Top Shelf Aquatics

New nano girl

mediumsprite

mybuickskill6979

well i'm not gonna be setting up a tank any time soon. i just called my boss and told him to shove his 400 dollar a month job up his @$$! once i get another job with decent hours i'll set one up!! and thats for sure. I'm selling my 70w NAiS ballast for 40$ and pick up! if anyones interested!!

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have zoos for yah when you're ready:)

I'm looking for 150w QHI?

thx

well i'm not gonna be setting up a tank any time soon. i just called my boss and told him to shove his 400 dollar a month job up his @$$! once i get another job with decent hours i'll set one up!! and thats for sure. I'm selling my 70w NAiS ballast for 40$ and pick up! if anyones interested!!

Frags are looking good Miriam!! :D

I just picked up a huge 120+ polyp colony of some awesome sky blue with brownish/red skirt zoas from PTF this past friday. They are my fav zoas I have so far, and sooo purdy! :wub: I also got my delivery from ReefGeeks like the say after I made my order (and it was delivered on a saturday no less by FedEx for only $8 shipping) and the order included a pair of SLS TEK reflectors to use with the daylight bulbs of my light fixture. The light is definitely a bit more intense!! :D

I'll have to get some pics up ASAP!

mybuickskill6979

awesome got better paying and more hours type of a job lol!! so i guess its back on track. i'm thinking a smaller 7g pico though with 40w PC and a small powerhead and keep some softies and what not!! one paycheck now can get that much lol. how life works huh? lol

Thanks Matt:)

nice, you need to get some pictures up of the new zoos.

also some picture of your light setup)

got these from floorlord in the mail yesterday;

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

these guys are still opening up

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

Frags are looking good Miriam!! :D

I just picked up a huge 120+ polyp colony of some awesome sky blue with brownish/red skirt zoas from PTF this past friday. They are my fav zoas I have so far, and sooo purdy! :wub: I also got my delivery from ReefGeeks like the say after I made my order (and it was delivered on a saturday no less by FedEx for only $8 shipping) and the order included a pair of SLS TEK reflectors to use with the daylight bulbs of my light fixture. The light is definitely a bit more intense!! :D

I'll have to get some pics up ASAP!

cool. I'm glad you got a better job. ching ching$$

congrats:)

awesome got better paying and more hours type of a job lol!! so i guess its back on track. i'm thinking a smaller 7g pico though with 40w PC and a small powerhead and keep some softies and what not!! one paycheck now can get that much lol. how life works huh? lol

shes coming along beautifly :) and the tank is pritty freakin HOT too B)

very nice zoos! but you need to get some LPS in there (my favorite).Like a plate coral or a nice bubble coral or brain.

lol. :lol: thanks you.

I'm going to wait until I get the HQI setup before I buy more stuff:)

shes coming along beautifly :) and the tank is pritty freakin HOT too B)

very nice zoos! but you need to get some LPS in there (my favorite).Like a plate coral or a nice bubble coral or brain.

lol. :lol: thanks you.

I'm going to wait until I get the HQI setup before I buy more stuff:)

Newbie here,

Hi mirriam, just wondering how much have you spent?? i want to start a reef tank and just reading along.. any frag meets in socal??

Hello there and welcome:)

I would say:

-$260 tank & stand

-$340 controller

-$140 kalk reactor

-$150 skimmer

-$20 MJ1200 upgrade

-$40 heater

-$80 ATO

hope this helps.

I'm also new to nano reef and have yet to attend a frag party.

Newbie here,

Hi mirriam, just wondering how much have you spent?? i want to start a reef tank and just reading along.. any frag meets in socal??

thank you:)

as you can see i like zoo's. lol

interesting stuff you have there, goin well i see

It's definitely pretty expensive to say the least, once you factor in livestock as well as the necessary hardware associated with the tank itself.

mybuickskill6979
Newbie here,

hey bro watch the general area we hold a meeting bout once a month in so cal. and thats where it is announce or hit up asin and get him busy with planning lol!! :lol:

I'm also new to nano reef and have yet to attend a frag party.

thank you:)

as you can see i like zoo's. lol

thats cause she's afraid she'll get hit on and or have a bunch of people humping her leg!! :blink::haha:

j/k miriam!! ;)

lol :lol: you're too funny lol

just make sure they have a bottle of greygoose;)

lol!! :lol:

thats cause she's afraid she'll get hit on and or have a bunch of people humping her leg!! :blink::haha:

j/k miriam!! ;)

mybuickskill6979

grey goose it is. i might buy a case of it lol!! cause thats the shiznit. that and JD and a one year supply of Heineken lol!! ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Heineken

beautiful tank!! I absolutely love your daisy polyps... I had some a few months ago... unfortunately I lost them when my lights went out. keep up the great work! B)

Any luck with the HQI search?

Oh and we want more pics of yourself :lol:

No luck yet. Ive enlisted the help of the bf. Hope to find something sweet, soon.

So does my bf. :)

I dont like taking pix. The one posted was from last October and its the most recent ones. But I'll see what I can do. Solo para ti ;)

beautiful tank!! I absolutely love your daisy polyps... I had some a few months ago... unfortunately I lost them when my lights went out. keep up the great work! B)

Thx! Their one of my fav. Their an awesome blend of colors. The bf got them for me so their extra special :) (i know, i know, corny)

Sorry to hear about yours. Did your entire tank suffer or are you still up and running?

grey goose it is. i might buy a case of it lol!! cause thats the shiznit. that and JD and a one year supply of Heineken lol!! ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Heineken

Im more of a vodka or a Corona/Modelo kinda chick. But I will try almost anything at least once. ;)

no, those were all I lost... thank goodness! lol

of course it's extra special when your BF buys it for you!

lmk if your interested and ill be glad to I spare a few :)

Hey Miriam, perhaps look for deals on Sunpods, that seems like a good light choice.

So Corona/Modelo, how about hefenwiezen, what do you think of that stuff? ;)

hefenwiezen? german? never tried it lol! hows about sum jagermeifter? hehe.

It's good stuff! Jager? Yeah, I got plenty of that too, lol!

ooh very nice tank i love those polyps u got there. i have a bc 8gal just started about a month ago im loving this nano things, kind of neglected my main tank :P

Here's a link of my tank check it out hope u like it...but i dont think people like it cause no comments so far :(My bc8

mediumsprite

Hola Matt :D

are the sunpods better than the hqi kits they sell at nanoturners?

My bf drinks hef. He likes blue moon.

Hey Miriam, perhaps look for deals on Sunpods, that seems like a good light choice.

So Corona/Modelo, how about hefenwiezen, what do you think of that stuff? ;)

lol. he drinks jager's too.

did u guys attend the micro brew?

hefenwiezen? german? never tried it lol! hows about sum jagermeifter? hehe.

hello,

nice 8gal you have. I started with a 12g then moved up to a 24g. now I'm ready for the 90g. lol

ooh very nice tank i love those polyps u got there. i have a bc 8gal just started about a month ago im loving this nano things, kind of neglected my main tank :P

Here's a link of my tank check it out hope u like it...but i dont think people like it cause no comments so far :(My bc8

don't forget to pick up some vodka on the way ;) lol

lol i'll be over later lol. i'll bring some JD :lol: j/k

Archived