you get? did you get the top off also?

the link is of aqua medics dosers.

twopartsolutions has dosers that you can hook up to timers.

the 2 motor one is only 120. you may be able to re-wire it so it can dose at different times.

that was my 2nd choice after the litermeter, and for the price of the nautilus, you might as well get the litermeter!

bubblethumper
bubble! :D

can you show me how you set up the litermeter on your system?

how many pumps did you get? did you get the top off also?

Hey! My tank's on autopilot right now as I'm travelling a bit. I only have two pumps on the litermeter (one for each part). Then I'm using a separate reservoir for my top-off water and a JBJ ATO + pump.

To be honest, I'm just about to replace my AP24 with a custom tank the same size that can have a sump and easily use a chiller. I'm finding it frustrating that I can't get a sump/skimmer easily installed (along with a few other small design problems).

The litermeter has been great so far. I'm also thinking about getting the water exchange feature where it can remove old water (to a drain) and then pump in fresh pre-mixed salt water.

I'll try and get a pic of my litermeter setup when I get back home.

Hey! My tank's on autopilot right now as I'm travelling a bit. I only have two pumps on the litermeter (one for each part). Then I'm using a separate reservoir for my top-off water and a JBJ ATO + pump.

To be honest, I'm just about to replace my AP24 with a custom tank the same size that can have a sump and easily use a chiller. I'm finding it frustrating that I can't get a sump/skimmer easily installed (along with a few other small design problems).

The litermeter has been great so far. I'm also thinking about getting the water exchange feature where it can remove old water (to a drain) and then pump in fresh pre-mixed salt water.

I'll try and get a pic of my litermeter setup when I get back home.

can't wait to see the litermeter set up!

true Leng Sy coming tomorrow!

Purple Monster coming the following week!

Leng Sy, as in monti cap Leng Sy? i like that coral, get a close up if im correct

yes, the one that grows nodules and has a purple edge

those darn dosers are so expensive... but I would imagine them to save on tank maintenance significantly. the problem when deciding where to spend money on is tough when those dosers are about the same cost as a Ca reactor.

Let us know what you eventually decide to go with regarding the dosing EZ.

no doser yet. still debating. still leaning towards the LM III

my nano stream cords go through the edges on top of my tank.

my PM is so ugly...but oh so beautiful...

Archived