ReefCleaners.org

New nano girl

mediumsprite

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oooh, I heard that place is nice! Wait, that's the one he has connections to, right? Gah, I still need to check out Vivid and Maken Waves... *sigh* So many LFSs, so little time.... lol!

The new tank hasn't been shipped out yet. :(

Buenos mananas Matt:)

Yeah that's the one he has an account with:)

awh, no tank yet! where are they located?

My BF suggested I have a reefer party to get to know the locals.:) he's a great cook! and loves beer! lol

Hola...youngin

Fulham...has yet to respond to my email

They lost any business I would have had with them due to crappy customer service :P

no worries...

Tank is looking good...I really like your scape...plenty of coral locating spots :D

Nice progress

Izzue

hello pop's lol

that bites about fulham. I already got mine:)

thanks Izzue. I'll relate info on Fulham to BF. Maybe he can help you:)

MTS rocks lol.

the tanks is looking damn good!!! the fish and the corals look all happy and stuff!!! good stuff!! :D

thanx 69, can i call u that for short mybuickskill6979:)

BF is working on my Via Aqua 230 refugium. we are waiting on the bulbs:). should be up by next week. Also he's building some kind of steel enclosure for the filter so it fits with the stand.

Hola Miriam, como estas? :)

I believe Finnex is located near Chicago... =/ Like the ONLY company no in CA it seems, lol! But PremiumAquatic where I ordered from is also located back east as well.

A reefer party sounds good, beer sounds good too, lol! Oh man, we just had a party at my apt. this past weekend for my g/f's B-day and now the fridge it stocked with tons of beer, different kinds at that lol!

Hola Miriam, como estas? :)

I believe Finnex is located near Chicago... =/ Like the ONLY company no in CA it seems, lol! But PremiumAquatic where I ordered from is also located back east as well.

A reefer party sounds good, beer sounds good too, lol! Oh man, we just had a party at my apt. this past weekend for my g/f's B-day and now the fridge it stocked with tons of beer, different kinds at that lol!

Hi Matt,

Is finnex a good tank?

You and my BF would get along real good:) He always goes to the micro brew @ the race track.

We should all hang out at the Yard House for drinks and food:)

He was picking up something @ sea dwelling and picked me up a yellow watchman gobby:) Can't wait to see him.

We totally should sometime!! The Pasadena one is nice, and Yardhouse has a great happy hour, lol! :D Surprisingly I have yet to attend the Micor-Brew at Santa Anita, but this next year I'll go since I literally live almost around the corner from it in San Gabriel, lol!

Anywho, yeah Finnex is a really good tank manufacture. Most of their stuff is acrylic, but they had released 2 (that I'm aware of) glass tanks directed towards reef use. The 22g one was frameless, and has already been discontinued, and the 30g which I'm getting will be discontinued very soon if it hasn't been already. This was mainly due to the "DOA" rate of the tank upon shipment delivery in where too many tanks were being delivered cracked or broken. :( I tried to pick it up locally from Nanocustoms, but they told me that Finnex ships them directly from their factory. =/ I chose that tank over the 20g Clear for Life Uniquarium and the Cadlights 22g tank, because it seemed to have the largest filter/fuge area between the 3 tanks, also the best bang for buck since it includes the 4x24w T5HO lighting, upgradeable to 150w HQI. The Cadlights reef tank setup comes with 6x24w (144w total) of T5HO lighting, but the filtration area on it is quite small, has NO fuge and doesn't include a nice venturi protein skimmer like the Finnex does. The skimmer is also optional on the Uniquarium, and the Uni only comes with some lame 2x36w PC lighting. I wanted a glass tank, so the Finnex was the best choice for me. :)

We totally should sometime!! The Pasadena one is nice, and Yardhouse has a great happy hour, lol! :D Surprisingly I have yet to attend the Micor-Brew at Santa Anita, but this next year I'll go since I literally live almost around the corner from it in San Gabriel, lol!

Anywho, yeah Finnex is a really good tank manufacture. Most of their stuff is acrylic, but they had released 2 (that I'm aware of) glass tanks directed towards reef use. The 22g one was frameless, and has already been discontinued, and the 30g which I'm getting will be discontinued very soon if it hasn't been already. This was mainly due to the "DOA" rate of the tank upon shipment delivery in where too many tanks were being delivered cracked or broken. :( I tried to pick it up locally from Nanocustoms, but they told me that Finnex ships them directly from their factory. =/ I chose that tank over the 20g Clear for Life Uniquarium and the Cadlights 22g tank, because it seemed to have the largest filter/fuge area between the 3 tanks, also the best bang for buck since it includes the 4x24w T5HO lighting, upgradeable to 150w HQI. The Cadlights reef tank setup comes with 6x24w (144w total) of T5HO lighting, but the filtration area on it is quite small, has NO fuge and doesn't include a nice venturi protein skimmer like the Finnex does. The skimmer is also optional on the Uniquarium, and the Uni only comes with some lame 2x36w PC lighting. I wanted a glass tank, so the Finnex was the best choice for me. :)

I hope you pay this much attention to your gf. dang i think you just c... uh never mind LOL.

Sounds like awesome... now i wanna see it... the tank K! ;)

We actually have 2 new gobies, but their always hiding. Oh and I actually got to see the star fish in its all its glory last night. he came out of his rock to feed. I wonder what else hitched hicked that we havent seen yet. *Excitment.

I'll hope they all come out soon I can take some pix and post them.

I hope you pay this much attention to your gf. dang i think you just c... uh never mind LOL.

Sounds like awesome... now i wanna see it... the tank K! ;)

We actually have 2 new gobies, but their always hiding. Oh and I actually got to see the star fish in its all its glory last night. he came out of his rock to feed. I wonder what else hitched hicked that we havent seen yet. *Excitment.

I'll hope they all come out soon I can take some pix and post them.

LOL! Of course I pay that much attention to her, that much and then some. ;) You'll definitely have to come and check it out once it's set up.

My tank has several really small (dime coin sized) brittle stars that all come out into the open when I feed the tank. Pretty neat to watch them move around. My poor Dusky Jawfish is ALWAYS hiding in it's burrow, I rarely ever get to see the guy. Once I went almost a week and a half without seeing him, he went MIA on me. Then suddenly one day he presented himself again, lol. I seriously in that time didn't know if he was even still alive or not. :(

LOL! Of course I pay that much attention to her, that much and then some. ;) You'll definitely have to come and check it out once it's set up.

My tank has several really small (dime coin sized) brittle stars that all come out into the open when I feed the tank. Pretty neat to watch them move around. My poor Dusky Jawfish is ALWAYS hiding in it's burrow, I rarely ever get to see the guy. Once I went almost a week and a half without seeing him, he went MIA on me. Then suddenly one day he presented himself again, lol. I seriously in that time didn't know if he was even still alive or not. :(

Hi Matt,

my first coral:)

IMG_0153.jpg

mybuickskill6979
Buenos mananas Matt:)

Yeah that's the one he has an account with:)

awh, no tank yet! where are they located?

My BF suggested I have a reefer party to get to know the locals.:) he's a great cook! and loves beer! lol

hello pop's lol

that bites about fulham. I already got mine:)

thanks Izzue. I'll relate info on Fulham to BF. Maybe he can help you:)

thanx 69, can i call u that for short mybuickskill6979:)

BF is working on my Via Aqua 230 refugium. we are waiting on the bulbs:). should be up by next week. Also he's building some kind of steel enclosure for the filter so it fits with the stand.

for sure. 69 is my fav number... next to the 4 the 2 and the 0 lol!!

sounds tight. i call FH and the ballast should be here soon lol. thanx for the tip. and i have stuff from big als and drsmithroster coming too lol. its christmas time for ME!!! lol. no presents from no body and no presents to nobody hehe and its a beautiful thing lol!! :lol:

oh yeah i'm not nasty, 69 buicks rock... oh yeah and that other things too lol!! :lol:

So Im bumbed out. In a span of 4 days all 3 of my fish have kicked the bucket. Today, I came home from dinner and couldnt find my lit clown fish. We kept looking for him and sadly found him wedged in between the rocks... lifeless. I almost cried. :(

My bf said that its just part of the cycle. The environment was just not right... still a bit sad.

Im off to flush him *tear

So Im bumbed out. In a span of 4 days all 3 of my fish have quicked the bucket. Today, I came home from dinner and couldnt find my lit clown fish. We kept looking for him and sadly found him wedged in between the rocks... lifeless. I almost cried. :(

My bf said that its just part of the cycle. The environment was just not right... still a bit sad.

Looks like you rushed into it took quick. You have to be patient and take your time. I learned the hardway also. Thank god for these forums.

Hola Youngin.

Sry bout the fisheeeess...

I think thats the reason many LFS tell people Nanos are hard.

The Tank my test well on water parameters...but introduction of bioload on small tanks must be done gradually.

Dont mean to be preaching to you...as your BF said it is part of the cycle...I disagree with that theory. GO slower...but its so damn tempting to add stuff fast (Im guilty also)

One fish one month...let tank catch up to bioload...then add next etc.

Big tanks can take quick bioloads better due to water volume for diluting waste etc... not that it cant crash also...just a better chance of it not crashing compared to small tank.

Chin up...just think you get to go shopping again :D

Izzue

So Im bumbed out. In a span of 4 days all 3 of my fish have quicked the bucket. Today, I came home from dinner and couldnt find my lit clown fish. We kept looking for him and sadly found him wedged in between the rocks... lifeless. I almost cried. :(

Hola Miriam, definitely heed what EZ said above. Take it slow and be patient. :) I can understand though, I'd totally be bummed out as well! Sorry to hear about the losses. :(

Ahhh good to know theres people that care.

Patients is something Im going to have to learn... not so good at it. Lesson learned.

So now Im getting a 24g tank.

My bf ordered barnacle and watchman gobies. But I think I'll wait to add this ;)

Ill post some pix once this is set up. Wish me luck.

HA!

There was this chick at my LFS that bought a 150watt MH setup for her 15g.She was telling me about it (I made note of this cuz chicks don't talk to me.) and when she was at the till she looked at the 175watt pendant and bought it right there!

• 4 weeks later...

Im BACK! ;) Damn the holidays.

On that note... Hope everyone had a great Holiday season Hehehe

So a bit of an update on my new tank: Just recently set up my new 24 g Nano tank. This weekend i picked up a some LR and a cleaning crew. Oh and some PEs from LFS. I'll post pix soon.

No cool tank stan, my bf got away... this time =/

Heard about the frag parlay on the 21st, Ill talk to the significant other and see if we can make it. Hope most of you can make it I would love to meet you fellas!

Definitely go Miriam, I'm brining my g/f along with too if that's any incentive. ;) Maybe her seeing other girls into it will make her think it's not so boring anymore, lol! :P One can only hope, right??

hells yeah girl you gotta go if its anything like the last one its gonna be off the heezy. i'm there for sure hehe!!

Yeah dwag...whut whut.

Im tellin' yaz dat dis sheet is da bom diggity fo shiggity. U aint got nuttin on diz boyee. I be chillin like a villain, beotch. Yo yo.

Fershizzle.

Archived