SaltCritters.com

New nano girl

mediumsprite

Hola MAtt,

great. I'm going to look for a spare NC24 DX hood so Conrad can mod with a 150wHQI. I don't think I can wait for the new HQI hood. lol

I got the ric for $30. thought it was a good deal:) But I'm going to have to start budgeting my tank "expensive hobby"

great, thanks I will check those places out:)

Miriam

Miriam, I'd say wait for the 150mh hood for sure then. As for Yumas... PTF has some in occasionally, but the thing with Yumas is they are pricey. :( Mine only cost me $25, because that's because Pacific Yumas have practically no color compared to Florida ones, so they are cheaper. Floridas are usually around $40 at best and up to $100+ in some cases. Also check out www.reefermadness.us (in Torrance), and Maken Waves which is somewhere there in the SFV, lol! I don't know their address though, but I've heard from several mambers that they have awesome stuff most of the time. B)
  • Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Miriam, $30 isn't bad for rics. I get them from PTF for $25, but I know Strictly Fish sells rics for like $34 typically or somewhere in the $30 range... if you ever head to PTF though, let me know since I only live a couple miles from there. ;)

Hi Matt, Hope you had a great weekend.

PTF? maybe I can swing by there tonight:)

I just got a kalk reactor, can't wait for my bf to hook it up. I think he wants me to wait for the ro/di unit. And he got the 70w hqi kit from nanoturners which he plans to mod into a 150w hqi.

Did Conrad email u the list? Did you see all the sales,:) I'm going to see if he can take me this Saturday. wan'na go :) lol.. we'll stop at the sushi bar after.

I was thinking of getting a large canister filter to use for water changes. keep the mess down. it's a pain it the butt to turn off the skimmer and return pump.

Matt, do you have the Reefkeeper2 on your system. It's the best. Now with data log. oooh

Hey Miriam, $30 isn't bad for rics. I get them from PTF for $25, but I know Strictly Fish sells rics for like $34 typically or somewhere in the $30 range... if you ever head to PTF though, let me know since I only live a couple miles from there. ;)

Hola Miriam, I should get a reactor for my tank, maybe a Phos-Ban one to keep my phosphates non-existant, lol! I need to do a water change ASAP though, I haven't done one in a while... =X I don't have a ReefKeeper, yet though. Not sure if I want to get one or not, but they are definitely nice to have. I DID get the list from Conrad, tell him thanks! Unfortunately rent and bills tell me that I'll have to wait a bit before getting more livestock or even reef stuff period... :tears: I plan to sell my AP12g real soon, so if you know anyone interested it includes the tank, the stand and the ICA chiller! :)

mybuickskill6979

DAMN i guess i haven't been paying attention to this thread!! things are lookin good.

the homeboy austin came down this weekend and got his stuff drilled up. took me bout two hours( i had to stop and cook dinner) so it should be up a going soon.

Hi Matt:)

I just got my new reactor in.

IMG_0240.jpg

yes, I also need t pick up a phos-ban reactor.

Water changes do suck:( thats why I was thinking of using a 5gal canister filter to exchange water without messing with the water level:) Next project. I have a list of projects for my BF to do.lol poor guy.lol

I will ask around about the nc12, I got rid of mine on ebay really fast:)

I'll wait until you're ready to go to sea dwelling creatures.

Hola Miriam, I should get a reactor for my tank, maybe a Phos-Ban one to keep my phosphates non-existant, lol! I need to do a water change ASAP though, I haven't done one in a while... =X I don't have a ReefKeeper, yet though. Not sure if I want to get one or not, but they are definitely nice to have. I DID get the list from Conrad, tell him thanks! Unfortunately rent and bills tell me that I'll have to wait a bit before getting more livestock or even reef stuff period... :tears: I plan to sell my AP12g real soon, so if you know anyone interested it includes the tank, the stand and the ICA chiller! :)

hey buickskill,

thx homie, trying hard to make it happen. good to hear from yah:)

great, can't wait to see it. U guys use a dremel?

DAMN i guess i haven't been paying attention to this thread!! things are lookin good.

the homeboy austin came down this weekend and got his stuff drilled up. took me bout two hours( i had to stop and cook dinner) so it should be up a going soon.

Awesome, thanks Miriam! I change my water out 5g at a time too, lol! It's simple with a bucket of freshly made SW, a siphon, a powerhead to put the fresh water back into the tank and another bucket where the siphoned out old water goes into. I can do one in less than a half hour. :)

so you like to make your own water mix? Is that better than buying pre mixed water?

I just buy 5gal of saltwater at rainbow pets.

cool, i will try the bucket trick, thx.

I got my order of zoo's today. I'll take some pictures once they've all opened up:)

I also got some from floorlord coming too.

Thx Matt,

Miriam

Awesome, thanks Miriam! I change my water out 5g at a time too, lol! It's simple with a bucket of freshly made SW, a siphon, a powerhead to put the fresh water back into the tank and another bucket where the siphoned out old water goes into. I can do one in less than a half hour. :)

I think it's better since you know where the water comes from and the salt so they are as clean as you keep them. Where with pre-made, their tanks could have crap in it or levels of stuff might be high or whatever the case may be. That's why I got my own RO/DI system a couple months ago back, specificly for my new tank! :) And the system works great, along with Tropic Marin salt, hehe. Excellent mix you can't go wrong with!

Can't wait to see pics of the new zoos when they open up!! B)

mybuickskill6979

I just got my new reactor in.

IMG_0240.jpg

yes, I also need t pick up a phos-ban reactor.

Water changes do suck:( thats why I was thinking of using a 5gal canister filter to exchange water without messing with the water level:) Next project. I have a list of projects for my BF to do.lol poor guy.lol

I will ask around about the nc12, I got rid of mine on ebay really fast:)

I'll wait until you're ready to go to sea dwelling creatures.

hey buickskill,

thx homie, trying hard to make it happen. good to hear from yah:)

great, can't wait to see it. U guys use a dremel?

yuppers a dremel and water. went through maybe three gallons in that session lol. :lol:

yeha i hear ya this check i'll be getting my quiet one pump and the plumbing stuff. little by little you know how it is lol!! :lol:

Hi Matt,

great. thanks for the info. I'm currrently working on getting an ro/di system:)

How long does it take you to fill the 5 gal bucket? I'm going to see in arrowhead has ro/di water:)

Here's some pix. some have yet to open up:(

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out the digi cam. lol

I think it's better since you know where the water comes from and the salt so they are as clean as you keep them. Where with pre-made, their tanks could have crap in it or levels of stuff might be high or whatever the case may be. That's why I got my own RO/DI system a couple months ago back, specificly for my new tank! :) And the system works great, along with Tropic Marin salt, hehe. Excellent mix you can't go wrong with!

Can't wait to see pics of the new zoos when they open up!! B)

buickskill,

when do you plan to have your tank up and running?

did you watch the Lakers tonight:)

thanks, I'll work on getting more pix.

More pics More pics More pics please and also nice tank :happy: .

-Mac B)

The skimmer is working great, I love it. Now I just have to figure out how to get rid of the million of micro bubbles:(

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

hola chico,

awh:( two months, long time, lol JK

minimum two months. i figure another couple hundred, on various parts. and then it will be cycling!!

Hey FUGU, how's it going bud:)

thx, all I need is the famous PPE's. :)

Sweet RPE's!!!

Hey Miriam. My RO/DI cost me only $125 shipped on Ebay. it's an excellent system though, 0TDS water output. It takes me about 2½ hours to fill a 5g bucket with it. Long yes, but it's not actually as long as it seems. It's great not having to rely on an LFS for water though, and I can fill a bucket while I watch a movie, sometimes long after most LFSs have closed for the night, hehe. Plus I don't have to lug the water up the stairs to the apartment.

Nice looking zoas BTW, love the RPEs as well, nice color to them!! B)

nice , sounds like the way to go.

Do you have your RO/DI hooked up to an auto top off?

Thanks, I got some of the zoo's from ampresearch on RC. Only 4 of the 8 zoo frags opened up:( two of them will probably die off, And they're the ones I was really looking forward to. The rest my BF got from the LFS.

Miriam

Hey Miriam. My RO/DI cost me only $125 shipped on Ebay. it's an excellent system though, 0TDS water output. It takes me about 2½ hours to fill a 5g bucket with it. Long yes, but it's not actually as long as it seems. It's great not having to rely on an LFS for water though, and I can fill a bucket while I watch a movie, sometimes long after most LFSs have closed for the night, hehe. Plus I don't have to lug the water up the stairs to the apartment.

Nice looking zoas BTW, love the RPEs as well, nice color to them!! B)

Good find on the zoos, Miriam! :) With my RO/DI I just have a ball valve dispensor connected to the last stage of the system (that's how it comes set up) and just make the RO/DI whenever I need it. No ATO on the RO/DI system though, not yet at least.

buenos dias Matt:)

can"t wait for the 2nd order of zoos to pop up.

I talked to my bf about the RO/DI unit and he brought home two new solenoide valves (I think that's it) , one for me:) and one for you. He said they were leftovers from a job. I'm just going to let him hook it up:)

I got my phos-ban reactor today, now to figure a good pump to use that I can "y" out. one for the chiller and the other onr for the reactor:)

Good find on the zoos, Miriam! :) With my RO/DI I just have a ball valve dispensor connected to the last stage of the system (that's how it comes set up) and just make the RO/DI whenever I need it. No ATO on the RO/DI system though, not yet at least.
mybuickskill6979

ora le. 2 months is long time lol. but i don't wanna break myself to get it up. as much as i'd love to lol. i'm learning electronics is well, so i'm experimenting with a few things ( aquarium related electronics stuffs) so stay tuned lol!!

Wow, you know how to make things happen, Miriam. ;) Tell Conrad good looking out on the solenoids! Let me know how they work out, they are for ATO purposes right? A Phos-Ban reactor would be nice... Do you need C2O for any of them or is that only certain reactors?

Archived